The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

Envarus lands, close to the forest where Will ran off to. “Well, that’s frustrating.” He mutters. He then enters the woods, coats a fist with paladin light, and punches a random tree.

Reyna finishes packing up the targets and heads inside.

“Reyna!” Clawripper calls from his location at the window. “I was wondering where you were!”

“Just training.” Reyna tells him. “But I’m done for the night.”

“Good hear! Don’t work youself silly now, ya hear? Gotta relax once in awhile after all! Come over here, I’ll buy you a drink!”

“If you insist.” she says, looking back at the door she walked in through, then going over to see him.

“You waiting for somone?” He asked, noticing her looking back. “Bartender! A milled mead and a, what’ll you have?” He added quickly.

“It’s nothing.” She says. “Just thought Fran was coming in behind me. And I’ll just have a green tea, please. Two sugars.”

“On me, barkeep.” Clawripper added, putting two coins on the table.

When the barkeep, Clawripper would speak again.

“So, how have you been?” Clawripper asked, sipping his mead.

“A lot better than I was.” She said, taking a sip of her own tea. “And you?”

Outside Fran sighs and mutters to herself
“Stupid girl why can’t you take your own advice? But I suppose I’ve nothing left to lose…”
She takes a deep breath before heading inside with as warm a smile as her stiffened face allows.

“As good as one can be after a fight like that. Though, I certainly took less damage than the rest of you”

“There she is!” Clawripper calls, “Fran! Get over here!”

“Yes? What can I do for you?” She asks

“Sit down and chew the gristle a while! I hadn’t seen ya since the fight! Si’down, grab a chair, get a drink, and just talk!”

“Oh um okay…” Fran nervously pulls up a chair and seats herself on it “What did you want to talk about?”

“Anything, my past, your past, anything! The whole point of ‘Gnawing the gristle’ as they say, is to talk, get to know each other, enjoy ourselves!”

“Well…how about we talk about you, considering I don’t have much of a past to speak off.”

@Flux She would see the constellation she was born under, the Sky Dragon as it suddenly spoked…

Why are you doing this?

All of that, only to hurt the man’s little heart…

You may think you are protecting him.

But in reality, you are distancing him from yourself.

That nightmare you had, it can also be your reality…

It so happened to be that exact tree Will was sleeping on. Envarus would hear some leaves shuffling as a black swordsman falls with a heavy thud.

Will groaned as he turned on his back, before sitting up, rubbing his head. “Yeah, I’m not taking Alina’s advice anymore…sleeping on trees sucks…” He declares as he stands up.

He noticed Envarus. “Well…hello there.” He said.

@TBT_Emerald

“Neither do I much. I was born at night, like many, in the backwoods of Dragopia, Grew up in a small village, came of age, got drafted, stayed until i had a decent pension, gained the rank of sergeant, and came home, and took up farming. My village still thinks I’m a war hero, and I’m not sure why.”

“What’s it like? Being a soldier?”