The deal

A story about Verakion.

“You were Miserix’s second-in-command. Will the ■■■■■ in leadership be problematic?”

Verakion cocked his head. “I don’t believe so. Miserix was… Flawed.”

Teridax nodded. “Good.” He turned to leave.

“Just a moment. There is one more thing I must discuss with you.”

“Yes?”

“Miserix and I had an… Arrangement. I would provide intricately detailed information on the southern islands, and he would give me free reign to conduct my experiments. Obviously you would not allow for such a deal.”

“Do you have a point?”

“I’m getting there. The point is, being unable to continue my studies is unacceptable. Thus, a new deal must be struck. Also, there are other circumstances that have changed.”

“Such as?”

“I know about the Plan, Teridax.”

In an instant, Teridax’s spear was inches away from Verakion’s mask.

“How.” He growled. It wasn’t a question.

“It’s quite simple really, I wear the Mask of Precognition. It’s a pathetic mask. It’s useless virtually all the time. Except for occasionally when I touch someone. On rare occasions I see their future, their destiny.”

“When I greeted you…”

“Indeed. That is when the vision occurred. Now, what interested me most was the part where you exterminated our race. I’m quite certain the rest of our brethren would be interested too.”

“What do you want?”

“Freedom to do as I please. No questions asked. Also I’ll need some assurance of impunity when you get to that part of your scheme.”

Teridax pondered the other’s words for a while. Eventually he lowered his staff. “You have a deal.”

“Excellent. It has been a pleasure doing business with you. Oh, and one more thing.”

“You begin to try my patience.”

“Could you send me a new mask from Metru Nui? This thing truly is pathetic.”

6 Likes

I kinda assumed by this point all Makuta knew about the plan. Though not necessarily that Makuta planned to eliminate them.

Otherwise, great read.

1 Like

Thanks!

Always love Makuta centric stuff. Good job.

3 Likes

Interesting.

1 Like

A job well done, Cal. Job well done.

This is pretty good. Also,

SOMEONE FINALLY GOT TERIDAX’S PERSONALITY RIGHT

Seriously, that’s a big problem I tend to see with these kinds of stories.