The Big Bang Theory will be a LEGO set!

To be fair, TBBT is a bit easier to translate into LEGO set form.

@legomaster1378

I would agree that its easier to translate, except the high figure count of including all the cast members of TBBT would push the acceptability. Sherlock had a max of 4-5 figures that could be cut down to 2 figures if necessary while TBBT has 7 main cast members which would be pushing it in terms of a Lego set selling for a fairly affordable price. TBBT is more difficult as you cannot cut it down in terms of the figures which generally determine the price.

The Big Bang Theory is a very, very popular TV show that has mentioned Lego more than once. If they came to an agreement for an IP launch, Lego could be seeing more exposure on the show as part of that deal. It fits perfectly within the confines of the show, and it would be more exposure for Lego with the show’s audience, which is honestly pretty wide. They could legitimately have an entire episode(s) centered around Lego and it wouldn’t be out of place for the show.

I’m not the biggest fan of it myself, but I can definitely see where The Big Bang Theory played it’s part in the proliferation of Nerd Culture in Pop Culture (alongside the boom in good quality superhero movies). It’s a very good strategic/marketing/money making move on Lego’s part, and anything that gets Lego more ingrained into Pop Culture as an adult hobby is welcome to me. After all, the more people know about Lego/Bionicle, the more TTV has room to grow.

5 Likes

In the video the guy says they are still considering the two doctor who projects.

1 Like

One must remember how the Sandcrawler went

1 Like

I haven’t watched Big Bang Theory much myself but couldn’t LEGO get away with including just the 3 “original/core” cast members? (Leonard, Sheldon and Penny?).

What about the sandcrawler?

It got cancelled on Ideas, then TLG announced that it was developing one in-house.

2 Likes

My only reaction:

-_____-

Yeah basically.

#NO

1 Like

It would need Howard and Raj also… making it a minimum of 5 figures, even that would be incomplete though so it would annoy fans

2 Likes

I saw this, and immediately disliked it. I wanted to say so, but I was worried everyone would disagree with me. Then I saw @Ekorak , @legomaster1378, @A_Sectoid, @MaximumWarp, and the great @Nyran, posting their dislike for it. I’d’ve preferred Doctor Who. Or BTTF Jules Verne train.

3 Likes

I don’t “dislike it”. I’m perfectly fine with LEGO trying to expand their market. However, since I’m not a TBBT fan I’m just exited about some new prints we may get. :slight_smile:

I love BBT, but, why not Hetalia?

1. Hetalia is an anime. Lego doesn’t do anime as far as I’m concerned
  2. Think of how much effort would be needed to make that
    3)…I just… It’s not for kids I guess

…How?..

Exo-Force had significant anime/manga style traits.

2 Likes

Well other then that and Avatar, they don’t do anime stuff…

They didn’t do video games before. Now we have Minecraft. See what I’m getting at?

3 Likes

So that’s how you spell it…

My friend is completely crazy about this.

1 Like

Don’t like Doctor Who, its a 60s show that should’ve stayed in the 60s

On this set though I think it’s gonna be really cool, I might just have to get it since I love the show

2 Likes

So Doctor Who stinks while TBBT is awesome?
Seems legit.
/s I understand everyone has their tastes

2 Likes