The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

@Sammythekat

You can use any mask you like.
You just have to say in the backstory that it is a different mask than an Avsa. (And also no mask that is “shaped like an Avsa”)

Updated list is in post 586
Rules can be found in post 586 and additions in post 1

@Gilahu I’ve barely started on my next Makuta, but I do plan on making him my primary project once I finish the one I’m currently working on, which should be soon. Hopefully.

1 Like

He’s all finished and photographed already, I just have to finish his backstory.

1 Like

I agree with this. If need be, you can always say the other Makuta assumed that Zhun was the culprit, but even Zhun can only explain away so much.

This is also a good rule. There’s a ton of other species out there, you don’t need to have Toa do everything.
UNLESS it’s a situation where the Toa have no choice. The Toa Code doesn’t say “No killing” it says “No killing if there is another choice”.
But there’s probably very few instances where that can apply. There is almost always another choice.

This is the only one I disagree with. It really does make sense for the Brotherhood, and gives them the effect of being a bunch of powerful beings who seek more power, battling for the best, until ultimately, Teridax wins the fight. (Okay, so there was still Miserix, but you get the point)

I mean, sure, some of the Makuta are just Rahi makers, but as we see from the fact that they all sided with Teridax, they clearly changed at some point.

Plus, it makes the most sense for a Makuta, one of the universe’s most powerful beings, to be most often killed by a being of equal power, a la another Makuta. A David and Goliath Story is always great, but in reality, the most powerful usually wins.

That’s my two cents.

~W12~

3 Likes

@21sselliW

About the Toa rule:
Well, this rule wouldn’t forbid Toa to TRY kill a Makuta - they just wouldn’t achieve this.

About Makuta kill Makuta rule B:
You have a good point there. Actually a very good point. Although if I don’t add that rule I will probably have to add a list of Makuta (both canon and not) who are likely to have killed others, in my opinion. I feel like Gorast is responsibe for quite enough deaths already for example.

1 Like

I like to think the Makuta have a very Sith-like culture in terms of their politics. People constantly plotting against each other for power, with a sort of “you keep what you kill” rule in place, where survival of the fittest is practiced to a degree. The Makuta have always reminded me of the Sith from the Old Republic (specifically the Galactic Cold War), which is why in my story serial I go for a more SWTOR approach to the story, with the Makuta being in a full-on war with the Toa that lasts many years, because it really opens up possibilities for the Toa to show their Jedi nature, and the Makuta to show their Sith nature. That’s why Makuta killing each other doesn’t bother me so much, even though I think it really should only be acceptable if you make both the killer and the killed as MOCs, personally.

2 Likes

I haven’t forgotten but I’ve just been so busy with exams and school expeditions, expect mine to come in the summer, I have a few concept ideas and I can tell you that my Makuta will be blue (The most amazing progress :smiley:).

2 Likes

Sorry about this, but I got a little caught up with the beginning of summer and family issues. Anyway, I will attempt to finish the backstory and post it along with pictures of the MOC within the next week. If I am unable to do this, however, I will not be completing this project, and should that happen, you may remove my name (and shale) from the list. I will let you know either way.

1 Like

I won’t say tomorrow, or next week, but events may be about to be set into motion, that will allow me to get it done.

Before the end of the year, I promise (Which means nothing at this point (But trust me anyway))…

1 Like

@JordanWill

I’m just posting these reminders on a regular basis every three months to keep people from forgetting about this project. This doesn’t mean you have to hurry up (although of course it would be great if you manage it within next week).
Should you need any help with the backstory - just ask!

Actually, I could use a little help with that, not really sure where to start. I had something a while ago, but I can’t remember it. Do you have any ideas for a story base?

@JordanWill

Well, I recently added some basic ideas to post 586, so you could have a look there. If none of them is to your liking, you could tell me a bit about what you roughly have in mind and we can work on something else.

I finished Kohuru: Makuta Kohuru (Brotherhood of Makuta Community Project)
Also, I changed his story, so you can put Manguopo in the Book of the Brotherhood.

@darkbrick999

Uh… I can’t find any changes in Manguopo’s backstory…?

I will also add a new general rule to the list - about picture quality, just in case. (because some already accepted MOCs do quite irk me with their picture quality now that I look at them again)

No, I meant that I changed the backstory I had planned to give Kohuru. It was originally going to intertwine with Manguopo’s, but I changed it so I wouldn’t have to edit Manguopo’s

Will do soon as I can.

1 Like

Well, I’ve finished Uloki 2.0.
At 2:00 in the mourning.
I’ll post him tomorrow. Get hyped. Or don’t. It doesn’t make sure difference.

3 Likes

@darkbrick999

So this means Manguopo’s backstory will stay as it is?

I will also add a new general rule to the list - about picture quality, just in case. (because some already accepted MOCs do quite irk me with their picture quality now that I look at them again)

Indeed.

1 Like

I have a makuta Moc already made, but it is primarily black and dark gold. It is also slightly below Titan size. Is this alright?