The Book of Dreams

Then why aren’t you here?

3 Likes

More evidence

1 Like

being his father I am legally required to disappear for 37 years looking for milk

3 Likes

What happens at year 36?

get ready for nothing to make sense ever, and then Tott will tell lies to the naive comic relief character about the purpose of the mission and why they were the only ones who made it out and then Monopoly- I mean Tott will get in a fight with Lady Keksnotsomuch.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

5 Likes

you expect me to know that?

finally a Book of Dreams theory I agree with

5 Likes

Ch 8

Chapter 9

Jedrek I think his name was stalked across the room with a large number of steps and looked suspiciously from the wooden articulated dummy to myself and back again for about ten seconds.

“I don’t see it.”

I turned the figure to face him, and since that also didn’t seem to satisfy, I then turned myself to face him. Chromeboy took the opportunity to get back on his feet and kept rubbing his jaw, unsure whether to leave the two of us to this clearly dead conversation and continue scouring the room.

“Mmmmmmmmnope.” Jeoffrey mumbled, shaking his hidden head. “You have a hat.”

The silver figure visibly snorted, earning him a cruel and threatening glare from the trash bag figure. For crying out loud, what was his name? It shouldn’t be this hard to remember. It was someting stupid, like… Jephry, or Jefferson, or…

…Hint hint, morons, you’re supposed to tell me what his name is. It’s the reason I’m having an internal monologue on the topic so that you can come save the day. Fine, if you’re going to be incompetent and just stand there I’ll busy myself.

I slightly tossed the figure into the reflective guy and paced to the left wall. I didn’t want it to look like that I was specifically heading towards Diero. But before I could get there, however, chromeboy overtook me and handed Diero a note, motioning for him to hurry up and consume it before I could… Care, or look at it, or something. I think he was trying to be subtle, but it really didn’t work.

“Wait, wait.” I said, throwing up one hand in protest while sliding the other into my pocket. I suddenly found myself staring at the floor, having looked down entirely by reflex of being exhausted. I have never liked the taste of coffee, but I honestly don’t think I’d mind it that much after all of this.

“You’ve been force-feeding him paperboard motivational messages this entire time. I’m not sure he even reads half of them, or if he even knows how to read. But I’m over fifteen thousand percent confident that you’re really bad at hiding any of it from me.” I looked from one to the other repeatedly and jabbed an accusing forefinger on occasion. “Now sooner or later you’re going to have to spill the big secret. It can be now, or it can be later, but you might want to go with now.”

“Weren’t you just foaming at the mouth with rage and braining the boss a moment ago?” Jenkins asked. “I didn’t realize you could forget thing so rapidly. Or is it by choice?” There was an implied smirk in his tone.

“I’m sorry, did you miss out?” I curled my fists and turned to approach before a metallic click sounded near my head, and I saw Diero had closed the gap frighteningly fast with a cocked revolver at my temple. His grin had increased as if he was daring me to try and test my luck.

“Diero here is one of those things outside,” Jerome began whilst I swatted Diero’s arm away, causing the cadaverous cowboy to recoil in utter shock. “I have my suspicions where they originate from, but I can’t be certain. Diero is one of the oldest ones I’ve known of existing, while all of the ones out there are likely very new.”

“He’s what we refer to as a Dreamer.” Chromeboy interrupted, earning him yet another cruel and threatening glare from Jerald. “I guess the closest thing to compare them to is a Golem. They can be tied, willingly or by force, to a host, and upon consuming written requests can enact them without risk of being stopped by any living being except another Dreamer.”

“Since we’re all sharing,” Diero grumbled, clearly uncomfortable with the level of information being revealed. “I killed a number of those things before I ever met- alright, look, I’m gonna be really plain, did we have to tell the kid everything about me?” He remained crouching, but swiveled on his toe and glared at both of the capricious clods. “And how come you’re so determined he never finds out about your name?”

“Now wait a-”

“Don’t now wait a me!” He snapped, stabbing an accusing forefinger into the face of chromeboy. I wonder if I inspired that action. “You and Jethryn can blab about my storied past as much as you want to, but I can’t even mention your name in front of the kid?”

Ahh, Jethryn. That’s right, I knew it was something with a J. It really should have been Jethro though. Maybe Diero got it wrong? Should I risk correcting him? Or perhaps just save the name Jethro for later to insult him with.

“Diero,” I began, pretending to be offended. “I already told chromeboy there not to call me kid, and-”

“His Name,” Diero hissed, swiveling about on the toe of his spur-sporting cowboy boot, a wicked fury boiling in his eyes, blazing out from the wide brim of his stupid, stupid hat, while I was reminded how pointy his shoulders were. “Is R-”

He turned about at the speed of lightning and fired two shots, the leather jacket he wore whirling about behind him. I heard the tinkling of glass and feared the worst for ‘R’ - not sympathy, just would rather not have someone die in front of me and get internal organs all over my wonderful coat - when it became rather painfully obvious that he was perfectly fine.

…Yes, I was a little disappointed.

Diero grabbed me by the collar, darting sideways across the room while Jethryn wailed his disappointment at the sight of a bullet hole through one of his rags. R darted to the part of the room behind me, but during all of this I was too preoccupied with the sight of more Diero cousins piling through the glass ceiling like a maddened horde of spiders, crawling on the walls and ceiling after their entrance. How on earth they ascended the tower I was not certain, but I could have guessed it had something to do with the whole eating joke cards thing Diero seemed obsessed with.

Diero finally dropped me to whip out his second revolver and unloaded bullet after bullet in the cranium of each opponent, landing a perfect shot in each cousin’s eye socket. They were clearly bulletproof, much like Diero himself, as the bullets rang about inside their empty heads for a moment before they dropped, but I could not discern why their eyes seemed to be such a flaw for them. Useful information in case I ever needed to tangle with Diero, I guess.

I looked behind me, and saw Jethryn had relocated to that end of the room as well. He looked at me and Diero shiftily, then opened a large steel door and bolted it securely behind us. Egads, could this extremely edgy fellow be double-crossing us? Maybe, maybe he was just suspicious of me. I can hardly blame him for it; I’m pretty suspicious of me, too.

Regardless, here I was in a room full of Dieros, and only one of them had a horrible fashion sense. But, the rest were trying to kill me, so there’s that, I guess. Most of the next minute or so was spent by me ducking and dodging around and in between Diero’s tall, bony legs as he snapped from shot to shot, going through what appeared to be an inexhaustible supply of bullets. Before long, however, the horde has managed to swarm around us and were tearing through the door like wet paper, so Diero grabbed me and shouldered his way through the ravenous pile, kicking a few of the downed bodies from his path.

Beyond the door was a dark and extremely steep drop, as if an elevator shaft used to be there but got completely torn out. Diero stood for a second, clearly worried the horde would push him down from behind, before a tremendous roaring noise threatened to break my head open. Diero cackled madly and stuck his leg out over the abyss.

Well, you can imagine me clutching the sides of my head as if that would make a difference and glaring at Diero’s incredibly smug expression as the roaring got louder and louder, and then…

Up.

Up we went, higher and higher.

Ruined spire gave way to the unrelenting power of a massive ballistic missile. Yes, this was terrifying, and yes, I absolutely did blame Diero for all of it, and for the fact that I couldn’t hear anything due to it being so loud.

Ch 10

9 Likes

Rukah?!
Renner?!

Most likely Rukah, because if this character were my self-MOC, TottallyNotACat would comment on his stupid height and stupid HF helmet… and Rukah’s self-MOC is shinier.

10 Likes

Yep. I think it’s definitely Rukah, and I’m also starting to think that Jethryn is Burnet on stilts…

4 Likes

Grrrrrrrrr
Uh I mean
Good job at being vague

This is true

eeeenteresting…

3 Likes

me think it Hawkflight

2 Likes

but that’s too direct and simple for Ghid.

it must be more complex and confusing

2 Likes

I eat the ballistic missile to save him.

6 Likes

why would that be?

2 Likes

*height

also diero is tallest regardless of who the silver guy is so he’s getting all the insults height-wise

:thinking:

now you’re cooking with gas

7 Likes

you’re clearly seeing things, um, I definitely didn’t edit it… Read it again.

5 Likes

7 Likes

That looks painful, spontaneously combusting like that.

3 Likes

Makes me hungry.

3 Likes

I’m hungry

I should eat some pizza goldfish

3 Likes

Imagine eating goldfish that you’ve feed pizza so that it will taste like pizza

4 Likes