The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

Reyna eyes the dragon, before returning her bow to her back. “Welcome to our merry little crew.” She says to him.

“Same to you, laddy,” Candall replies. “Ask me if you ever get hungry, I can pick a good ram from the bad.”

“Your generosity is very much appreciated in these trying times, Knight of the Green, and creaky bones.”

1 Like

Ashkey tensed as the dragon neared the group.
She gripped her grappling hook and a dagger, ready to strike.

“I hope you pardon my intrusion, who may you be?” Ernesto asked.

“Hold on, lassie,” Candall noted. “We have that dark dragon in our group, why so 'fraid of this one?”

“Other Dragon? Who sent him? Can he be trusted? Where is he?”

“Calls himself Clawripper, I heard,” Candall gestured. “Was in that inn we came from. Worry not, looked harmless enough like you. I couldn’t imagine a bloodthirsty dragon holding it’s jaws around humans, so I assume he is friendly like ye.”

@meepinater, @Runa, @ProfSrlojohn, @Traykar, @Chronicler, @L.O.S.S-KAL, @TBT_Emerald, @Flux, @Bramsley, @Toa_Radrix

The group of heroes and the Sapphire Owls would find themselves in Rohan City, as they walked they would see a public stage which was being used in the occasion that included everyone, during those times are to talk about new laws, news about the outside world and other important stuff.

Amelia took a deep breath, she didn’t lie she was somewhat nervous. She would be the one leading them throughout the lands, that’s a responsibility not to be taken lightly.

Suddenly Will peaked in, his Black Skull mask staring plainly at her for a moment. “Is that nervousness I sense in you…?” He asked.

She squeaked like a girl and jumped out of the way. “Oh why you!” She brought her fist up and was ready to punch him but he caught it and with that, he pressed his body against her, they were really close to one another. “Relax.” He said calmly.

Amelia looked at him with a sly look, not closing in the distance as much as she would normally want to. “What is it?” She asked.

“I want to let you know that you’re not the only nervous person here. Now give them a good speech and that should be enough.” He said before letting go of her.

“Right…” She took another deep breath as she stepped forward. “Attention everyone!” She called out to them. “We, the Sapphire Owls have gone beyond our ways to summon you from your respective countries. We went our way because we know you are some of the best out there!” She said with an inspiring tone. “Twenty years ago, a land of unknown origin showed up. This land is called The Great Nest of Dragopia it inhabits the largest population on this world as well as the population of Dragons.”

“Its ruler, Michael Bloodfang, the Dragon Lord of all Dragons wants to commit a World Domination Conquest, that can only mean that he is willing to go to war and take our freedoms away!” She said with a stern tone. “I don’t know about you. But I will not stand still and do nothing about it. I will not let this so-called Dragon Lord take over our precious World!” She rose her fist up as she glanced at them.

“During this journey, I, the leader of this expedition group will lead you throughout the lands. Our main objective is to get the Artifacts and the Artifacts only. We may need to fight to gain them but that is why I’ve chosen you, because of your battle prowess, skills, abilities, and specialty.” She said unto them. “And now my fellow friends would make their short introduction.” She motioned with their hands as Will stepped in front.

“I am WIll, the Black Raven and I’m also a Swordsman. I am the second in command of this group. And I will serve as a supporting pillar for Amelia whenever she requires outside the box thinking.” He said

Then Leandro stepped out. “I’m Leandro, the Half-Breed. I’m half Vampire and half Human. Don’t worry I won’t be lusting after your blood because I got my portion to spare.” He said with a smirk. “I’m this group’s hunter. I’ll be looking out for any traps or anything that falls in between those lines during this trip. And please hid to my advise. When I tell you to not move, do so.”

Norag the stepped forward. “Aye there, m’camarads. I’m Norag. There isn’t too much to talk about me, you partially know what a Dwarf is and what a Dwarf can do. I like m’drinkin’ m’partyin’ and…” He saw the glare of Amelia as he was rambling about the uninteresting things. “I’m your demolition expert. I’ll be the one setting traps in case we do have enemies that follow us.”

Then Alina stepped out. “I’m Alina and I’m the muscle of this group. What this means…um…how can I say this…” Suddenly a shadow stepped out of her and Lanmo formed. “Baisically when the bad stuff happens I’ll be the muscle saving your skin…” And with that, he disappeared into her.

Amelia then looked back at the heroes. “Is everything clear to you? If there are any questions. Important questions. Do not hesitate to ask.” She said.

1 Like

“My apologies, I’m just a little skittish about other Dragons, I hadn’t exactly left my homeland on the best of terms.”

1 Like

“A hardy group, I’d say,” Candall remarks. “I have no questions, but I will say this: Michael best be prepared for the wrath of Macha if he wishes to take the green and lovely lanes of Isotix!”

1 Like

“He shall pay for his crimes against reality and common decency !”

1 Like

“None here.” Reyna responded. “Just point me towards where we go, and I’ll go get what we need.”

1 Like

Clawripper spoke up. “How did you come to the conclusion that world domination means loss of freedoms?” He asked. “During my time in the army, I never saw any of my fellow soldiers treat them as lesser citizens, nor were we told to think, or act they were such.”

1 Like

Candall replied to the dark dragon. “Perhaps not loss of freedoms. But land, to the original ones who owned it. By Macha’s blessings, the Celts have right to the soil we tread. If Michael takes that, we will have lost the identity of our kin.”

1 Like

“Well this definitely won’t sit well with my superiors”

1 Like

“If your identity is so tied to your land, it must be shaky indeed. Nothing will ever take the dragon’s identity away, no matter who rules the land. Our presence and ownership of a given land is privilege, not a right.”

Ashkey sunk back into the shadows, ignoring the others’ questions, or perhaps just not social enough to answer them.

“Not so!” Candall replied. “The land is where my ancestor, Ardal, and his kin were birthed. The blood of my birth was done upon the land. It calls to us once again when we turn to dust. It is part of us, whether we like it or not. The only time our identity shakes is when the earth rumbles.”

1 Like

Amelia listened in as he was asking the question but before she could speak Will took the wheel on this one. “That’s what Lord Bloodfang wants you to believe.” He said unto him. “Isn’t it obvious?” He asked. “Why would he want his own people to be against him? Thus he made it appear that he was treating you nicely because first of all you are his people and from what we’ve known he doesn’t want to commit genocide against his people.” He said.

Suddenly a Wizard showed up from the shadows of the tree, as he was listening on them the whole time, it was Ufeus. “I was Lord Bloodfang’s, right-handed man.” He said as he walked up the stage and looked at the dragon. “He, unfortunately, let power get the better of him. He isn’t the benevolent and wise king we all thought he was. He is corrupted and due to him having a stronger Kingdom than anyone could ever imagine it. That being said it will make him more confident…thus we cannot let him succeed. He is planning on ruling one way or another, but because most Kingdoms will not accept that. War will happen, sooner than you think…”

“Candall is correct,” Uefus said, pointing the staff at him.

“Of course, they wouldn’t be happy,” Will said unto her.

“Yes, Lord Bloodfang does value Dragopia’s prosperity so much so that is willing to go to war for it,” Ufeus said to the dragon. “There was once a Dragon Lord before Michael…he was the reason why Dragopia was hidden in the first place. But when Michael stepped to power he questioned the previous Dragon Lord’s plans and ideas, saying that it was ‘undragon’ like to hide and cower behind shadows and so…he killed him…”

1 Like