The Book of Tears | ARMAGHIDDON

That’s assuming I have one

Nah I’m sure I’ll be Tott-ally fine

7 Likes

Nota, please don’t BoT-tle up your feelings

5 Likes

You guys Yuo-sually are pretty good with puns, but this is downright terrible!

5 Likes

Well personally I con-cider these puns a to be satis-factory

4 Likes

They seem kinda BoR-ing to me

1 Like

Bruh wrong topic for that. Ofc now’s when the dementia actually kicks in.

I have remained caught up and am very much looking forward to whenever that totes cool Ai guy spews his next line of verbal nonsense.

6 Likes

ghid we’re still waiting for an explanation of chapter whatever it was I forgot but it’s the one that had n01 of book of ramblings

edit: it was twelve

5 Likes

Newly uncovered footage of Ghid writing the dialogue from chapter 12 of bor (stop looking, there are no lore implications)

6 Likes

if you zoom and enhance ghid’s face in that photo, in the deep recesses of his skin pores you can just make out the words “get trolled”. My team and I have yet to understand what this means.

7 Likes

Ch 8

Chapter 9

Your friends just get better and better.” Winger whispered in Cordax’s direction.

‘Friend’ is a bit of a stretch with this one.” Cordax replied. “I’ve known him for, like, a couple hours maybe?”

“Oh, come on!” The cloud of specks flew about the room. “Not one question as to how I’m doing? No speculation as to how I survived? Nobody? Surely somebody cares about me, right?”

“Shut up waffle house nobody asked you.” The specks dismissed the tentatively raised hand of the Maestro de Gofres. “OKay, so nobody cares about poor Wild. Cool, great, fantastic. No tears shed over me fighting Monopoly, or getting dogpiled by Cordax’s extended family, or getting blown up in a nuclear reactor and dying. It’s fine, it’s just Wild, why should we care about him?” The cloud circled above the party, as if looking at the ceiling in dismay. “Surely he can’t feel pain, he’s just an insignificant speck, he’s nothing important, why bother considering how HE feels about getting nuked?

Sorry, he gets like this.” Gofers murmured behind his bony hand. “Look, can you cry yourself to sleep after we entertain our guests? They kind of need help-”

“Wait, you got nuked??” Cordax stared, the cloud stopping its spiral of despair and floating back down. “I had no idea-”

“Of course you wouldn’t, cheese face, you only ruined everything by unlocking that stupid skeleton and destroying the laws of physics, ok thanks a lot Cordax, some help you were-”

“Excuse me, I was being extremely traumatized!” Cordax sunk his head back into his collar. “Besides, Monopoly betrayed everyone, so why does it even matter what happened? The whole factory’s been destroyed regardless of what occurred in it.”

“Oh come on, that dome was meant to handle nuclear blasts, and there’s no way it was that structurally unsound-”

“Renner’s Dreamer teleported it away.” Winger sat down on the dingy couch. “I assume it got taken off-planet. Gosh, how is anything I’m saying a remotely normal thing? I-” He broke out a sputtering chuckle. “I’m, I’m talking to the contents of a neon sign in a sewer system while invincible skeletons are busy fighting THE SUN.

“I just- I can’t- I really can’t.” Winger rested his arms on his knees and gripped the sides of his helmet, getting a fantastic view of the floor. “Gosh, I’ve been trying so hard to be the normal one here, not that it’s hard with you freaks setting the bar so low-”

“Heyyy.” Cordax scowled. “Just because I’m short-”

“Give midlife crisis here a minute, would you?” The wild cloud flew down between Winger and Cordax. “Now I’ve simply got to get caught up to speed on what’s been going on, and you seem like the perfect witness of events to do that.” It ushered Cordax into some dark hallway, and before long he could be heard making sound effects to describe the events that transpired.

“Is he gone?” Another voice spoke. Winger, who was busy trying not to lose his will to live, gave in to his good-natured instinct to try and help someone who may possibly be in need. A small orange light could be seen flashing in the corner of the room, coming from a defunct projector which appeared to have been modified with replacement parts from another model.

“The cloud’s gone, yes.” Gofers replied, tentatively holding out a hand for Racie to lean on, who was trying to make it clear she didn’t want to.

“I was referring to him.” The orange light glowed and projected a small hologram into the room, which shifted in form for a moment before portraying an emaciated corpse. It had barely any muscle, withered grey skin, a shock of white hair plastered to its scalp, and was so small it made Cordax look big. A blue child’s coat was wrapped snugly around the body, and remained the only portion unchanged by the sudden shift in visuals which de-aged the corpse back into what it presumably would have been.

Winger stared at the facsimile of a person which the AI had constructed, with skin akin to Cordax’s - artificial, plastic-like and occasionally reflective. The cartoonish face it protected was now drowning in waves of white hair, and the small coat was a much more snug fit than it had been before.

“And???”

“…And… What?”

“Dude, you can’t just reconstruct a dead body in front of everyone here and then pretend the conversation continues.” Winger gestured at the hologram in desperation. “Did you have a point to this?”

“Uhh,” The AI’s hologram looked about in vaguely veiled concern. “Honestly, I didn’t really think about the social aspect of it until just now, uh. Sorry, lemme start this over.” The hologram disappeared and reappeared as the decayed cadaver. “Hi, nice to meet you, what’s your name?”

“Hey uhh,” The cloud of wild sparks reappeared suddenly from the darkness. “cheese face just fell down the hole. Uh, I can’t carry him up as I am, so if someone could assist that would be dandy, and oh my gosh dude I thought I told you to stop using the corpse version of that.”

“But you said recognizability was key to rebuilding a friendly relationship once lost but now restored!” The AI protested.

“I also said if you reintroduce yourself to velveeta peepers as a rotting husk maybe he wouldn’t be so inclined to resume that friendship, now would he?” the wild cloud replied. “Now get your rears in gear; I thought I heard noises down there.”

“Let’s move.” Winger sighed, forcing himself up off the couch and motioning the Maestro de Gofres to follow. Racie had no means to keep up, and AI had no means to move whatsoever, so the party advanced into the darkness without either of them.

There was silence for a time.

“So should I use the corpse or…”

Ch 10

4 Likes

accurate

6 Likes
You had to cut from honey under threat of a gun blast

Now I wonder where everyone involved with that has got to :thinking:

Y’know what, I agree. It doesn’t feel right for Diero to be without a revolver.

Breakin’ people’s heads long after they’ve been broken

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/935989994735169546/1081985975292534824/trim.CC9CA9B8-D43C-4FDA-9621-346AD789A186.mov

Well keep in mind that Dreamers are relatively new in the world as well as unknown. Plus, Ghid wasn’t familiar with the eye flame physics until he accidentally extinguished Diero’s, even though he had been making Dreamers in secret.

I’m worried I’m gonna give you too much to go off of smh

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/935989994735169546/1082542552483377182/Counter_point.mov

moderators, this is what is known in the internet as a ‘meme’ and a ‘funny’. it is not meant to be serious nor is it meant to be taken in any serious way.

honestly wall jumping in Super Metroid has always been a royal pain so if it’s worse in the NSO version then I have no issue skipping it this time :taiwan:

oh I explained that in chapter something or other

Impressive, very nice

4 Likes

ah yes, very nice new chapter. Neat that no one appeared

3 Likes

Yes, I too enjoyed the implied 5 hours of silence in a room devoid of any life.

5 Likes
When I had a cut from Honey that’s another check I’m gonna cash

After a thorough investigation my team of professional theorisers and I have come to the conclusion that this character might be a reference to the TTV Message Boards user @wild_toa

He was one of my favourite characters in BoR, so I’m glad that he’s finally back in this one. Just as angry as before.

Bruh I don’t remember what this is referring to… it’s bean almost two years since I last touched BoR :skull:

My wild guess that pun was unintentional I promise would be that he’s talking about Eilrach, cuz Cordax released him, which makes him Cordax’s extended family or something idk

It’s nice that characters like Winger exist in the book. He’s essentially the only normal, adequate person in this whole circus of people at various levels of unhinged, which makes him easy to sympathise with.
I would‘ve wanted to say the same about Racie, but I think you know how I feel about her characterisation in this book
spoiler: it hasn’t gotten better

I’ve got a bit of a gripe here. The way this is written makes it seem like the “him” is referring to the person shown in the hologram, which obviously makes zero sense. It look me several rereads to deduct that it was actually referring to Cordax.

Speaking of the person shown in the hologram,

This AI showing the hologram is N01, I think that’s clear. We already know that in this world corpses of dead people can be used to create AIs, so clearly someone must have taken N01’s corpse from the cider factory presumably before the events of BoD and turned him into an AI.
But there’s one thing that doesn’t quite add up. Somewhere in the middle of BoT Tott and the party met an AI that served as the fighting ring for Gofres. I thought that there were many hints about it being N01, but the characterisations of it and the one from the latest chapter are completely different, so they can’t be the same person. Their personalities are completely different, and the one from BoT talked about not knowing who its basis had been, but this one is clearly aware about its past and Cordax, yet they both have connections to the foolish corpse.

So, does this mean that the fighting ring AI from BoT was not N01?

I’ve watched enough horror movies to know that something like this never goes well

I have some theories on who that might be: it’s either Tarnish who escaped from Renner, or Jethryn, cobalt and Axelford who got separated from everyone else when the ship crashed.

Man you’re giving me and my theorising capabilities too much credit smh smh

He’s just like me fr fr

Man why is this N01 guy so relatable

Not many know this, but the person sitting next to Ghid in the recording is actually Ghid’s son Wugner

Oh, by the way, I drew an airhead the other day.
This and the drawing of Monopoly from a few weeks ago are definitely not the start of a series of drawings or anything, no no no

look Ghid the face is not anime for once

10 Likes

There’s a joke here.

4 Likes

who summons me from my lurking depths?
I still havent gotten caught up yet, gimme a bit

why would you when Im not around?

4 Likes
You're coming last, number one is Jimmy

His character was a bit all over the place in BoR, so hopefully this book will have one a little more refined

He’s mostly talking about the Ghid Dreamers-to-be being ugly :uk:

I’ll have to try harder

I mean uh that’s cool I guess

how long til that goes on the ooc topic

Holograms typically aren’t portrayed as fully opaque, it’s true

Lifetime comedy award 54, and many more to come

Different personalities, different characterizations, what could it…?

uh I mean, I cannot confirm or deny allegations of anything ever.

darn right you have :triumph:

man he lookin how I feel rn :deaf_man:

Really nice art, recontextualizes how I’m gonna see Renner from now on lol

3 Likes

Ch 9

Chapter 10

There was the sound of gunfire for a moment.

The officer spun around to face the darkness, firing off two shots while the skeletons dogpiled the shadows. Renner ignored the commotion as his focus was set on reviving his Dreamer, who revived immediately after having the bag ripped off his face.

I’m joking of course, he did nothing.

“Come on!” Renner stomped the ground, looking hastily about for something to write on. An overflowing trashcan caught his eye, but as he began to move towards it, one of the yellow-eyed Dreamers flew over his head and careened into it.

He turned around in time to greet the massive silhouette of agent Bird, who was effortlessly restraining another Dreamer in spite of its repeated blows. “Hi.” He threw the Dreamer over another couple rooftops. “I don’t think we’ve properly met. Were you on that flying boat?”

“I was.” Renner replied, his body language making it painfully clear he didn’t trust officer Bird. “Where’s that snappy friend of yours? Did the tower get him?”

“No, oh but you shouldn’t bring that up with him.” Bird recoiled and raised a finger to the mouth of his mask. “He broke his arm diving out of it at the last moment, and this whole mind control thing has got him riled up.”

As if on queue, the black-armored Pakari-wearing member of Volume’s personal guard, Pakari, struggled over one of the rooftops. “Couldn’t restrain him, had to put him away.” His voice was strained and weary, and seemed to Renner to bear a great load of grief which hadn’t been there before. “Alright you, get your hands up. I don’t care about your motives, you’re not going anywhere.”

“How did you handle those Dreamers so easily?” Renner inquired, his hands slowly beginning to rise.

“It’s called permafuse armor.” Bird pointed at his palm, which much like the rest of him was thoroughly covered in grey woven plates of some plastic-esqe material. “It seems to repel these skeleton things, ‘Dreamers’, fairly well. Don’t know how, but I’m glad it does, right? Sorry.” He sulked back at the vicious glare of Pakari.

“Right, well, that’s cute,” Renner tensed, having traced on the ground with his heel during the deep lore. “But I’m kind of in a rush. Sorry, but I’ve gotta go!” The armor across his body doubled down on itself as Pakari fired a shot at his head, which bounced off as the miracle metal multiplied its density.

Grabbing Diero’s head, the quicksilver quibbler mashed it into the asphalt, its teeth digging into the cold ground below. Bird had descended the rooftop and reached to restrain him, but was repelled by the vicious cowhide heel of one flaming, furious deadsperado, his mouth full of freeway ingredients, who sent the oversized officer reeling backwards from the force of the blow. Another attempted approach resulted in a cratered wall and a dazed Bird, holding one hand up to prevent the dumpster Diero had lifted from striking him again.

Renner stood, grinning smugly at the efficiency of his bodyguard, when an unseen tackle from Pakari rolled him into the shadow of the building. “Tell your friend to keep quiet.” Pakari whispered, his gun against the side of Renner’s neck. “And to stay that way.”

Diero’s questioning glance was answered with a nod from his chromed cohort, and the deceased dimwit retreated into the corner Bird occupied, setting the dumpster down with a gentle tap. Slim figures appeared silhouetted of the rooftops as behind them hovered a distant helicopter, its lights sweeping the ground below.

“We’ve got to locate them!” A voice was heard, and a growl of frustration was given in reply from very close to Renner. “This city’s like a maze. They could be on the other side of the ridge by now!”

The officer who had spoken hopped down into the alleyway, oblivious of the hidden party. “Look, that gunfire could’ve been a misfire from one of the officers on duty, or a hundred other things. It’d be a huge benefit to us if these things could relay any information they may have seen.” He gestured to one of the silhouettes, which stepped forward and revealed itself to be one of the rampant Dreamers.

“Get the rest of your group, start looking in the buildings to the south of here. If we can build a wall to sweep, we can push them to the furthest corner of the city - if they’re still here.” He turned to ascend the roof again, and looked back at the motionless Dreamers. “Oh, right… Uh, Zippy commands you to follow that officer’s input.”

At once all the Dreamers turned and descended towards where the first voice had come from. It was no less than a full minute before Pakari stopped tensing, and that moment was enough for Renner to break his grip and roll away. The dumpster went flying over his head and into the corner where Pakari lay, but Bird’s long arm caught up to it before it collided with him.

Skidding to a halt, Bird swung the dumpster back around and clubbed Diero with it, smashing him into the same wall he had been in a moment prior. Renner, who had backpedaled to avoid a similar fate as his bony bodyguard, sunk further into the darkness and disappeared from view, prompting the waste-wielding enforcer to approach his hiding spot.

Pakari was suddenly caught by the throat and thrown into his associate’s backside. The pair were up on their feet in a moment, but there was no one there. Diero had silently slipped away during the search for Renner, and the officers were left with an empty alleyway, which now echoed the distant sounds of conflict across the city.

It was a solid three minutes before Diero spoke up . “Boss, you had that the whole time and didn’t use it?”

“Eh.” Renner shrugged, the armor unfolding off his face and turning visible once more. “All of this armor is powered by whatever I want it to be. There’s a finite amount of it, but it can become whatever I want it to. And that’s why we’re back here.”

I quit looking for a brief moment. The card was here, slowly approaching in the atmosphere of this peculiar planetary body. With thousands of eyes observing the card, every angle, every reflection of light off its surface. I reached out to intercept it, then I

then…

The card crawled towards my extended fingers. This mechanical host would not last forever, but the Dreamers could. I could live forever. Here, on the moon, in perfect solitude. All I had to do was leave one Dreamer behind.

Diero watched as his boss ascended very slowly into the air. “Hey, ths is a bad time, but I was curious when you were planning to reset your Dreams and stuff.”

“Oh yeah,” Renner’s ascent stopped. “Here, hand me a rock, I’ll just write the-”

There was a terrible crashing noise all around them. Rubble peacefully living its best life exploded for no good reason as matter which had no good reason to be there suddenly forced its way into existence. The ruins of the tower were now pitted with holes that only a moment ago had been rather solid indeed.

Diero growled and reached for a revolver that wasn’t there. Renner’s armor shifted into a more defensive configuration. All across the dark night-smothered remains, thousands of orange lights suddenly glowed.

“Hi.”

Ch 11

6 Likes

oooh a new chapter

fun

1 Like