The best deal you ever got on a Bionicle (or just general Lego) set

Hmmm, I got all the 03’ matoran for about $30.

2 Likes

$7.99 for a 1/2 lb bulk lot of bonkle parts

1 Like

Wait even better deal from bricklink, $40 Titan Takanuva with instructions, all parts and no box, and that thing tends to go for a couple hundred to a thousand with a box on amazon.

1 Like

Two years ago I got 2 sealed Pohatu Nuvas for $10 each.

6 Likes

Go to flea market or something

@Asriel seriously?! I would have thought that would be $25

This probably belongs more in the “greatest bionicle regret” thread, but i once almost got defilak back in 2007 on sale back in 2007 at a walgreens (sadly i was 8 at the time, and i didn’t want to try and ask my mom for it)

I got a sealed Drome Racers set from 2003 that was originally $15-20 for $4.

2 Likes

My best deal so far excluding sets close to their original price is this one Toa Mata Onua set I got for about $20 off of Amazon. Here’s the thing: It was brand new and unopened when I got it. Do you people know how high old sets go far like that? They’re not cheap, that’s for sure…

2 Likes

@ChaoticTempleKnight That’s really good, considering they usually go for around $50 sealed. I sometimes see toa Mata or Nuva having a price that is in the $20 to $30 dollar range. If you would like to get more toa without scraping you wallet, I would suggest searching bionicle and have your search be limited to $15 or >. I find awesome deals on there sometimes.

2 Likes

I got two Zaktan’s and a Toa Inika Jaller for free once, the Lego representative in my state is a friend of my mother, so he would send some sets for me to build for some shops to display them and I would get paid with some Lego stuff, including those sets. I also have a Mata-Nui/Metru-Nui poster, and a Bionicle '06 curtain.

4 Likes

Pohatu masters brand new in box for 2$ at a yard sale. Also came with some crocks

3 Likes

I once got a Tahu mata on eBay with both the canister and instructions for only $15.00 and free shipping.

2 Bohrok Kals for 4€ at a ‘second hand event’ (une brocante in French)

2 Likes

Dude! You got paid for building sets to be put on display, in the sets to be put in display?! Dang! You were so lucky then!

3 Likes

A friend of mine tried to sell me his old collection, six or seven sets from 2008 and 09, for 70 bucks. I declined, he realized he didn’t even want them anymore, and he bumped the prize down to 5 dollars. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

NIB Brutaka for 32 dollars two years ago.
NIB MT-101 Armored Drilling Unit for 40 dollars three years ago.
NIB Kopaka Nuva for 15 dollars 2 years ago.

2 Likes

I acquired The Tarakava for circa 30 bucks in 2012. Teal was incomplete, but only missing some easily replaced technic bricks.

Got all of this for $55 last year off craigslist.

Fully functional EV3 for $25 at goodwill.

Skopio without Telluris for $15 at a garage sale.

HF Dropship missing it’s blaster and thruster for $3.17 at goodwill.

So in total $98.17.

15 Likes

For how much i hated the first wave of HF sets (fun fact: that first wave was so bad that it pretty much drove me away from HF, didn’t really help that at around the same time i had to move and ended up living in an RV for about 9 months while our new house was built). I always thought that that dropship set was a pretty good way to have a new use for the canisters by using them as ODST-style drop-pods.

Then they never used that idea again and they stopped using canisters

3 Likes

Kopaka melum unity for 9 bucks at walmart

2 Likes