The First: MOC Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1)

Perhaps, but considering that an entry lost 71 entire votes, under a process we do not exactly know, after the moderators involved voted for the one against it?
Pardon me for being a bit suspicious.
How would one tell if they were generated emails, for one?

@ToaArcan …didn’t you literally make a conspiracy theory based off a single post that was corrected.

6 Likes

Fake emails and dupe accounts most likely.

2 Likes

The other thing to consider was state in this topic, account’s using “false” email addresses. Addresses created by a generator to never be used again.

EDIT: Learn How Fake Email Verification Works | Email Scam Check

1 Like

I believe some even have gotten DM’s to confirm they are not a robot.

14 Likes

Congrats to everyone, looking forward to the art!

4 Likes

Perhaps that makes sense, but 1. It’s 71 entire votes. That is immense, and deserves more explanation than a blurb stating two reasonings, and 2. many people made new email addresses for the website itself, rather than using their own. What was the difference?

4 Likes

My faith has been restored, and I can sleep peacefully tonight.

13 Likes

Yeah that number is exceedingly vast. Not to mention reaching out to new accounts under 24 hours and axing their vote if they didn’t respond in time is a bit of a short frame if you ask me. Did you do this method when vetting poll Once might I ask? Everyone was playing dirty here but it’s kind of strange that you guys kept implementing caveats up until the bitter end. Whatever though, looking forward to the mask contest. Congrats to those deserving.

3 Likes

How are disposable emails evidence of proof that the voter is “fake?” I can’t imagine most people would want to use their personal emails for voting on a BIONICLE message boards. I certainly didn’t.

6 Likes

When were these DMs sent? The votes were all in at 1 AM. Depending on the hour, people might not have responded.
And if so, why give them such a small window of time? Not even a full day to respond?

8 Likes

DMs sent at the tail end of last night and here the results are not a full day later. Hmm.

5 Likes

can we not keep debating this lol

19 Likes

Not to mention the fact that people may be done with the site after voting

9 Likes

And because of that your vote might not have counted! The vetting process needs to be disclosed.

3 Likes

Congratulations Double! Yours was my favourite entry, so I’m so incredibly glad it’s come out on top! Well deserved :two_hearts:

5 Likes

There’s nothing to debate. It’s either TTV is biased if #2 wins or 4chan rigged the election if #6 won.

6 Likes

Everyone who needed to respond back to us via PM did respond.

17 Likes

Simple, false email addresses don’t exist past their initial use.
If you try to ping the address, and it fails, or if you send an email to it and it gets bounced back, then the address is fake. It’s a common way to detect phishing scams.

14 Likes

Congrats to all, I was expecting Bendy to win and made peace with it winning to my surprise when Double’s won.

3 Likes

This is blatantly rigged. number 6 got 409 votes, and number 2 got 377 votes. 71 people were removed from number 6’s final tally, while only 20 were removed from number 2’s. That is over 350% more people removed from number 6 than number 2. Are you telling me that there were 350% more dupped accounts, or whatever other criteria you use, more than number 2? I call BS.

9 Likes