The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

I’m already here” chimes Aldrich, who had been sitting in the bar (lifted there earlier by Fran) and was sipping wine from a glass. His body now wrapped in bandages instead of Fran’s plate.

Fran tries to gently put her hand on Reyna’s shoulder. “I’m not asking you to forget anything, all I want is for you to stop hurting yourself, a drive to fulfil your duty is admirable, but you mustn’t let it consume you. Lest you end up oh I dunno, covered in porcelain and having your legs replaced with prosthetics.”

“I certainly do,” Valerie noted. “For one thing, what horrendous spells does this Lord Bloodfang know? Can he resist the charm of Elven fiddling?”

“I can’t let myself forget this.” She says, holding back tears as her hands tremble slightly. “It’s all I had when I woke up. I can’t lose it, too.”

“Lose what? Come on you can tell me everything. I’m here for you, we all are.”

The true Power of the Eagle’s Constellation it is not given, it’s Earned…

You are not ready yet.

Once you are, you will know.

Amelia nods towards him. “Good.” She said.

Amelia was confused, how could she know? She wasn’t an all seer. She shrugged. “I don’t know. You may have to find that out yourself.” She said.

“It’s more like a mission.” She said. “And you assume right. I am the leader.”

1 Like

Ernesto tried to dodge the seemingly oncoming attacks, in his minds eye he saw a horrid creature composed of flaming straw, bound together by shackles of wicker and iron. A terrible golem obeying the mysterious whispers of another land.

She’s silent for a moment. “A few months ago, I…woke up. And that’s the farthest back I remember. From before that, all I have is this cloak, this bow, and my necklace. I’m lucky I eventually remembered my name…maybe. I’m not even sure on that. I can’t let myself forget how to use this, even a bit.” her grip on her bow tightens. “It’s all I have left of the old me, whoever she was.”

“Suppose it was a dumb question,” Valerie told herself.

“Yes, the quest my dear Candall talked about! Where do we head now?”

“I know that pain…the agony of losing yourself. I understand, but you can’t keep hurting yourself. Come on, let’s head inside, I’m sure the others are waiting for you.”

Reyna nods and puts her bow on her back. “Alright, let me pick up first.” she says, going to put away the targets.
“…Hey Fran?”

“Yes? Is something wrong?”

“…No.” she said. “I just wanted to thank you. For letting me vent, that is. I…I needed that.”

“Like I said, we’re always here for you, and if I stand by why while my friends are feeling bad then as far as I’m concerned I’m no better than bloodfang.”

Envarus lands, close to the forest where Will ran off to. “Well, that’s frustrating.” He mutters. He then enters the woods, coats a fist with paladin light, and punches a random tree.

Reyna finishes packing up the targets and heads inside.

“Reyna!” Clawripper calls from his location at the window. “I was wondering where you were!”

“Just training.” Reyna tells him. “But I’m done for the night.”

“Good hear! Don’t work youself silly now, ya hear? Gotta relax once in awhile after all! Come over here, I’ll buy you a drink!”

“If you insist.” she says, looking back at the door she walked in through, then going over to see him.