The Energized Protodermis Entity

“I am creation and destruction. I am the power to transform and to destroy. I am every drop of Energized Protodermis that exists, and every drop is me. I am as far beyond you, creature of armor and tissue, as you are beyond an insect.”
— Energized Protodermis to Toa Helryx, Destiny War

“I have met your kind before. So confident in your power to contain me, control me, or destroy me. You are no more than Stone Apes reaching for the stars, believing you could extinguish them if only you could get them in your grasp. Transformation, or destruction. Which will be your fate? Let us find out, together.”
— Energized Protodermis, Destiny War

inspirations

About the inspirations, I had three main ones: the game, the book, and the description of the coloration of protodermis that appears in the movie “Mask of Light”. Starting with the game, the Energized Protodermis Entity (EPE) is described as follows: “the substance appeared to have the upper half of Teridax’s 2003 set incarnation, with a pillar of Energized Protodermis from the waist down.”

So, to convey the feeling that my set had a liquid origin, I tried to make it appear as if it was emerging from a sea of pieces, which together would have a “liquid texture” within what is possible to create with LEGO pieces. Similarly, I tried to make the protodermis pillar I gave to this set have the same effect, ultimately supporting the upper part of a body.

The chosen mask is the same one used in the game. As for the body, I tried to create a body that resembled a Toa Metru set but was customizable, as if it were made of liquid, with various small pieces coming together to form a complete body. The legs are stored inside the pillar when not in use.

Regarding the color, it is “silver with a green shine.” Basically, the set is made up of silver pieces, but throughout it, small translucent green pieces are scattered to give a sense of green shine. I vary their shades to create a more vivid sensation.

45 Likes

Plz show how to make the rest of it

5 Likes

This is really cool. It looks more like a proto Makuta than a toa

5 Likes

phenomenal job man, this looks absolutely incredible.

6 Likes

This reminds me of a particular LEGO sculpture:

They both have a similar base, as well as part spam to create a flowing, liquid texture!

10 Likes

This is supremely cool and I like the concept behind the MOC. I never played Maze of Shadows and didn’t know this was a real character.

7 Likes

This is astonishingly good. I love the trans-yellowish-green highlight color you chose. Great work creating liquid texture with all those pieces, and the body itself is awesome too!

6 Likes

The entire build is fantastic, especially the base and I’m so glad you showed the head build its genius.

5 Likes

I wasn’t expecting it to be able to separate from the base. Both forms look great, and their presentation is enthralling!

7 Likes

I love how he’s rising from the silver parts.

5 Likes

Is this the normal Kraakhan? It looks different, somehow.

I love the look of this btw, super unique.

5 Likes

This looks 3d-printed:

5 Likes