The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

Can I take the spot?

In theory yes, but Iā€™m gonna be honest - your recent mini scale versions of sets are pretty neat, but your past Technic/CCBS MOCs as far as I can see areā€¦ not that great.

Are you sure youā€™re up to building a Makuta MOC? You can definitely try if you want, I just wanted to point that out in advance.

2 Likes

If LegoDavid doesnā€™t qualify, Iā€™m eyeing the position againā€¦

3 Likes

I dropped out because Iā€™m not good at moccing

Look at some of the other entries

I neither of us can compare!

Watch out thereā€™s another one

Iā€™m in, and Iā€™ll do my best I can. Thanks for telling me though. I already have the idea of what I want to build, I just need time to be able to make it.

EDIT: @Gilahu, I want my Makuta to be assigned to a canon location, which one would you suggest?

@LegoDavid

Alright, Iā€™ll put you on the list. Make sure to read the rules if you havenā€™t already.

In terms of canon locations there are two types:
a) locations mentioned in canon from which we know exactly where they are - of these I fear all are assigned already
b) locations mentioned in some way in canon lore, but of which we donā€™t know exactly where they are and not much, if anything, about what was going on there.

Of the latter there is at least one left with some lore attached to it - the island with the Toa fortress where a team of Toa guarded the Makoki Stone. This would be the island of Tenai (name and location by RSG, see map).
I think I have a rough idea that could be used regarding that, but Iā€™ll have to check with RSG firstā€¦
Iā€™ll get back to you about it.

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

2 Likes

In the rules, it said that the MOC should only have kanohi. I originally planned on using Nokama Hordikaā€™s head (which is still technically a kanohi), is that still ok or should I change that?

The important thing is that it kinda looks like a Kanohi and in the backstory you make it a specific Kanohi, so Nokama Hordikaā€™s head is perfectly fine.

As to backstory regarding the island of Tenai, here are some points that would make sense to be included:

• Your Makuta built a fortress on a small island near Tenai
  • There were originally Matoran on Tenai
  • Your Makuta created the Rahi known as Frostelus
  • Something resulted in the Matoran having to leave Tenai (probably the Frostelus)
  • after your Makuta died, his fortress fell into disrepair and was eventually claimed by a group of Toa - this was at least 15,000 years before the Great Cataclysm

You can build around that.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

Dude. No need to be rude about it.

4 Likes

Whoops

Iā€™ll just delete that comment

@Gilahu

Well, after a 2+ year hiatus, I have logged on to the message boards again. Sorry about that.

As for Shornos, Iā€™ll go in and change his mask power. Give me a sec to figure that out.

Edit: He now has a Kanohi Skelnar, mask of possibilities. With mental focus it allows the user to see some possible futures, requiring more power the farther ahead he looks.

1 Like

@TBT_Emerald

The Mask of Possibilities is already on the banned mask list. However, in the meantime Shornos has been assigned an Urmukari, Mask of Scrambling which is basically a less powerful Mask of Mutation. The Urmukari is pretty much a Kanoka of Reconstitute at Random made into a mask. So this mask allows the wearer to temporarily transform beings or objects at random.

Also weekly reminders:

@Styrofoam, @StudentScissors - your Makuta backstories still need work.

Rules and list in post 1

Almost finished my Makuta:

What do I need to improve on?

4 Likes

I mean, he looks nice so far. Maybe tey to work more on the feet and the back. Try to clean them up.

1 Like

How should I do that?

Nothing comes into my mind, sorry.
Tho I am pretty sure he doesnā€™t need his pistons.

1 Like

Oh, oops. I guess I missed that one.

The feet are pretty messy and the back looksā€¦

Odd

1 Like

@LegoDavid

Yeah, looking good so far.

Hereā€™s what I can think of that could be improved:

1. Iā€™d maybe make the claw pieces of the horns point slightly upwards. I think that might look better from the front.

2. Personally I feel like the shoulder armor should cover the shoulders more. If I remember correctly, the left design here should do the trick. The right one might be an even better solution, but I actually donā€™t know if the armor piece fits on it.

1. Try doing a more custom build for the upper legs. Right now theyā€™re a little simple.

2. Those liftarms on the sides of the feet bother me, they really donā€™t look that good. Given the MOCā€™s size Iā€™d suggest only using those pistons if you can figure out a way to incorporate them better.

3. Itā€™s hard to tell, but it seems like the axle of the Rahkshi foot as well as the upper pinhole arenā€™t yet used for anything. Iā€™d suggest thinking about adding something there, if you can, something in silver. Donā€™t make it too large or stick out too much, though.

Thatā€™s all I can currently think about. I think this will turn out pretty well.

Rules and list in post 1

7 Likes