That’s so freaking sick…

6 Likes

Do you mean… BoR-ever? :joy: :rofl: :sob: :skull:
I hate myself

I’m quite satisfied with this style, so you best believe there’s more to come

11 Likes

Ch 7

Chapter 8

It was a frightening sight, looking out over what once had been a densely-packed city now consisting of a sizzling heatwave which radiated off every surface, the surrounding city framed eerily in the twisted streetlights warped from the flash of light and warmth into curled, wilting caricatures of themselves. Out in the city streets were a number of yellow lights, all of which were turned towards the building which Renner occupied.

Renner, however, could care less at the moment what the rest of the world looked like. Dashing forwards, he peppered Monopoly with a flurry of light blows as he passed, finally tossing the carpet piece to Diero’s confined form which burst forth effortlessly from the ground the moment his jaws touched it.

Monopoly had staggered slightly from Renner’s attack, but as Diero moved in for the kill, Monopoly suddenly swung out and decked the bony bodyguard with a retreating left hook to the jaw. In just a moment Diero was back up, but after kneeing towards his face fell again to a hook from the right.

“Fantastic.” The glowing orb of Monopoly’s consciousness looked at his hands. “I knew this was going to give me an edge.” He moved in, but reacted too slowly to Diero’s sharp kick, which dug into his shin and tripped him slightly, giving the cadaverous cowpoke the opportunity to roll aside and bolt for his boss.

Renner’s armor shifted from a speed-focused form to one with durable gauntlets, leaving him completely open for Diero to grab by the stomach as he dashed for the door. The little Ghid grabbed the deadsperado’s ankle as he passed, and the trio were propelled by Diero’s efforts down the tiny hall and out the door at the end, which flew off its hinges when presented with Diero’s elbow.

“That- Enough!” Renner growled, worming around in Diero’s grip. “We had him there; we could’ve taken him on, and- and stopped him!”

“He knocked me down, boss.” Diero replied, effortlessly scaling a nearby building and sprinting across the rooftops. “You wrote to keep you safe, right? Can’t do that if I’m dropping with every hit he lands. Now don’t let your decking the tall guy color your vision or muddle your memory of being nearly killed by him before. This ain’t our fight-”

Diero spun out suddenly as a shingle slid beneath his foot. The pair went flying for a moment, but Diero’s momentum enabled him to catch his heel in a gutter and gently set Renner down on the edge of the roof as he himself smashed into the rest of the gutter and hit the ground below. Renner didn’t even bother looking at Diero’s impact, or wince at the severity of it, for his mind was too busy comprehending what his loyal lummox had informed him of.

He had died. Now that it had been mentioned to him, his memory of the event was becoming clearer and clearer. He hadn’t nearly been killed , he was killed - Monopoly had ripped his mechanical spine out during the cider factory chase. The gap in memory of him actually dying was a painful hole to consider, as one moment his life was trickling out, and the next he was completely renewed, as if the brutal evisceration of his body had never taken place and the memory of it had been lost.

Diero had clawed his way back up by this point, but Renner’s solemn appearance held his hypothetical tongue. He levered himself over the edge of the roof and sat, slouching forwards and feeling about for another cigar as he waited for his boss to speak.

“You think he can see us?” The anodize airhead wondered, looking up towards the circle of the moon which glowed above the darkened city, the only major source of light in the area.

“Hmm?” Diero replied, looking at Renner with one eye while his other socket was busy having the end of his cigar stuck into it. He pulled it out and puffed at the other end, seemingly unbothered about Renner’s now revolted expression. “Tott did this the other day, and I figured it might work well for cigars too. Hey, it’s cost effective, and- look, I’m out of matches, okay?” Diero droned in irritation as his boss still held a look of repulsion on his features.

“Yeah um.” Renner pointed upwards.

“Oh, right… Him.” The cow-poking clodpoll gazed upwards, leaning back and resting one arm underneath his bony noggin. “I don’t know, but there’s an awful lot of him up there. I bet he’s just wishin’ that card’ll get to him faster and bring the whole lot of 'im down here. You reckon that’s what he’s up to?”

“You know,” Renner leaned forward on his knees and stared at the ugly rooftops in the darkness. “I don’t think anyone in the world really believes you speak like that.”

“'Fraid I do,” Diero spun the cigar in his fingers, ash flinging in every direction. “You recall my rich, varied history b’fore I up an’ met you?”

“Yes,” Renner gripped the sides of his head. “Please write a book so I don’t have to re-listen to any of it.”

Diero shrugged in reply, and kept staring upwards. There was silence yet again broken only by Diero’s hat scraping against the shingles as he shifted it side to side, over and over.

“What.” Renner finally asked, growing tired of the motion, but suddenly snapped his head towards the sky before Diero could answer. It was a ragged tear-like shape in the sky, the darkness inside it just ever so slightly darker than the night it was framed against.

“Book,” He began, straining as he slowly stood. “There’s a great big hole in the sky, and sooner or later someone’s going to come taking advantage of it. Diero, we need to get up there right now.” Renner hopped off the roof and walked a few steps, turning around for Diero to follow.

He followed by slumping forward and landing in a pile, his head covered by a plastic bag. Renner braced himself as the silhouette of a figure appeared, holding the deadsperado’s hat in one hand and a shining pistol in the other.

“Zippy has commanded all survivors of the wreck be arrested at once.” The officer deadpanned, his blue Pakari reflecting the yellow light of the Dreamers’ eyes which appeared like sudden sparks from the dark of the alleyway. “I’m sorry, sir, but I’m placing you under arrest.”

I looked away for a moment.

One thousand and one bodies. All but one are Dreamers. The card is only a minute away.

Ch 9

5 Likes
Welcome to your final test I'm MrBeast

this whole chapter took so long I forgot how I was going to reply to all of these :skull:

what a fine gentleman I am sure he would never gouge a robot’s eyes out and turn him into a rectangle

I really love this artstyle, it’s gritty and in-your-face. Works really well for a rough and tumble character like Monopoly.

ok never mind the art sucks

4 Likes

I exist

finally, I’m all caught up

5 Likes
We can scrap the “S” cuz I’ve never missed a beat

I’m sure that no less than one skeleton gif was going to be involved in there

You know I’ve been waiting for a while for these three to fight, especially Monopoly and Renner, ever since Monopoly the user dropped this absolute gem:

Such a shame that the battle didn’t last long and nobody got hurt (surprisingly) this time. Well, I doubt that Monopoly will let them go so easily (he did break into the room for a reason, right?), so hopefully the beatdown fight will continue.

Also, the other thing thing that surprises me is that Diero did not pick up Mc’Gick’s gun after cracking his head like an egg. I thought it was a perfect opportunity to give Diero at least one new revolver, as him having none just doesn’t feel right.

I love it when the characters start having an existential crisis after realising that they had been killed by Monopoly

Ahhh the good old days

BoB (the Book of Bones)

I would like to praise you for the clever way you tied this all to the previous paragraph using the word “follow”, but I won’t because I don’t want you to destroy any more electronic devices :dizzy_face:

I’m quite surprised that this method of taking out dreamers hadn’t been used by anyone before. It instantly puts out the flame in a dreamer’s head and it’s impossible to reignite it without taking off the bag, meaning that Renner is probably going to face off against a hoard of police-controlled dreamers all by himself :skull:

New theory: I have been informed that Ghid’s eyes are, in fact, orange, meaning that these Dreamers are most certainly not, in fact, a Ghid. listen man I don’t really have any theories for now :skull:

Finally!

All but one? Does that mean the real real Ghid was in the factory when Diero did the card thing back in BoD? I guess we will find out soon.

Ghid, is this pun really BoT -hering you so much? :sweat_smile: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :skull:
Why am I doing this to myself

Ayy you’re back! I was wondering why you haven’t been active in this topic for a while

7 Likes

Making all these puns in front of Ghid is very BoL-d of you!

If you keep this up, he’ll separate your soul from your BoD-y!

4 Likes

That’s assuming I have one

Nah I’m sure I’ll be Tott-ally fine

7 Likes

Nota, please don’t BoT-tle up your feelings

5 Likes

You guys Yuo-sually are pretty good with puns, but this is downright terrible!

5 Likes

Well personally I con-cider these puns a to be satis-factory

4 Likes

They seem kinda BoR-ing to me

1 Like

Bruh wrong topic for that. Ofc now’s when the dementia actually kicks in.

I have remained caught up and am very much looking forward to whenever that totes cool Ai guy spews his next line of verbal nonsense.

6 Likes

ghid we’re still waiting for an explanation of chapter whatever it was I forgot but it’s the one that had n01 of book of ramblings

edit: it was twelve

5 Likes

Newly uncovered footage of Ghid writing the dialogue from chapter 12 of bor (stop looking, there are no lore implications)

6 Likes

if you zoom and enhance ghid’s face in that photo, in the deep recesses of his skin pores you can just make out the words “get trolled”. My team and I have yet to understand what this means.

7 Likes

Ch 8

Chapter 9

Your friends just get better and better.” Winger whispered in Cordax’s direction.

‘Friend’ is a bit of a stretch with this one.” Cordax replied. “I’ve known him for, like, a couple hours maybe?”

“Oh, come on!” The cloud of specks flew about the room. “Not one question as to how I’m doing? No speculation as to how I survived? Nobody? Surely somebody cares about me, right?”

“Shut up waffle house nobody asked you.” The specks dismissed the tentatively raised hand of the Maestro de Gofres. “OKay, so nobody cares about poor Wild. Cool, great, fantastic. No tears shed over me fighting Monopoly, or getting dogpiled by Cordax’s extended family, or getting blown up in a nuclear reactor and dying. It’s fine, it’s just Wild, why should we care about him?” The cloud circled above the party, as if looking at the ceiling in dismay. “Surely he can’t feel pain, he’s just an insignificant speck, he’s nothing important, why bother considering how HE feels about getting nuked?

Sorry, he gets like this.” Gofers murmured behind his bony hand. “Look, can you cry yourself to sleep after we entertain our guests? They kind of need help-”

“Wait, you got nuked??” Cordax stared, the cloud stopping its spiral of despair and floating back down. “I had no idea-”

“Of course you wouldn’t, cheese face, you only ruined everything by unlocking that stupid skeleton and destroying the laws of physics, ok thanks a lot Cordax, some help you were-”

“Excuse me, I was being extremely traumatized!” Cordax sunk his head back into his collar. “Besides, Monopoly betrayed everyone, so why does it even matter what happened? The whole factory’s been destroyed regardless of what occurred in it.”

“Oh come on, that dome was meant to handle nuclear blasts, and there’s no way it was that structurally unsound-”

“Renner’s Dreamer teleported it away.” Winger sat down on the dingy couch. “I assume it got taken off-planet. Gosh, how is anything I’m saying a remotely normal thing? I-” He broke out a sputtering chuckle. “I’m, I’m talking to the contents of a neon sign in a sewer system while invincible skeletons are busy fighting THE SUN.

“I just- I can’t- I really can’t.” Winger rested his arms on his knees and gripped the sides of his helmet, getting a fantastic view of the floor. “Gosh, I’ve been trying so hard to be the normal one here, not that it’s hard with you freaks setting the bar so low-”

“Heyyy.” Cordax scowled. “Just because I’m short-”

“Give midlife crisis here a minute, would you?” The wild cloud flew down between Winger and Cordax. “Now I’ve simply got to get caught up to speed on what’s been going on, and you seem like the perfect witness of events to do that.” It ushered Cordax into some dark hallway, and before long he could be heard making sound effects to describe the events that transpired.

“Is he gone?” Another voice spoke. Winger, who was busy trying not to lose his will to live, gave in to his good-natured instinct to try and help someone who may possibly be in need. A small orange light could be seen flashing in the corner of the room, coming from a defunct projector which appeared to have been modified with replacement parts from another model.

“The cloud’s gone, yes.” Gofers replied, tentatively holding out a hand for Racie to lean on, who was trying to make it clear she didn’t want to.

“I was referring to him.” The orange light glowed and projected a small hologram into the room, which shifted in form for a moment before portraying an emaciated corpse. It had barely any muscle, withered grey skin, a shock of white hair plastered to its scalp, and was so small it made Cordax look big. A blue child’s coat was wrapped snugly around the body, and remained the only portion unchanged by the sudden shift in visuals which de-aged the corpse back into what it presumably would have been.

Winger stared at the facsimile of a person which the AI had constructed, with skin akin to Cordax’s - artificial, plastic-like and occasionally reflective. The cartoonish face it protected was now drowning in waves of white hair, and the small coat was a much more snug fit than it had been before.

“And???”

“…And… What?”

“Dude, you can’t just reconstruct a dead body in front of everyone here and then pretend the conversation continues.” Winger gestured at the hologram in desperation. “Did you have a point to this?”

“Uhh,” The AI’s hologram looked about in vaguely veiled concern. “Honestly, I didn’t really think about the social aspect of it until just now, uh. Sorry, lemme start this over.” The hologram disappeared and reappeared as the decayed cadaver. “Hi, nice to meet you, what’s your name?”

“Hey uhh,” The cloud of wild sparks reappeared suddenly from the darkness. “cheese face just fell down the hole. Uh, I can’t carry him up as I am, so if someone could assist that would be dandy, and oh my gosh dude I thought I told you to stop using the corpse version of that.”

“But you said recognizability was key to rebuilding a friendly relationship once lost but now restored!” The AI protested.

“I also said if you reintroduce yourself to velveeta peepers as a rotting husk maybe he wouldn’t be so inclined to resume that friendship, now would he?” the wild cloud replied. “Now get your rears in gear; I thought I heard noises down there.”

“Let’s move.” Winger sighed, forcing himself up off the couch and motioning the Maestro de Gofres to follow. Racie had no means to keep up, and AI had no means to move whatsoever, so the party advanced into the darkness without either of them.

There was silence for a time.

“So should I use the corpse or…”

Ch 10

4 Likes

accurate

6 Likes
You had to cut from honey under threat of a gun blast

Now I wonder where everyone involved with that has got to :thinking:

Y’know what, I agree. It doesn’t feel right for Diero to be without a revolver.

Breakin’ people’s heads long after they’ve been broken

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/935989994735169546/1081985975292534824/trim.CC9CA9B8-D43C-4FDA-9621-346AD789A186.mov

Well keep in mind that Dreamers are relatively new in the world as well as unknown. Plus, Ghid wasn’t familiar with the eye flame physics until he accidentally extinguished Diero’s, even though he had been making Dreamers in secret.

I’m worried I’m gonna give you too much to go off of smh

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/935989994735169546/1082542552483377182/Counter_point.mov

moderators, this is what is known in the internet as a ‘meme’ and a ‘funny’. it is not meant to be serious nor is it meant to be taken in any serious way.

honestly wall jumping in Super Metroid has always been a royal pain so if it’s worse in the NSO version then I have no issue skipping it this time :taiwan:

oh I explained that in chapter something or other

Impressive, very nice

4 Likes

ah yes, very nice new chapter. Neat that no one appeared

3 Likes