The CCBS Topic

@Political_Nuju Well glad to see someone at least tolerates my opinion =P

[quote=“Political_Nuju, post:57, topic:3354”] …they can mix together quite well if you have the skill.
[/quote]

Keywords here, if you have the skill. I don’t mean to say that nobody is skilled, because skill is such a broad term when it comes to MOCcing, but a lot of people don’t have the skills necessary to mix the two successfully. Not saying nobody does, but just a lot of people don’t.

2 Likes

That doesn’t validate anything though. Just because a lot of people don’t have the skills necessary to play basketball doesn’t make the sport itself inferior/superior to others.

Also, after further looking into this whole topic, I believe the reason why a debate erupted here is because you forgot to use the phrase “I think/I don’t think” before some of the points you made in the first post. That probably would’ve helped make it seem like you were simply stating an opinion and ease the tension over what’s fact and what isn’t.

12 Likes

This is exactly what I’ve been thinking

1 Like

I agree with Ven’s point on this. I know a lot of people who just can’t paint a picture for the life of them, but that doesn’t mean painting isn’t a valid or good art style. It, like CCBS, is just another medium with which you can express yourself. And remember, there is a lot of inika builds that look terrible, and there are others that try to bridge inika and the original Technic that also look terrible. These people didn’t have “the skill” to properly fuse the two styles, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t use the inika build creatively, or that there’s a problem with it.

If I remember right, people were having this same debate over the inika build. And while the inika build did have some flaws people deemed “too large,” such as the way the majority of the community built with it, (Basically what you’re saying about being unable to use it “creatively.”) we stuck with it, and now would you say that the inika system doesn’t leave room for parts to be used creatively?

To your first point, we do tolerate your opinion, I’m just trying to have a lively debate, and I apologize again for how insensitive my last post was.

7 Likes

Now, as I own precisely zero CCBS figures, my opinion probably doesn’t count for much, but just based on my impressions of it, I personally prefer the older style. (Specifically, the 1998-2005 style, though I can work with the Inika build as well) CCBS is, as some people have pointed out, apparently easier to work with, but I feel it takes the fun out of the building process. (though they appear to be fixing that with the new gearbox system)

I know this may not apply to all Lego fans, but I personally like the challenge in MOCing, and feel the simple CCBS system of “Skeleton, armor, addons” doesn’t really cultivate that. I will admit that CCBS pieces can be very helpful in certain spots, but I’d still prefer my builds to remain primarily technic oriented. It has a more detailed look, often allows you to get more detailed with your build, and in general presents more of a challenge, particularly with titan-style MOCs.

But that’s just my two cents, and perhaps my opinion will change once I’ve got my hands on the new Bionicle 2015 sets.

3 Likes

Can I assume you mean primarily Technic stuff? Because I have yet too find a builder who can primarily use some of the early BIONICLE pieces (torsos especially) and make something decent.

1 Like

Can I assume you mean primarily Technic stuff? Because I have yet too find a builder who can primarily use some of the early BIONICLE pieces (torsos especially) and make something decent.

Admittedly the Mata and Metru torsos are difficult to work with, but the Bohrok, Rahkshi, Vahki, and Hordika builds offer some fairly versatile pieces, and I’ve found the Throwbot/Slizer torso to actually be ridiculously helpful. Now again, I may have some bias since I primarily build on titan scale, but I feel the point stands.

1 Like

I should probably look into Throwbots sometime…

1 Like

Well, folks tend to cite the Bionicle system as better, be it the 98-05 or the 06-10, but really…

I know there are some that really only utulize armor type pieces from either, and basically restrict themselves to nondescript technic bits and other such things.

But I dunno. I’m not sure I’d say I have a preference honestly, but I maybe lean towards CCBS if only because the nondescript uniformity of the shells lends itself well to being a variety of stuff, but I suppose conncetion points are an issue.

And besides, people have used Bionicle pieces in ways not intended, so maybe that point’s invalid. I dunno.

4 Likes

And besides, people have used Bionicle pieces in ways not intended, so maybe that point’s invalid. I dunno.

I’d argue that trying to find unconventional uses for specialized pieces is half the fun! For example, I’ve found a way to use a Vahki head as waist armor on one of my Slizer revamps.

2 Likes

I use ccbs for all of my mocs because it is far more durable and is what I have available. No one system is better than the other, and ccbs is still fairly young. In my opinion, the new bionicle will bring ccbs to a whole new level. More so than it already has.

3 Likes

u kidding?
CCBS is now older then inika build ever was! :smiley:
I don’t have a problem with CCBS but I don’t think it will become any better…

2 Likes

Fun fact: I got Maethorneth to take back most of his complaints about CCBS by showing him this:

3 Likes

jeez… I wish I had 50 kilos of BIONICLE parts just to screw around with…

8 Likes

Preach it my friend, I as well hate CCBS

Why? not trying to get you to change your mind, but I would like to know your reasoning behind it

4 Likes

Not sure who this is in reply to?
the topic creator?
because he isnt really saying that ccbs is superior, or insuperior to anything

4 Likes

i dont see a problem … oh wait yes i do its bony not summer sets their like that i mean from the front you can see the arm piece like an axel going down unlike the inika(matoro yay) the visorak limb looked natrual and not like an axel, but im sure people like how it gives it that robot feel

This post makes absolutely no sense

7 Likes

I don’t understand either of these posts.

7 Likes