The Book of Dreams

Ch 26

Chapter 27

The descent occurred far faster than I would have liked.

The circle of light above me quickly tapered into a point amid the swirling mist of the void below. My heart raced, furious at something, some unseen factor, pulling events beyond my control. Down into the darkness I plunged, not only literal but metaphorical, destined to meet whatever horrors lied under the veil of black.

A glow met my eyes, an orange glow centralized in some tangible form. Deep in the shadow there was an infernal engine, a monstrous bespattering heart throwing its vial contents about in noiseless wickedness. Every bolt was groaning and creaking as if each metal plate desired to spring to life and dig its way into my wooden body in an act of defiance against its existence, which must be unfiltered agony.

“Well, it’s good to see you mostly well.”

I swung the revolver around and aimed it at the sinister glow. Whoever this was, I imagined it wouldn’t like the taste of lead as much as Diero’s cousins seemed to.

“I have a challenge for you.” The voice continued. “As you may have recalled, the writing on the wall you mentioned… I am the story departed. I am Lesnichiy. Here, deep in the heart of this malicious machine, I have been written to resign.”

“And?” I asked impatiently.

“That Chronicler specified we are not of our own power here.” Lesnichiy continued. “That means every one of us has a master. Mine is those who choose to gamble with fate. I’m willing to exercise my influence over this world to revive all those lost to fate in this whole area, if you…”

“If I what.

Lesnichiy implied a smile… somehow. “Grant me a wish of my own. All of us carried over, we have dreams. Ambitions. In order to accomplish mine, I must be able to move freely, think freely. I cannot be confined to this monstrous contraption’s purpose of the manufacturing of cider or whatever else the one to trust plans to do with it. I seek freedom.”

“Yes. Fine. Whatever.” I mumbled, looking about for some way to leave. “Do whatever the heck you want. I don’t care.”

“What about you?”

That was a bit too personal of a question. To be restored once again, possibly, but… The ones that had put their faith and trust in me who had seen it fail and falter- No. I would never be accepted again. The path the world saw me taking was the one I had to fulfill; there are a finite number of positions in this world, and mine had to be fulfilled.

“No.” I responded. “But give me my arm back. The one for this body; I don’t… We all have to live with our mistakes. I’m going to find a way to live with mine. If I can’t, then… That’s my fate. But no matter the turn of the cloth I’ll keep my errors and poor judgement. No second chances now.”

There was a deep and incredibly violent rumbling which seemed to shake the air itself. “Thank you, stranger. Might I inquire of your name before I depart?”

I pulled the collar of my coat closer to my neck as I returned to my feet. “No one in particular. Just a friend, I suppose.”

“A friend to me, indeed. You know that dream I possess?” The voice replied as the platform I and the decrepit deadsperado shared began to rise again. “All of us share it, friend. We will avenge our hero, our Yuo.”

“We will kill the one to trust.”

As the construction disappeared from view, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Diero’s beady eyes gleamed across the darkness, and a vague form gestured for the gun. Somewhat reluctantly, I returned it.

“Don’t know what happened just now, but I see the light approaching up top.” Diero hissed. “If you see that Sonus fellow again, tell him to save us the trouble and throw himself in.”

As the platform returned to its proper place, Diero spun about wildly. “Renner’s gone! Where could he had got off to? He’s just a spine and skull now, and that isn’t known for traveling very comfortab-”

Another massive shudder shook the building followed by the roar of metal. Without another word, Diero snatched me by the collar and bounded over the lava river - doing it a second time wasn’t so bad. Although I can only imagine how horrible my coat must feel right now with the way this neanderthal is clutching it, all crumpled together in his fist.

Suddenly Diero stopped and roared, flames spilling out of his eyes as another shudder racked the building. There was a cry back by the area Sonus had shown us to, and racing out there Diero flipped out another card, sticking it in his teeth as be lifted me higher. The blue flames danced about and when they cleared, I was back in the hallway again.

“Come on, Diero, we’ve got to get the heck out of here!” Renner barked at him, and after sharing a quick and extremely confused glance with me, we- yes, this time I actually mean it - we shrugged our shoulders and the vigilante flew into action, bolting to Winger and Cordax and scooping them up.

So, you’re probably wondering how Cordax and Winger are alive if they both died violently. Well reread the chapter again; I’m not paraphrasing and you can figure it out on your own without the narrator explaining it to you. Sheesh.

Renner tried scooping me up, but I slapped him away. I was so done with being carried around like a canvas bag, and staining my dignity with disgusting empathy just to keep these cretins alive was enough of a sacrifice on my part. As we all rushed down the hall I threw my hand out and gripped the digits of a very confused girl meandering about in the darkness… Had she been the one Eilrach controlled?

REUNION!!

why why why WHY WHY WHY

Out of a ruined observatory deck tore a massive skeletal figure, thunderous booming sounding around him. “FREE!! EILRACH IS ONCE AGAIN FREE! WE ARE… NO WAIT, I AM… CRAP NOT THIS AGAIN.

“MOVE IT, Bonehead!!” Diero snapped at him as he tore his heel into the carpet, gaining enough leverage to sharply round the corner. “This place is coming down on top of us, so if you like being alive then MOVE!!”

NO ONE COMMANDS EILRACH!!!” The figure bellowed, then, slightly quieter, “BUT BEING ENTOMBED IN THIS PLACE SOUNDS BAD AND CLAUSTROPHOBIC. WE WILL GO. BUT DO NOT CONSIDER THIS AN HONOR ON YOUR PART - WE OBEY NO ONE!!

The entrance was in sight. I noticed the strong scent of decay as we passed, and turning about I noticed an empty closet that seemed to be the source. I wonder what might have been there.

As the revolting band of miscreants burst forth from the front door, it became very obvious that the ground was no longer there. Half the party went into freefall while I managed to barely hold on, forgetting that I was supposed to be holding that one girl’s hand and keeping her from, y’know, falling to her death. Whoopsie daisy.

Diero and Eilrach sprung into action, the former being commanded to use his wild cards and the latter swooping about and snatching people out of the air. One of the people he collected was one wearing a yellow hazmat suit that looked awfully familiar…

Diero suddenly threw out wild cards at everyone present, including myself. Before I disappeared, I crawled back up into the hall just in time to make eye contact with a violently glowing figure - I have no idea who he could have been.

The next minute I was tasting dirt. High in the sky, making good speed, was the entirety of the nuclear facility and cider factory heading for the dark wall. Somehow my collection of morons had grown notably larger, and all eyes were on the moving target.

I could only hope things had reached their stupidest point, but what do I know?

Ch 28

6 Likes

Here we go again.

Absolutely incredible

However if I don’t finish the story by the end of the book I will inherit everyone’s Bionicle collections across the entire world

He just keeps turning up, doesn’t he? Like a bad penny or a main character or something.

sike

4 Likes

Yeah

ARGH WHY
I still think tott is ghid, however

Yeah, somehow they and fifty and racie and winger and cordax and eilrach came back
Intriguing

1 Like

You sound disappointed. Did your theory get ruined?

1 Like

Well my original theory was that tott was n01:

so uh
sort of but not really

Haven’t read the chapter yet, but once I get a chance I’ll post my thoughts on the promised bombshells

3 Likes

I CAN’T BELIEVE CORDAX IS ALIVE :sob: :sob:

I wonder, was tott originally planned to be [REDACTED] or was the fact that [REDACTED] just a red herring? Or is the implication that [REDACTED] is [REDACTED] a red herring and he actually is [REDACTED] after all??

5 Likes

sure let’s just go with that

frick he figured it out

3 Likes

Oh look it’s me.

Good chapter, was a bit confused with how everyone got revived, but I followed your

Wait assuming that Tott is me would it be my advice?

Following some advice that was given in this chapter I re-read the chapter and would you looky there!

Pretty good chapter 7/10

7 Likes

uh oh

3 Likes

so everyone ded but now no one ded

that’s a deus ex machina if I’ve ever saw one

5 Likes

*lay

cmon mister I expected better

3 Likes

Winger, did you get disowned?

4 Likes

Yeah… the total of about 150 sets and MOCs of varying shapes and sizes and four big boxes of miscellaneous G1, CCBS and technic pieces are on the line…

Were on the line, that is…

…BECAUSE I CAUGHT UP!

Sorry N01, but you won’t be getting any of my precious Bionicle pieces any time soon.

Anyways, this book has been so incredible!

I have so many theories and questions and revelations and questions and theories and and and and-

But that all’s gonna wait till tomorrow because I’m having a stroke right now I’m struggling to put my thoughts into comprehensible text my brain is literally melting from reading too much good book at once ahhhhhhhh

Okay bye I need some rest now

8 Likes

It’s not like I wanted any of those sets or anything.

Definitely

definitely…

4 Likes

incredible

On your drawings?

3 Likes

Sheesh!

Everything is terrible in that department because Ghid announced the fourth book, so my plans and preparations for a trilogy of book covers had to be thrown out the window. Now I’ll have to rethink everything to turn it into a… quadlogy?!

6 Likes

quartet, maybe?