The Cat

23 Likes

Why the long face?

how did he kill both velika and @goodguy2006 where did he get this power

10 Likes

This is a very nice MOC! It captures the shape and appearance of a cat very well.

3 Likes

good kitty

4 Likes

I love the cat

6 Likes

Why the–

Dangit ghid, now i have to make a creative comment. Rac doesnt pay me enough for that.

That face is brilliant, would make a nice tribal mask. I am curious how the ears stay up though.

7 Likes

The ears are a single piece, and although the tan pins do lack friction ridges, they do possess enough friction to hold up the bohrok eyes on their own, especially with the hand connector there as support in the slizer frame itself ( with the axle hole filled, there’s less comfort room for the pins to flop about as they please due to the holes being ever so slightly constrained - is my guess).

4 Likes

The ears on their own are not really that stable, I got so frustrated with them flopping down that I actually wrapped a thin layer of tape around the pins since I wasn’t going to give this good boi blue eyes, as very few cats have blue eyes and it makes me angry when I see cat products with obviously photoshopped blue eyes like most cats have greenish-gold eyes and it’s a beautiful colour whatisthisfixationwithblueeyesImeanIhaveblueeyesbutthereareothercoloursmycat’seyesdon’tneedtomatchmine.

By the way, this is probably the only time you will ever see me build something where I, by choice, orient any pin so that its notches are vertical. Every single thing I build has horizontal pins as much as possible.

5 Likes

That’s some pretty clever parts usage for the head

Overall I quite like the simple, largely-technic nature of the moc. Gives it a nice early Bionicle vibe, and the color scheme is neat as well. cool build

3 Likes

Thank you for the praise. I didn’t plan on making The Cat, I just started building, wanting to do something with the singular orange Bohrok skull I had (which I just noticed is barely visible in the photos) and it kinda just became a cat at some point.

This is similar to another MOC I’ve yet to post about where I started with a long skinny torso and at some point it just kinda turned into a plane and I don’t remember ever thinking to myself “this character should be a plane.”

3 Likes

why did he kill me :cry:

6 Likes

Velika called him a dog and you happened to be standing nearby…

5 Likes

It’s a very creative build, particularly the face, but gosh, that same face is horrifying. =P

4 Likes

I want to “Psh Psh Psh” the cat

3 Likes

Vahlix is not responsible for what may befall anyone who approaches The Cat.

4 Likes