The Final Hunt - Bionicle 2016 Painting

pretty good

Looks good! I enjoy the consistency of this and your Tahu painting!

Although, and this is just my personal opinion and it doesnā€™t change how well this was done, but I donā€™t like the edginess of thisā€¦I mean Gali with a spear through her head? Umarak being a psychotic killer? Not my tastes, but well done with it regardless!

Should have made it Pohatu in the background considering how much you hate him!

Iā€™m confused: First of all, what is that beneath the golden Gali mask? It canā€™t be her body, because thatā€™s dead in a tree in the background. Also, why are Tahuā€™s hands where they are if heā€™s dead, to?

ā€¦Oh, now I notice that itā€™s Tahu in his hands. That makes more sense. Derrrrā€¦

Thatā€™s probably one of the best Bionicle art pieces Iā€™ve ever seen. I love it. Iā€™ve always thought of Umarak as being darker than any villain before, especially in G2, and this perfectly shows how I imagine him.

Is Galiā€¦bleeding?

well thatā€™s fairly disturbing

that being said, amazing piece

This isā€¦
Beautiful. I love the atmosphere of this, you can feel the dread and fear. I love how you made Umarak an actual threat(unlike last waves villains). Him taking them all out when they are at max power, thatā€™s great. And ya crazy Umarak is crazyawesome

4 Likes

This is what G2 Bionicleā€™s mood should be like ,it also reminds me of Alien vs Predator.

2 Likes

Dudeā€¦ dudeā€¦ dude I freaking love this. I honestly think this is better than that tahu sketch, I like the story, the style, and the message it conveys. Like wowā€¦ just wow

I cannot express in words how awesome this painting is.

Your art style alone is very unique and simply beautiful. The whole painting has a very intimidating feeling to it, it shows the ruthless evil in Umarak and the helplessness in Tahu.
I also like the addition of Gali in the background, it gives the feeling that Tahu is the last one surviving and heā€™s the last bit of hope fading away.

Absolutely fantastic job as always, I look forward to seeing more of your work!

2 Likes

So freakin cool!

I really quickly did this cause I feel you should remake that dark night poster Var. That would be freaking sweet, this is just to show one way it could be done and is love to see your take on it.

10 Likes

YES

Thatā€™s what Bionicle needs, characters dying, merciless villains and the heroes pleading a fast and painless death.

11/10

5 Likes

Edgy childrenā€™s entertainment with LEGO?

1 Like

Brutally fantastic. Youā€™ve captured Umarakā€™s phycotic look perfectly. So many movie quotes could work for this painting.

I love seeing Gali with an arrow through her face. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

o wow, something I can actually view.

i really like this . . but. poor gali

R.I.P

Wow Var, that is fantastic.

This artwork is amazing, but almost disturbing and graphic to come from a story directed at kids! This mostly applies to Gali in the background. Also, why is Umerak drooling? He canā€™t really do that through a mask! :stuck_out_tongue: I saw your artwork just this morning! If I had to, Iā€™d probably rate this 9/10, because of the reasons Iā€™ve explained earlier.

Excellent work, Var! :smiley: