The BIONICLE Music (Killing Machines) Music Video

I apologize if I mess up the formatting; first time posting here. This music video was done over the course of a long weekend in Vegas Pro, always wanted to do something like this for a pretty long time after being indirectly influenced by the Vahki Online Animations.

Media was completely sourced from the Biomedia Project (MNOLG cutscenes, Bohrok Online Animations, and the music used).

Hopefully people enjoy it (and I’ll admit I didn’t know how to embed videos until Waj told me how :grin: ).

13 Likes

I saw this yesterday and thought it was quite good. Definitely liked how some of the actions synced to the beat.

To embed videos you just need to have the link on its own line without any other text.

2 Likes

^^ Still glad to hear that you liked it.

Honestly wish I could’ve used a wider variety of clips, even potentially from MNOLG2, but I think I was really strapped for space towards the end while still trying to maintain some sort of visual narrative. Maybe if I give it another go in a year or so, I’ll be able to realize those plans :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Clips from MNOLG 2 would’ve been cool to see, though I think the overall sections worked well with the narrative: intro with Tahu, Mata Nui & Makuta stones, Matoran, Rahi, Toa, and so on-- I liked that the sequences were coherent.

As I said before, I look forward to it! :smile:

Also, you mentioned how you were still a novice at video editing, so I thought I’d share a technique that you could maybe try out for next time. Just click on the arrow below to see the details:

Editing Tip

In addition to using more clips and syncing up more beats, I think shot continuity is something worth considering. Often times you can find clips with certain commonalities between them, whether it be: composition, motion, shape, objects present etc. that you can construct sequences with.

To illustrate the different types of continuity, here are some examples from a music video I edited a while back:

Composition: Both Hahli and Tahu are framed in a full shot at the center of the screen.

Hahli-Tahu

Shape and Motion: The circular shape of the tunnel is preserved between clips, but at different angles. The motion of Onua digging down is also continued and preserved by the terrain crawler.

Onua-Mahri-Clip

Objects: Here the Rhotuka is charging in the first shot and then is released in the next.

Rhotuka

1 Like

Nice, really good timing between the music and the visual movements.

2 Likes

Goosebumps!

1 Like