The cloaked stranger

I don’t know whether or not this is somewhat of a greedy request but can I be in the story? It’s actually really good, I like it.

I am not taking requests, but that doesn’t mean you won’t be in this story.

It’s a quality thing, really. I learned the hard way that if I try to have certain characters in a story for the sake of having those characters, the quality of the story drops.

That said, every named character will be someone from these boards, so it’s a possibility.

Ok that’s understandable, but thanks for the possibility!

1 Like

Greato, Wil. I can’t see any grammatically incorrect phrases so far, though you might not want to space out your phrases so far. It hurts the connection in paragraphs.

All right, another chapter! Now that I’m done with my test, I can work on stuff like this.

Feat @Vuhii, @Nyran, @noob1234, @Rockho, @Political_Slime, and a few other mods.

#Chapter 5: The beast

He shook his head, coming out of his thoughts back to the here and now, and glanced at the person in front of him. “What?” he said.

“I said, my name’s Noob, what’s yours?”

He shook his head. “I… I don’t know.”

“You don’t know?” Noob said, incredulous. “How do you not know you’re own name?”

“I… I’ve forgotten it,” He said. “I’ve forgotten a lot of things.”

“Well, I need to call you something,” Nood said. “Maybe Nick? No, I feel like it should be sharper… something that starts with a Z, or a–”

“V,” he said. “My name starts with a V.”

“Oh, cool,” Noob said. “What’s the rest of it?”

He shook his head, trying to remember, but it seemed like there was a black wall over his memories. Finally, he latched onto a name. He wasn’t sure if it was his name or not, but it sounded cool. “Call me Vuhii.”

“Vuhii, huh,” Noob said. “Great name. My friends and I are playing Kohlii. You want to join us?”

That was when Vuhii had first met Noob, shortly after showing up in Okonoro with no memory of who he was. Noob had been Vuhii’s first friend, and for a long time the only friend he knew. And if saving him meant working with a group of mysterious people he barely knew and going up against a group of Hunters, then that’s what Vuhii would do.

And then there was Rockho. Vuhii was surprised Rockho had come along. Rockho was not a reckless daredevil. Rockho knew all too well how often a mission to rescue those taken by the Hunters went wrong, and that they rarely if ever suceeded. Most often, the would-be rescuers became prisoners themselves.

But Rockho was also loyal to a fault. And Vuhii was glad to have him along, even if he’d never say so. Vuhii didn’t know what Nyran and his friends wanted, or if he could trust them, but he knew he could trust Rockho.

Nyran did not seem so happy that Rockho was there, but he hadn’t complained. In fact, he hadn’t said anything as he led Vuhii and Rockho back to the forest where Sly’s camp was.

Or where Sly’s camp used to be, anyway. When the three of them arrived, Vuhii recognized the area, but there was no sign that Sly or his camp had been there.

“He must’ve headed to the rendevous point early,” Nyran said. It was the first time he’d spoken since they’d left Valinor.

“Rendevous point?” Rockho said.

Nyran ignored him, glancing around, as if he was looking for something.

“Talkative guy, isn’t he?” Rockho said to Vuhii.

Nyran walked over to a spot in the former campsite, and bent down. Then, to Vuhii’s surprise, he actually picked up a section of the ground. Or so it appeared, anyway. As Nyran lifted it, Vuhii realized it was a small metal slab covered with dirt and small plants to give the illusion of being part of the ground.

Clever, Vuhii thought.

From the hole under the slab, Nyran retrieved a small piece of paper. He looked at it, then disapeared into space again. When he returned, the paper was gone, and Nyran started walking away. Confused, Vuhii followed him.

“What did you do with that paper?” Vuhii asked.

Nyran didn’t answer.

“What was it, anyway? A map to this rendevous point?”

Nyran said nothing.

Vuhii stopped walking. “Look, I know you want me for something, so either you start giving me some answers, or I can go rescue my friend on my own. I don’t need you.”

Nyran turned around. “Yes, that was a map to the rendevous point that Sly left for me. As for what I did with it, my powers are beyond your comprehension and none of your business.” Then Nyran turned and resumed walking.

“Well, you got one answer,” Rockho said. “So what if he doesn’t like to talk about his powers?”

“I just think he doesn’t like to talk at all,” Vuhii thought. But somehow, he felt it was more than that. Somthing was making Nyran angry or upset. Vuhii wondered what it could be.

As the trio traveled, Vuhii saw signs that a large group had traveled through here recently. It had to be the Hunters. Good. That meant they were on the right track. Then the trail abruptly stopped. Hunters always covered their tracks. Hence why no one had ever found their base.

Vuhii heard the camp before he saw it. Even before it came into view, Vuhii saw someone running to greet them, who he did not recognize.

“About time you got here, Nyran,” the stranger said. “Sly said you’d be here. Who are these guys?”

“This is Vuhii and a friend of his, Rockho,” Nyran said.

“Oh, you brought Vuhii?” the stranger said. “Great. I assume you want to talk to the council?”

“Yes,” Nyran said. “Have Vuhii’s friend do something productive.”

“Hey, either your name is Rockho, or Ny here just said my name,” Rockho said.

“No, I didn’t,” Nyran said, walking away.

Vuhii followed him to the camp. People were all around, bustling about, hurrying from place to place. Everyone looked like they were preparing for some kind of large battle.

But against what? There had been peace for years, with no invading armies except for the Hunters. The last war had been… before Vuhii had lost his memories, and he didn’t know much about history before that.

A large tent was set up within the camp. Nyran led Vuhii inside. Sly was there, along with a few others Vuhii didn’t recognize.

“I brought Vuhii, unharmed,” Nyran said.

“Glad to see you came back,” Sly said.

“Nyran here said you’d help me rescue my friends from the Hunters if I helped you,” Vuhii said. "It looks like you guys are preparing for a war, though, so can we rescue Noob first?

“We can achieve both,” another council member said. He appeared to be the leader of the council. “The war we are preparing for is against the Hunters.”

Vuhii started laughing for a long moment. Then he looked at the faces of the council members. “You’re serious,” he said. “Well, it was nice knowing you, brief as it was. Do you tink you can help me save my friend before you all get yourselves killed?”

“You seem to have immense faith in our fighting ability,” one council member said.

“I haven’t even seen you fight, but I’ve seen the Hunters,” Vuhii said. He began counting on his fingers. “One, they have as many numbers as you do, and they excel at fighting, beating even the toughest. Two, you don’t know where their base is, and three, do you know they have a huge monster or something there that they feed people to?”

“That beast is exactly why we need to stop them,” the head council member said. “I don’t know why they are raising this beast, but it can’t be for anything good.”

“You know this beast?” Vuhii said.

“That thing is not from this land,” Sly said. “We have been hunting it for years, trying to stop it. Then, it suddenly dissapeared. We had no idea what to do until we interrogated a Hunter and found out that they fed people to a large beast.”

“So, you couldn’t beat it before,” Vuhii said. “What makes you think you can now, when it’s stronger and there’s Mata Nui knows how many Hunters around it?”

“We assembled this army for the express purpose offighting the Hunters,” Sly said.

“I still don’t see where I fit in in all this,” Vuhii said.

“You play a very important role,” the leader said. “You have posed as a Hunter in the Past. You are the only person who has done that.”

“Only for a short time,” Vuhii said. “If I hadn’t left when I did, they would’ve figured me out. And I doubt anyone else is crazy enough to even try.”

“On the contrary, many of our people tried posing as Hunters,” the leader said. “They were exposed within a day. Do you know why you suceeded where others have failed?”

Sly stood up and smacked his hands on the table. “Now hold on! You can’t just go and tell him THAT! I can tell him the whole story–”

“Tell your stories later,” the leader said. “This is important.”

“I agree,” Nyran said. Vuhii had almost forgotten he was there. “He needs to know this.”

“What do I need to know?” Vuhii said.

The leader looked straight at Vuhii. “You were a hunter, Vuhii.”

to be continued.

#twistending

4 Likes

My character seems super edgy.

2 Likes

Great chapter! I love the development here!

Badda ba ba ba

i’m lovin it

(no but seriously this is amazing writing so far. Nyran acts like Nyran turned up to 11, and its great. :slight_smile: )

1 Like