It’s Sun Tzu.

smh

3 Likes

“The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth.”
― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

was?

smh my mh my s my head mh s.

3 Likes

You’re embarrassing me in front of all of my friends acquaintances, Winger! :cry:

ooh ho ho, I guess you could say th-

wait that wasn’t the last chapter?

3 Likes

the tao te ching is included in my copy of the art of war, i really need to get to reading it

1 Like

for some reason I feel like this is something The One To Trust would say:

Chapter 12

This was it, then.

The end of the story. The darkness had come, and with it, a deep and sinking sensation as if all hope was abandoned into the gloom of the night. Into the nothingness and void flew all sense of being and joy for life.

There was no hope; there never was.

The One To Trust was somewhere out there in the blackness. Was he aware of what was happening? Was he conscious of the lack of hope, the pressing abandonment of all that was dear to You? To You this mattered a great deal; this could not end so foully on a note so resoundingly dull. You had failed the hero’s journey; there was no victory, no final conflict, and no resolution of conflict.

You had brought along friends for this pointless endeavor; they were dead. The Chronicler was probably spending his last few moments ripping his neck apart in an attempt to chronicling You’s final thoughts. You could not help but feel he had failed the Chronicler by his inaction and his foolish decisions, and now You’s company had splintered and fallen apart. There was nothing more You was capable of doing; he had no legs, no arms, no body or presence of being, merely a fleeting thought in an otherwise incomprehensible emptiness.

You had freed the sun from its prison, You had heard the rain’s song, you had defeated the drapes of heaven’s door and You and his allies had challenged The One To Trust only to meet in resounding failure. Was this life worth living, thought You? Had he lied to that To Be?

You.

You…

Something was wrong with that. From out of the unimaginable blackness the laws of the universe cried out in retaliation against that statement; You. It was wrong, You was not some nondescript identifier, yet the Chronicler’s writings bore evidence that he was You. He even quoted it as having been You; had the Chronicler made a mistake? His name was not You.

It was Yuo.

His name was Yuo.

An epiphany of sorts beamed from the void and seemed to push back from the depths of despair. Why had the Chronicler written it as You? Because he wanted it to be related to. To consider the events and occurrences as having occurred to the outside viewer and the story written - the chronicle detailed about Yuo - might be understood from the reader’s perspective.

Now from the recess of the void beamed a resounding ray of hope as the meaning of the Chronicler’s words came freshly to mind. None of the chroniclers who have come before could have had so many things to say about any one person than about you - You. Yuo had simply been a gateway; a jumping-off point for a greater series of novels and stories about… You.

At that moment the veil of nothingness had lifted, and far above the hollow where he sat stood a man much unlike The One To Trust. He seemed dazed, a bright blue glow coming from his head, which was obscured by the rest of his body. At the other end of the void there stood a man much like The One To Trust, who seemed to be visibly incomprehensible. The first figure seemed to be unsteady, as if he did not notice his surroundings, and it was clear he reacted very unhealthily to the world he was now present in.

The man was also missing his left arm. Perhaps he’d like another.

With a thought the unidentifiable man suddenly tossed something at the one with the glowing head. The latter caught it, seamlessly connecting it to his elbow. It was one of the Chronicler’s arms.

The two figures faded away, and so did the rest of the world. But now somewhere in some story there would be the Chronicler’s hand, ceaselessly writing the stories of countless people, reading these words which may be Yuo’s last. His story ends here - but he lives on forever, thriving in memories of encapsulating script devoured by the eyes of many. Perhaps even in yours.

These are the writings of the Chronicler, who detailed the story of Yuo, and by an ingenious series of devices ascended himself and his story from the depths of this world to directly affect the one beyond it. In these pages are placed metaphors and statements meant to inspire and challenge You in your writings and your life, should you care to reread and find them.

The Book of Logic.

“Move only if there is a real advantage to be gained.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

8 Likes

Ahh my carpal tunnel

With that, the second book in this stupid series is over! I must admit it got a bit random chaotic towards the end there, but yes I’ve been chomping at the bit to post a certain moc in this site for a while now… Any relation between these characters and any mocs living or dead is purely coincidental.

Had some slightly-larger-than-average-brain ideas running for a while there and I’m really happy I got to see them to their fruition. As stated, this book is packed with too many metaphors and I should really calm down. I expect the next book to return somewhat to the more comedic routes of this series, but once you’ve taken that deep dive into subtext you can’t swim back out.

This is a call for help

Anyway, REVIEW!! let me know how much it sucks and why I should never write anything else ever again as long as I live. Would really appreciate your feedback on this one, especially from those who participated in it.

Thank you all so very much! It’s been a blast.

5 Likes

yaaaay
you finished!!!
I rather like the ending. It wasn’t what I was expecting, but then I was expecting something unexpected. that probably doesn’t make sense
now you can start on book threeeeeeeee
though to be honest I didn’t really get the ending part with the two people. Who are they???

Read over the Book of Ramblings for context on that.

2 Likes

Oh
OHHHHH
I get it now

Now lissen here sonny pa

the fact that you have not one, but two completely finished short novels is something that the vast majority of writers cannot claim to have accomplished. That in and of itself is really, really worth it, no matter how bad you may think the actual content is.

5 Likes

this ending confuses me, but then again this whole story has confused me.

5 Likes

you were supposed to eat it

4 Likes

I’ll eat it next time don’t worry.

2 Likes

[insert a certain rhyme about topic resurrection here]

So hmm… here’s a bit of a teaser:

This is a very, very early draft of the book cover for BoL. Ignore the fact it looks ugly as hell, the project is in a very early stage and the actual piece will probably look nothing like this in the end

13 Likes

ooh
For a prototype it doesn’t look that bad.

2 Likes

8 Likes

as they say: very nice

1 Like

it’s interesting since now Yuo has an actual physical appearance in moc form, but also Ghid has a written description in the story far more defined than BoR. Regardless, this is going in the Ghid image folder.

5 Likes

Oh yes, the yellow is really good, creates amazing contrast with the red.

4 Likes