The attrocity that is the assault on hoth lego set

you know what, I had high hopes for this set, then I saw what it was

lego has no excuse for something like this, they could have made an amazing echo base ucs with an atat or two with it and I would be the first to buy it, but instead they decided to make a playset, ULTIMATE COLLECTORS sets first plan should be to make an accurate representation of the thing seen onscreen then add a play function if you want, but this had the play function as its main focus.
more pics/

1 Like

It looks fine to me, honestly it’s nothing to complain about, even for a UCS set.

7 Likes

I think it’s perfectly fine. It’s got the Tauntaun, the Wompa cave, those weird dish thingies, and it’s even got the trenches, turrets, and a snowspeeder. Not sure what that discount Death Star is, but otherwise they’ve just about got everything iconically Hoth.

2 Likes

It’s a decent looking set and is actually quite screen accurate. Don’t really get why you’re complaining, even if you don’t believe it’s screen accurate, please remember that Lego is for kid’s (not teenagers and fully grown men and women who want a replica of an on-screen scene)

@Brunamal that death star thingy is a cannon used in the film. Used as cover fire for the rebel transports so they can escape the planet (hope you remember now)

Yeah personally I really like this set, probably won’t get it but it is definetely nice.

1 Like

Care to tell me how you would more accurately build a snowy landscape?

Also. Got to define what you mean by UCS. I think this set is just as good as the Death Star from 2008 - which is separate from the “UCS” Death Star from 2005.

2 Likes

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/lego-star-wars-topic/1438

This can be talked about HERE.

7 Likes