The Emoji Movie

8 Likes

I hated emojis enough as it was.
This makes the angry birds movie look promising. No, it makes it look like it’ll be oscar-worthy.
Part of why the Lego movie worked was that it had actual characters and followed the archetype of the hero’s journey (same as Star Wars, Harry Potter, The Matrix, etc), and had amazing animation.

And now, my verdict on this awful cash-grab of terrible garbage from the focal point of idiocy on the internet:

10 Likes

I have lost faith in Humanity.

3 Likes

What is wrong with you humans.

9 Likes

There is chance in the universe that this will be a good movie, but It…might work, people liked inside out, so this could be a cheap way to rip off the formula…

(But really this is the reason why we have not met Aliens yet, they are worried about our stupidity being contagious).

6 Likes

18 Likes

The Lego Movie worked because Lego is a company built around creativity,

Emoji’s are facial expressions.

This movie better have some awe-inspiring acting.

8 Likes

NO NO NO who thought of this ?? WHO

seriously though what would this even be about ?

11 Likes

I love wrekt-it ralph and inside out, if the movie is really a combination between both, Ill love this one

If you meant it as a joke, use /s. If not, than imagine a terrible knockoff version of both that removes the good qualities of each movie.
Imagine a combination of both, but take away the likable, original characters, original idea (at the time), clever story that isn’t just trying to reference a bunch of terrible things on your phone, and the fact that it wasn’t designed for people who like to use the :joy: face completely wrong/clash of clans-playing, emoji-mongering, self-absorbed tweenage morons. Also, make it a total cash grab. And have characters who are even more slot-like and basic than in inside out, because now they represent a very specific emotion that is only applicable in certain scenarios, rather than a broad range of dergrees within an emotion. I’m sure you’ll love it.

I can describe my feelings towards this idea with a single emoji.
http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/8c/65/8c65e5de808ec301754508366480250c.png

18 Likes

I’ll bet you that that’s a main character

6 Likes

Humanity has declined.

5 Likes

I feel like y’all are making a big deal over nothing yes this movie is probably going to be bad. But there have been even more terrible movies that were made based on even more stupid things.

/s

Most of those movies were forgettable.
Also, they were probably just stupidly done, but with a bit less of a stupid idea behind them. Less stupid than the epitome of how stupid social media can be in their overuse and over-everything.

4 Likes

I’m still sticking to what I said because y’all really are making a big deal out of nothing with the whole “I lost faith in humanity” thing.

/s
It’s a joke.
We haven’t lost faith in humanity, we just feel let down by society and hollywood because of this mother of all terrible cash grabs. Also, disappointed this got so far with such a stupid concept simply because people like money.

4 Likes

But you will lose faith if this movie is actually successful and makes a lot of money.