The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

“But if I were cursed, then I’d quickly grow to match Bloodfang’s power levels! Or something”

1 Like

Ashkey muttered something unintelligible in her sleep as Will moved her.

Envarus jumps off his horse and flies for a bit as they travel.

“I fail to see how that works,” Candall admits.

“I don’t entirely get it either, but it should work.”

@meepinater, @Runa, @ProfSrlojohn, @Traykar, @Chronicler, @Ruh, @TBT_Emerald, @Flux, @Bramsley, @Toa_Radrix

Our Heroes would find themselves in the borders of the Starwalker Tribe, already, at first sight, one could notice the newborn green foliage around the remnants of what the Starwalker Tribe was. People like Leandro and Will would notice some places where the battle had a place. They could tell where the innocent were slaughtered and the Starwlkers, Siansa, and Envarus, would be able to tell what once was with the help of their Celestial Vision.

“They should have been here…” Will declares.

Amelia looked in confusion. “Who?” He asked.

“The Ippotismos and Cloudians,” Will said as he continued to ride on his steed slowly.

“There is nothing we can do.” Norag states. “What’s done is done.” He said, nodding.

The Sapphire Owls continued to lead the group throughout the Tribe, they would see destroyed houses, building, places but it wasn’t anything too modern to them. They were made out of wood, they truly lived in harmony with nature.

In the middle there was once a fireplace, where people would make a bonfire and look at the stars every night when it hit midnight, the sky was ever so clearly. Our Starwalkers would feel a sudden feeling onto them as if they returned home but in a way, they were empowered by the place, as if they were being watched by the Ancestors themselves.

Throughout the place there were hidden messages only the Starwalkers could read, spelling out such as…

Every Starwalker Resigns within the Stars and their Knowledge preserves among them, that’s what makes us Walkers among the Stars.

Will wondered what Siansa would think, how she would feel about coming back here. He was the only one she told about her past and her goals, of course, he kept it as a secret still.

Amelia rode her steed towards Siansa and Envarus. “It is time for you to use your Celestial Vision.” She said to them (@Flux, @TBT_Emerald)

“This must have been the heinous work of Bloodfang,” Ernesto snarled.

Reyna looks around at the surroundings, staying silent.

Oire stares at the landscape.
“My goodness.” He muttered. Even the normally cheerful and talkative Isotixian was at a loss for words.

Ashkey continued to sleep fitfully, leaning against Siansa on her mount.

Fran slowly dismounted and continued forward, keeping to the back of the group

Candall and Marybird dismount from Ernesto. They look upon the dead. It certainly stirs up rage within Candall, but Marybird becomes strangely quiet.

“Their blood spilled so early,” Candall remarks. “Why must this monster kill? It is not for protection of land, like the Morrigan asks. What does he hope to take from it?”

“The dulcet taste of victory,” Marybird replies. “A life lived contradictory.”

Envarus lands, then slips his sunglasses on. Anger wells up inside him, but not toward the Isotox people. “I would not be surprised if the blood spilled here still cries out against that king.” He says, before turning his face to the sky.

“This atrocity shall not be allowed to stand unavenged. A great exchange is in order, Blood for blood.”

“Blood for blood,” Candall replied in agreement.

“Are we sure we cannot talk him out of this?” Marybird asks. “Like, has he ev’r considered how difficult it is to hold an entire continent under his own control? It would certainly collapse and endanger 'emself. Like how we endanger 'em, for example. Seems rather dumb if ya ask me!”

1 Like

“If you want to talk to the murderous overlord, be my guest, but the rest of us would like to make it out of this quest alive.” Reyna says “politely” to Marybird.

“Hey, there is noth’n wrong with negotiation,” Marybird reminds her questioner. “Besides, if we cannot beat him, we can at least get 'em to stop. Ever considered that? Nev’r throw away a chance to resolve things peacefully!”

“His evil extends beyond the natural plane. His essence spawns all sorts of horrid abominations that beset the world with fear and madness. He disrupts the natural order.”

“We already fought him once.” Reyna said. “And we did not make it out unscathed. I doubted we’d be left alive if we waltzed in to talk with him, with our guards lowered and our weapons sheathed.”

“Nobody said about keep’n em sheathed.” Marybird begins to look closely at the dead. “Our tongues can be a weapon as sharp as a double-edged sword. Added tat with fiery eyes and a beguiling spirit, you can overcome emperors.”

Marybird begins to play a song of lament on her violin. “But I s’pose you all want to pay blood for blood. Continuing this quest for blood that this tyrant started. Where does it end? With the spilling of his blood? Or do 'is servants, his loyal generals, take his place in revenge and spill more? What about 'em?”

“There is justice in the killing of Bloodfang!” Candall rebukes. “He must be stopped, even if more blood spills. It is a stubborn real’ty, dearie. Not everyone will listen to yer reasoning. Their shallow mind will stomp out the wise with strength. The only way to stop them is with hardy steel.”

“And what if we don’t?” Reyna responds. “What if we try to talk him down, and like anyone with a bloodlust he doesn’t listen?! He just steps up and tries to kill us anyways, only is a place where he’s surrounded by allies and we’re in the depths of unknown territory. Have you considered that?”