The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

Is this better?

1 Like

@Cyclopian

Aside from the picture being upside downā€¦

Yup, that head works.
I feel like the MOC is lacking something, though. Perhaps a simple cape/cloak would alrady help there.

Anyways you have until the end of the month to make Rerekei look as good as possible.

@Aegyptiacus

Remember that I would like your female Makuta MOC finished by the end of the month, too. If somehow you simply canā€™t manage that, however, I would be fine with seeing a WIP of it, and if it looks really good I would be willing to give you more time.

Updated list is in post 829
Rules can be found in post 829 and additions in post 1

Alright, Iā€™ll see what else I can do.

1 Like

I would love to enter a mukuta in this. But all of the three I have made so far a, break a rule in some way.

And I do not have the time to create a new character with a back story eithet

2 Likes

Just throw together a dragon :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Which rules would they break in your opinion?

2 Likes

I redid her shoulders and changed the torso around a bit.

2 Likes

Raxy now has upper legs. Sorry itā€™s taking so long ^^;

1 Like

@Cyclopian

Yes, those new upper arms definitely give her a more interesting look.
Create a new topic for Rerekei whenever you feel like the MOC is as perfect as you can make it.

New information!

I think I already said somewhere in this topic that I would really like to actually have 100 Makuta MOCs on display. Well, designing 100 MOCs myself would have been a prettyā€¦ time consuming process, to say the least. Itā€™s much easier to look at other peopleā€™s MOCs, take the key aspects, and build a MOC around that.

Why am I telling you this?

Well, today I decided it was time again for some MOCing and once I had a Kualsi in hand I immediately knew what to doā€¦

My personal revamp of @ToaPandaā€™s Makuta Irutra will only be the beginning, though, as over time Iā€™m going to revamp every Makuta MOC entered into this project (except maybe for non-mutated canon Makuta and Krika) in my (as I like to call it) G1-style and post them on the message boards (of course with reference to the original MOC and builder).
That should keep me busy over the nextā€¦ decade? And will probably cost me a small fortune in Bricklink ordersā€¦

Anyways, hereā€™s a first glimpse at my WIP of Makuta Irutra:

Except for the hands and maybe the wings I consider him finished right now - Iā€™ll also have to replace the miscoloured parts, though. Donā€™t expect the finished version before January.
And Iā€™m not quite sure if maybe Irutra turned out a little small compared to my other Makuta MOCsā€¦

Hereā€™s the original MOC by @ToaPanda for comparison:

4 Likes

I will.

are you wanting an early death?

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking, and I want to make another Makuta, but I have some questions.

Can this Makuta wear/create/temporarily use the Mask of Undeath?

Can this Makuta use the Spear of Fusion, resulting in itā€™s location prior Vezon?

Can this Makuta be a maskmaker/mask expirimenter?

Those are the questions. Iā€™m trying to make a 10/10 backstory, to parter along with a moc I made.

2 Likes

looking sharp!

1 Like

^this

1 Like

Any slots left for a female Makuta?

1 Like

I donā€™t think thereā€™s any left, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Drat, I finally built one recently.

Oh well.

@MysteryMuffin

Yes.

No, since the Spear of Fusion already is involved in another Makutaā€™s backstory.

Yes.

So, shall I put you on the list for another male Makuta?

@Chronicler

Currently not, sorry.

1 Like

Soā€¦ I made this thing:

Iā€™ll make another Makuta.