The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

I have another MOC that I’ve been thinking about submitting, but it’s not one that I want to modify, so I’m checking if he fits the bill in his current state:
Would you consider Tarduk’s helmet a viable head? I’ve always thought it looked like a mask, but I wanted official opinion.

I have Makuta Lomois finished. I’ll post him soon.

@Timeline15

Any kind of one piece headwear should be ok - except perhaps Barraki heads, Skakdi spines or the Mistika Makuta heads. Shall I put you on the list for another male Makuta then?

Updated list is in post 586
Rules can be found in post 586 and additions in post 1

Yeah, sure. I should be able to upload him today or tomorrow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, MOC posted, page is here:

And here he is.

1 Like

@Sammythekat

I saw what you wrote in Makuta Reppirax’s topic. @Sciencegiraffe changed that part, though, so there isn’t any need for such a Makuta.
But if you need some ideas regarding a backstory that gives you an idea of how to make the Makuta look (if you want to do a whole different one and not just redo Zurel) here are some ideas:

• Makuta Chasnon (you can find his backstory in post 334)
  • a Makuta that shunned his inner darkness and became a Makuta of Light (somewhat like in the Melding Alternate Universe), but was killed because of … reasons even prior to the war with the League of Six Kingdoms by his brethren (white and gold colour scheme is obligatory on this one - especially a golden mask in my opinion, but white is ok, too)
  • a Makuta who specialized on creating sentient plants - creator of the Daikau
  • a Makuta who specialized on creating crablike Rahi (more about that in post 496 and the following ones)
  • a Makuta who was something like the security chief of Destral (as far as I remember there isn’t someone like this yet)

Does this help you?

1 Like

Yea, I’ll go for the 2nd option. I’ll get to work on the 21st, when I return to my collection.

If you want I can change it back though, in case you still want your Makuta to tie in to Reppirax’s story.

Nah, it’s ok

I was just saying, if the issue wasn’t resolved, I would make a makuta to fix that.

I was thinking, once all of this was finished, if I could make a video about everything that’s been created. It would essentially be a recorded version of @Gilahu’s book on the Brotherhood. Just a neat tribute to all y’all’s creativity :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yea, I can get new pics for that. Haven’t taken apart Sachel yet (Just changed his neck color.)

@Leoxandar

Well, I definitely approve. Spreading word of a complete Brotherhood of Makuta is something I wanted to do right from when I started this project anyway ;).

It might take a while until the Book of the Brotherhood is finished, though. I’m presently pretty caught up in other stuff and can just manage to do a drawing once in a while. And it wil probably stay more or less that way until I’ve written all my exams by the end of July.

EDIT:
@Rac
So, as it turns out I am working on the drawings quite much presently. Just wanted to do Uloki, so I had a look at the MOC again and … well, he is accepted and everything, but perhaps you might want to work a little on him/redo him? I’m sure you can make him look much better. I’ll wait with the drawing until then and continue now with drawing Zhun.

1 Like

sorry couldn’t find my photo back ground and was also at summer camp.

Well, I could, but I won’t be able to for the next two weeks. Is that all right?

@Rac

Sure. This project probably won’t be finished that soon. And I also have enough Makuta left to draw until then :wink:

Ok, it’s time for the reminders again. These are just reminders so you don’t forget (at least if I don’t say something else in addition). There’s still no time restriction. But it would be great if you could also give me feedback in terms of if you are still going to participate, how things are going along, etc.

Oh, and I’ll also add some more rule suggestions in terms of MOC backstory below, which you can discuss. Depending on how that discussion ends I will add them to the rules for this project or not.

Simple reminder:
@Nogus101, @TheMoltenKing, @Kardax, @pizzacheetah, @ToaTeramur, @darkbrick999, @Overlord, @h1vem1nd, @RedHoodieReveiwer, @mravacadomonkey, @E44, @Ekorak, @LurkingEhlek, @The_Wanderer, @Gringat, @JordanWill, @kanohippy, @Aegyptiacus, @Whovian41110

In terms of not accepted MOCs:
@Silver_Falcon: Falkin will be accepted as soon as your other Makuta MOC is.

@AdamusTheFirst: Vulon and Fenerak will be accpeted as soon as they have a backstory and Adrion is done and accepted.

@Cyclopian: Rerekei will get accepted as soon as you fix the “Makuta look” issue - which is mostly a problem of the used head.

@Sammythekat: Either redo Zurel or do the other Makuta we talked about. Once you have done either of these and the MOC gets accepted I’ll righten things on the list.

@EvilLobsterKing: Well, you’ve about four months left, then you hvae failed to upload Vamprah for a year. Uh… You sure you’ll manage eventually?

And in terms of other stuff:
@TFM101: Don’t forget about Krika. :wink:

@Rac: Don’t forget about Uloki. :wink:

So, this should be it …

On to the new rule suggestions (@Toa_Heatwave, @21sselliW - since you’re helping me out a lot I thought I would point this out to you, too):

1) Makuta kill Makuta rule A:
This isn’t so much a suggestion than something I’ll add immediately to the rules, because this has been a rule all along and I just forgot to write it down:

Your Makuta isn’t allowed to kill another Makuta except if you do another Makuta MOC which is killed by the first one in its backstory. If so, tell me and that first MOC will get accepted as soon as the second one gets accepted, too.

Ok, the following rules are up to discussion:

2) Makuta kill Makuta rule B:
It is a popular way of killing your Makuta off, but I don’t like half of the Brotherhood dieing through the hands of the other half - we have enough of that in canon already. Which makes me suggest this:

Your Makuta isn’t allowed to die through the actions of another Makuta. Indirectly killed by another Makuta (like the Makuta in Karda Nui were by Teridax) is also not allowed. Exceptions are Makuta that die through “Makuta kill Makuta rule A” and maybe two other exceptions that are bound to a certain backstory - I’ll mention them below the rules on the list. Vamprah as a a canon Makuta also is an exception.

3) Toa kill Makuta rule:
The Toa codex forbids them to kill anyone. So far we have (at least) four Makuta that died under circumstances that involved Toa. Ok, Zaria is canon, but I feel like this is more than enough on that side, so:

Your Makuta isn’t allowed to die under circumstances that directly involve Toa.

4) Death through the Order of Mata Nui rule:
Anoter favorite. I have lost count of how many Makuta lost their lives to that organization (at least half a dozen), but I feel like it is enough. It’s a SECRET organization, they can’t have stayed secret by killing off members of the most powerful organization of the Matoran Universe all the time, so:

No more Makuta are allowed to have died through the hands of the Order of Mata Nui. The exception is Kojol, since he’s canon.

So, since these rules would limit the amount of possible and easily believable Makuta death sources quite some for those people who just want a simple backstory, of course I am always there to help out in that matter and will add a few suggestions below the rules on the list already.

Otherwise, that’s it for now.

4 Likes

I haven’t.

Only two days and I’ll have access to my parts again.:wink:

1 Like

I’m on it. It’s taken me a while to get all my boxes and things sorted out, but I haven’t forgotten. I now have a new MOCing station. :slight_smile:

Ah, also,
Raximoras’ death in the Cyclic Plane storyline was very much due to Teridax’s genocide. Will I need to come up with something different for the “canon” version?

1 Like

@Gringat

Well, these new rules aren’t binding yet, so since you told me already you could go along with it. However I would appreciate it if you alter Raximoras’ backstory at least that much so that he didn’t die because Teridax planned it in any way but rather because Raximoras made a fatal mistake (or something like that). So that his death would rather be “self-inflicted” than actually planned by Teridax. (Although this could have happened during a mission Teridax sent him on)