The Cricket, Cicada, and "The Roach" Exo-Suits + G39 Infantry Corps

Executing the governments orders without fail, the G39 Infantry Corps, and the Exo-Suits that accompany them are feared by anyone who would dare to dream of resistance…

So I made these a while back for my sci-fi(ish) military, and finally decided to post them. I got the helmets, guns, and combat vests from Brickmaina, but everything else is official Lego.

The Cockroach, nicknamed “The Roach”, is the least powerful of the three, and is often used for scouting out rough terrain. I took inspiration from the grunts in Halo when designing this one.

The Cricket is the standard issue Exo-Suit, and is useful in just about every situation. It was the first mech that I built, and probably my favorite of the three.

Lastly, the Cicada is given only to the most elite Exo-Suit pilots. It has heavy armor, and is equipped with a back mounted anti-vehical cannon.

As a side note, all of the pilots can fit into the suit, and come out of the suit wall without separating any pieces. I hope you enjoyed because more is on the way. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

39 Likes

i really like that flamethrower mech, good minifigs too. Nice job!

1 Like

Thanks, it was actually wasn’t supposed to be a flamethrower, but I see how it looks like one. The fire was just supposed to be a muzzle flare.

I just noticed this, and now I’m imagining all of these guys on skis. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ya know, sometimes I really just want to strangle autocorrect to death.

2 Likes

looks at the exo-suits names
Scout to HQ, you may want to bring out the big cans of bug spray…

2 Likes

inb4 finland space force

also nice lil mech squad my guy @TheMOCingbird

2 Likes

I think the roach is the only bad one of the three. With it’s fat stubby legs and tiny arms looking impractical and a generally terrible combination. It could probably be improved if it were outfitted to carry much larger weapons.
The other two exo suits look great. They’re both very solid. I love the Cicada’s back mounted cannon. My only nitpick is it could probably use a bigger gun with it’s longer arms.

1 Like

Thanks! I agree about the Cicada needing bigger weapons, and as far as the Roach goes, as I intended to have that stubby, grunt like look. although I should make the arms a little longer.

1 Like

Yo, these are rad! I really like the scale you built them on. I also like the texture of each one with all the different pieces you had used.

It would be cool to see a full army of these haha

1 Like

The names don’t seem reflective of the mechs, except for Cicada. Roach seems like a more appropriate name for the medium sized suit, since cockroaches are extremely versatile survivalists in real life, and usually have a fairly large, flat body. The smallest one strikes me as a scarab, with its large, bulbous body and short limbs. I love the MOCs themselves, though!

1 Like