The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

“Well…how about we talk about you, considering I don’t have much of a past to speak off.”

@Flux She would see the constellation she was born under, the Sky Dragon as it suddenly spoked…

Why are you doing this?

All of that, only to hurt the man’s little heart…

You may think you are protecting him.

But in reality, you are distancing him from yourself.

That nightmare you had, it can also be your reality…

It so happened to be that exact tree Will was sleeping on. Envarus would hear some leaves shuffling as a black swordsman falls with a heavy thud.

Will groaned as he turned on his back, before sitting up, rubbing his head. “Yeah, I’m not taking Alina’s advice anymore…sleeping on trees sucks…” He declares as he stands up.

He noticed Envarus. “Well…hello there.” He said.

@TBT_Emerald

“Neither do I much. I was born at night, like many, in the backwoods of Dragopia, Grew up in a small village, came of age, got drafted, stayed until i had a decent pension, gained the rank of sergeant, and came home, and took up farming. My village still thinks I’m a war hero, and I’m not sure why.”

“What’s it like? Being a soldier?”

“Exasperating, but you get used to it. It’s even worse when you’re put in charge of the PX. It’s a nightmare. Who though that putting me in charge of the PX was a good idea, i don’t know. I did NOT regret retiring.”

Fran cocks her head to the side
“What’s a PX?”

“The dispensary, where the men go to get equipment and supplies, shovels, rations, stuff like that. It’s a mess.” Clawripper explained.

“I see, was there nothing about it you enjoyed?”

“I never said I didn’t enjoy it, I just said it was a mess, and that I wasn’t sad to leave. It wasn’t a bad job, just a rough one.”

“What do you mean by that?”

The light around Envarus’s hand fades. “I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that you were up there.” He says.

“Ah, it’s okay.” Will said, crossing his arms as he glanced at him. “What are you doing around here?” He asked.

@TBT_Emerald

“Just fruatrated.” Envarus replies. He turns to the sky. “I’m disappointed in myself about today. I doubt that’s a unique sentiment right now, but still true. I used my Celestial vision to try to find something to stop this from happening. The stars basically clammed up.” He turns back to Will. “I’m sorry for you though. The stars told me a little about what happened and that you wanted left alone.”

Will felt a bit sympathetic before he frowned his eyebrows. “They told you what?!” He asked, almost in a snapping tone.

@TBT_Emerald

“Ooo… still a touchy subject? Basically they said Siansa was a jerk. They also said that this isn’t the first time this has happened with her.” Envarus turns to the stars again. “They can be annoying sometimes, giving freely knowledge you might not want, but holding tight to the stuff you do. Tonight was the firs time I’ve seen them jealous though. I’ve looked for navigation and to stars over certain geographic areas before, but I’ve never had the Eagle react like it did tonight.”

Will growled, his fists tightening as his body shook with slight anger, he was on the edge lately. “Stupid stars…” He mumbles to himself.

“Follow me back to the inn, I guess.” He said as he motions for Envarus to follow him. “So you said, the Eagle talked to you?” He asked. “How is that even possible.”

@TBT_Emerald

“I believe you have some insight to that.” Envarus replies, “The last time I commuted with the stars I felt two others doing so nearby. An easy assumption is that Siansa was one, and that was the night you were out with her. I’m not sure how clearly you heard them, but the stars were impressed with you.”

Envarus continues, “There are some groups of stars that form groups with similar personalities. Most often they form constellations. Sometimes they will speak together in one voice. That is what happened earlier.”

Reyna sips her tea add she listens, interested.

“I enjoyed working at the dispensary, but after a while, it begins to grind, in addition to just being a punishing job”

“How is it punishing?”