The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

“It’s just 'ow we say ‘I missed ya’ in Isotix!” Marybird says as she rolls up her sleeves.

Candall rubs his face and starts to get up. “That’s a lie, dearie.”

“So is say’n ya were on a pilgrimage! I see ya out here, hanging 'round with these strangers in a inn. A woman’s gonna get bent up with emotions for twenty years, donchaknow?”

Candall sighs. “I didn’t mean to cause ya harm. I was on a pilgrimage. I learned much from the druids. They helped me deal with the pain of losing Draig. I just got sidetracked.”

“You had me!” Marybird remarks. “I was t’ere by yer side! You best have that band upon your finger.”

Candall shows Marybird that he, indeed, has his ring on his finger still. “I never took it off.”

“Same here!” Marybird’s eyes start to well with tears again. She comes to her husband and hugs him. “At least ya have that.”

“Of course. And ya still have that wonderful smile,” Candall says as he brushes the brown hair of his bride with his hand. “Marybird of Elven Fair, is that what you still call yourself?”

Marybird starts to smirk. “Just Marybird now. Hard to be ‘Elven Fair’ when human creases come to your face.”

“Well you’re still beautiful,” Candall assures his wife.

“Show yourself, I know you’re there!” Ernesto shouted into the darkness, squinting his eyes in a futile effort to better see the products of his imagination.

Marybird takes her husband and sits down with him. She starts to play smoothly on her fiddle. “Would hope I’m still a looker. But my heart is hard, ya know.”

Are you going to Kilshire Fair?
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.
Remember me to one who lived there,
he once was a true love of mine.

Candall starts to reply in song.

Tell her to make me a cambric ■■■■■.
Without no seam, nor needlework.
Then she’ll be a true love of mine.

Marybird sings the response.

Tell him to find me an acre of land.
Between salt water and the sea strand.
Then he’ll be a true love of mine!

Candall says another verse in response.

Tell her to weave it in a sycamore wood lane
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
And gather it all with a basket of flowers
And then she’ll be a true love of mine

And finally, Marybird finishes.

Plow the land with the horn of a lamb
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Then sow some seeds from north of the dam
And then he’ll be a true love of mine!

Candall pauses in the song as she continues to play. He looks at the sword in her scabbard, and pulls it out. He sees the words Candall, thy true love engraved on them. “Looks like he already is.”

1 Like

Reyna was outside the inn, setting up homemade targets out back, in an area where few people would be.

“So, why are you out this far darling?” Marybird asks.

“We had a mission,” Candall replies. “To stop the tyranny of Lord Bloodfang of Dragopia. I answered an advertisement by those folks over there, the Sapphire Owls.” Candall points out the Sapphire Owls.

“So your pilgrimage led you here?” She asks.

“Yes,” Candall says. “The Tuatha De Danaan’s call for justice was not to be ignored. It is almost like a final test to this oath.”

“An oath?”

“Yes. I swore to uphold the legacy of Draig, by protecting our homeland. If Lord Bloodfang is not stopped, Isotix will fall to his tyranny. A power worse than our own High King. He has stolen artifacts of this land and nearly killed me.”

Marybird’s music changes to that of a somber melody. “Lord Bloodfang, Cloudia’s bane. The treasures in hollowed halls, he consumes like a drain. The walls were felled, the blood spilled of the men who here dwelled.”

“All you can do is lament?” Candall asks his wife.

“Well, sometimes a lament is needed,” Marybird replies. “What else should I do? I am no knight like you.”

“You speak better than me! And with that good rough’n up you gave me earlier, I think you could fight just fine. Besides…” Candall takes his wife’s hand. “…I am done being gone. I’d rather be at your side if I die.”

Marybird tilts her head, and removes her mask, showing her elven eyes that contrast with her human face. “Very well, darling. I suppose we’ll make Bloodfang feel the music of your little insurgency.”

Marybird, now showing her true face as Valerie MacArdal, looks to the rest of the party. “I suppose proper introductions to the rest of these people are also in order.”

1 Like

Reyna goes to the center of the three targets and draws her bow, but no arrows. She takes a breath, then jumps back into the air, quickly drawing an arrow and shooting at one target, then turns midair to shoot at another, then flips over and fires upside down at the one that was behind her, before flipping back over and finally landing on her two feet and one hand. She gets up and goes to check her shots. Two were bullseyes, while the third was just barely in the ring right out from the bullseye, that being the one she shot at upside down. She grumbles as she goes over and rips the arrows or of the targets.

You need to be quicker. She thinks to herself as she changes the targets around some. And you have to improve your accuracy

1 Like

Envarus returns to his stargazing. The Eagle alone was not enough. He thinks. Maybe another will lend me their strength as well. He turns his eyes to the Lion.

Reyna stood in the middle again, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. She opens her eyes and leaps forwards, the height she gains being over her own head as she stretches out and rolls forwards, knocking an arrow and drawing as she rolls up onto her knee, firing into the target in front of her. She jumps into the air and twists to the side, rolling longways midair as she fires first at one target to her side, then another at her other side. She draws another arrow as she falls and fires down her body, between her feet at another target. Once she lands, she checks the targets. Two bullseyes, two almost. She lets out a frustrated growl as she stops over to pull the targets. “Again.” She mutters angrily. “Faster. Aim better. Be. Better.

1 Like

Oire watched the freshly reunited couple sing together.
He wiped a tear from his face.
“Tha’… tha’ was beau’iful.”
He took a large swig of his mug of scotch, then set the mug down on the table.
“What a night.”

1 Like

“Thank ya! Thank ya!” Valerie bows. “Marybird once again delivers a beautiful song.”

Candall leans back in his chair. “Indeed it was. How’s 'bout a drink? For a bonding we have missed out on.”

“I could do that,” Valerie says. “Just something light for me.”

Again.

She sets up her targets, closer to the building this time. She runs slightly up the wall and pushes off, drawing an arrow and shooting, first at a target to her right, then one to her left, before flipping over and shooting one behind her. She knocks an arrow to shoot at the other one, slightly off to the side of where she went up the wall, but landed before she could pull back and shoot. She threw her bow to the ground and let out a short, frustrated scream, that might be able to be heard highly muffled inside the building.
Be quicker. She said to herself, ripping out her arrows again, one a bullseye and the other two just off. Hit them all before you hit the ground. Try a different one. You have to do better.

1 Like

The couple drink together. Valerie finds herself drinking wine, while Candall drinks ale for himself. They start to laugh at playful jokes and catching up. Candall lifts up the short sword he took from Valerie.

“So, ya say you cannot fight,” Candall says while slightly waving it around. “So what’s this?”

“It’s for a performance,” Valerie explains. “I’ve played many characters since you left, many were swords women.”

Candall strokes his scruffy beard. “On the stage?”

“Nope,” Valerie remarks. “In the courts! Nobles wanted performances for sword fights. To expand my knowledge I decided to learn sword play. It pales in comparison to you, darling. You are an actual knight!”

“What armor do you wear?” Candall asked.

“Oh, just some a brigandine. Nothing too special. Why? Do you want me to put them on?”

Candall smiles slightly. “Would be lovely to see, dearie.”

“Alright. I’ll be back.” Valerie picks up her bags and heads up stairs. Candall taps his fingers on the table gingerly, eagerly anticipating to see his wife costume herself. Valerie returns, wearing a brigandine which looks fitting around her waist, along with her long skirt and some leather gloves. She places her mask and hat back on.

“You look dashin’,” Candall says. “Now I know why you dropped the ‘elven fair’ part!”

“Sir Marybird,” she remarks, “But I am no true knight. My performances could not face a real opponent like Lord Bloodfang.”

Candall shakes his head. “He wouldn’t expect ya. A tiny lady running after him with some music? You’re a polymath. Ya know music, fighting, and I know those cords are magical on their own.”

“I’d rather fight with words,” Marybird replies. She sits down again with her husband and takes some more drinks of her wine. “You think I could convince 'em to knock it off?”

“I don’t know. I doubt he’d listen, dearie. He’s more stubborn than me father’s mule. So take up your sword, just in case.”

Marybird sighs and takes off her mask. “Fine. I suppose we shall go to Tir Na Nog together, if that is where our fate lies.”

“I could drink to that!” Candall lifts up his mug. Valerie lifts up her cup. They clink them together, and start to drink further.

2 Likes

Fran hearing the muffled sound and heads out to investigate.
“I-is everything alright out here?”

Reyna lands from another maneuver, grimacing in pain from her side, and looks at her targets, the shots following a similar later to before. “You need to do better.” She mutters, probably loud enough for Fran to hear. “You need to-” She cuts herself off when she turns and sees Fran. “Oh, hi Fran.”

In Dragopia…

Marvon did what Lord Bloodfang ordered him to do. Thus his most loyal and powerful servants made sure not to be late to their master’s calling.

Lord Bloodfang was on his throne, his knuckles rested against his cheek. Queen Katelyn was resting on his lap, her arms wrapped around her lover’s neck. It seemed to be like her trend thing, always being in that position every time she was with him in that Throne room.

Marvon walked towards Lord Bloodfang, with his servants behind him, crossing his arm against his chest, he slightly bowed down. “As you have asked my Lord.” He said. “Your servants have hed your call.” He turns around, his hands presenting in fluid motion the standing group that was his servants.

Lord Bloodfang nods his head slowly. “Indeed.” He remarks as, Janus, Lee, Xaio, and Marvon all kneeled down before Bloodfang.

They said in sync. “We live to serve you, Lord Bloodfang.”

Their Overlord rose his hand. “Please, stand.” He told them and they do as they have been told to.

Xaio stepped forward suddenly. “My Lord, forgive me for my ignorance. But what was your reasoning, that you requested our presence here in this room?” He asked.

Bloodfang slightly grins. “It has come to my attention that while the Kingdoms themselves don’t pose to us a threat…” He began." …a group of individuals, that have a clear goal, to collect all of the World’s Artifacts, certainly do."

“Artifacts…?” Lee asked, his head slightly raising as he glanced at Bloodfang, feeling riddled.

“There shining things that can tip the balance of scale in everyone’s favor, if they so chose to,” Janus said, taking a look at his friend lee.

“How many are there to be exact?” Lee asked.

Marvon grinned, his pale white teeth shined through his grin. “Seven to be exact.” He said. “The first one is Dragopia’s Sunlight Blade, a powerful sword that can control the thermal energy of the sun. And use it for incomprehensible means.”

“Such as rendering the defenses of Cloudia, futile,” Xaio adds.

“Precisely.” Marvon agrees. “Then we have the Starwalker Tribe’s Thunderstorm Bow, which grants the user weather manipulative abilities.” He said. “After that, there is the Warhammer weapon from the ancient Dwarf Times, it first being wielded by King Boros.” He declares.

“Fourthly, Tiara’s Shield, the one I and Lord Bloodfang have in our possession,” Xaio said. “The legend says that Tiara’s Shield is an indestructible shield and nothing in the world can penetrate it or destroy it. While also having the ability to create shields of energy in any shape the user can think of. To be blunt, its only limit is the user’s imagination.”

“There are also two incredibly hard ones to get, the Pelt of Strength that is currently in King Versing’s possession. It grants the user superhuman strength, but the catch is the more you use it. You’ll get insane.” Bloodfang said. “Then, the Gate, a cursed artifact, something not me or the individualist can get.”

“Where is it?” Janus asked.

Marvon smirked as Bloodfang glanced at him. “In the so-called land of the Forbidden.”

“What are we going to do with it?” Lee asked, looking at Lord Bloodfang.

“Most likely destroy it,” Bloodfang said, dropping his hand on the pedestal.

“Last but not least. The so-called Sword that can rival the Sunlight Blade, Calibur. Origin has it that was made the same way as the Sunlight Blade, almost being Twin Swords so to speak, but the Calibur can only be earned if Ippotismos’ greatest Swordsman is defeated.” Katelyn said.

“Who may that be?” Janus crossed his arms.

Suddenly there was a silence, both Bloodfang and Marvon grinned as if they had all of the cards to an unknown game to the others.

“I shall entrust this one to you, Lord Bloodfang.” Marvon bowed down.

“He is the so-called Dual Wielding, Swordsman, also known as, Will the Black Raven,” Bloodfang said, even though everyone in that room except for Marvon and Bloodfang, felt like the name was mysterious and in a way ominous.

“The Black Raven…” Xaio muttered. “I’ve heard of the Raven name before…isn’t it a creed?” He asked.

“Indeed it is,” Marvon said. “They are called the Ravens, they are swordsmen with a simple moral code and a straight forward creed. They are the most formidable sword dualists. One of them can take a group of one hundred knights at most.”

“The Black Raven is a myth, it says in their scriptures that if a Swordsman takes on a Dragon alone and kills it, they are either a descended of the first original, Black Raven or they have been chosen by his eternal spirit,” Bloodfang said.

“So what does this all mean?” Lee asked, looking for a conclusion.

“It means that not even the individualists themselves will have an advantage with Calibur, because one of them, has to defeat Will in a fair dual,” Katelyn said.

Lee smirked. “I suppose we’ll have to get there first.”

“And we shall.” Bloodfang declared. “Hear me.” He called. “The world is a large place, there are only seven known artifacts, but that doesn’t mean we should know what to expect. Because, there might be other legendary items or artifacts we have not yet discovered, so keep your eyes sharp and be on your guards. Because I will not tolerate failure, these people are trying to hurt us, to kill us. Let us not give them an advantage over us, let us show them their rightful place. Show them, why we know no defeat!!”

They all nod to Bloodfang.

“Your bidding is our command, Lord Bloodfang.” Xaio kneeled down as so did the rest.

Lord Bloodfang chuckled for a moment. “Very well, let the hunt begin.!” His cyan eyes began to emit a glow to them as he smirked.

2 Likes

“I think what you need is to take a break, you’re overworking yourself. It isn’t healthy.”

“I shall not let you claim the hearts and spirits of my compatriots, foul Foreigner!” Ernesto declared, hissing earnestly. “Turn away now or face my righteous anger!”

1 Like

As Candall starts to try and go for another drink, Valerie stops him. “That’s enough. I don’t wancha gett’n a hangover in the morning. Especially if things are so dire.”

“Yer not wrong,” Candall says with a slight slur in his voice. “Wouldn’t wanna get TOASTY again.”

“Yes.” Valerie starts to turn down Candall’s mug and her own cup. “Besides, I would love to see if me husband can still put up a fight.”

“I definitely can!” Candall cries out. “You accusing me of gettin’ rusty?”

“Like a run-down clockwork, yes!” Valerie lifts her husband’s hands with a wide smile. “My hands are no stronger than the spring breeze, yet I blew ya down. I think your age is catching up.”

“NONSENSE!” Candall shouts. “I may have creeky bones, but me arms are still long and hardy! Now shut yer trap!”

Valerie starts to laugh. “HAHAHA! I’ll have to see that for myself.”

Amelia was in the medical room with Cloudia who has been stabilized with some magic healing from the healing doctors.

She sat down beside her Queen’s bed, holding her hand, not leaving her sight. “My Queen…” She started.

“Amelia…” She softly said, looking at her. “I’m going to be fine…” She smiled at her. “You have your people to worry about than me.”

“No…” She shook her head. “I have to make sure you live through. I am your blade!” She said. “And I don’t feel like I deserve this title, because I’ve failed. Bloodfang could have killed you.” She looks down, in spite of herself.

Cloudia brought her hand, touching her chin, bringing it up. “Look up, Knight.” She said. “You’ve done all you could. And if I’ve survived, if not for you, and the rest. I would have probably died. So don’t be so harsh on yourself yeah?” She smiled at her.

Amelia eventually smiled too. “Alright.” She nods, kissing her Queen’s hand.

“Now go, you got a group to pull together.” She said. “If someone is going to teach them how to work as a team, it is you.” She pointed to her chest, right where her heart was.

“You believe that?” Amelia asked, slightly smiling.

“Of course, I do you dingus.” She chuckled briefly. “Now go!”

Amelia smiles happily, hugging her before getting up and made her way out of the medical building, going towards the Inn everybody was.

When Amelia walked into the inn and opened the doors, she noticed two new faces. “I’m gone like for a few hours and we already have two new people?” Her voice would break any interaction as she states.

“Haha!” Norag brings his drink up. “Amelia!” He greets her. “We’ve got two new people, Valerie is Candall’s wife and another fellow from Isotix, Oire.”

She glanced at them (@Chronicler, @meepinater). “You certainly must have questions.” She said, nodding her head slightly. “Wait till everyone gathers in this inn, I have a few things to say.”

The Stars were not too happy that Envarus did not believe in the Eagle constellation, the one that has shined on his birth back in the Starwalker Tribe.

How is a Lion stronger than an Eagle?

Suddenly one of the stars spoked to him, it was probably the constellation of the Eagle.

An Eagle is free from all. Unlike a Lion who needs to protect a whole pack of pups.

An Eagle may be free from all, but it is a Protector of the Sky, a Watchful Guardian.

A Lion has claws and fangs, but an Eagle has talons, a beak that it is like a spear, and wings that make you fly through the freedom of the winds.

Seek your Constellation for at the very moment a Starwalker was baptized. It was their Destiny, your Destiny…

@TBT_Emerald

“Feind, wrought of dark and foreign understandings, heed my words,” Ernesto growled," I shall give you one change to leave my presence, to depart from this plane. The people here aren’t for the taking, return to your dark master, speak to him of your failure, and perhaps he shall be as merciful as me. Stay, and you shall perish as all had before you."

Ernesto paused, cocking his head to the side. A puff of air exhaled from his nostrils as he narrowed his eyes,“So be it then! I shall end your life, and the world will be all the better for it!” He shouted, barreling forwards into the darkness.