The First: MOC Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1)

Someone would be regardless of the win, unfortunately.

1 Like

Congrats, @TheUnderscoredDouble! Can’t wait for the art portion of the contest!

2 Likes

Bad form to let us see the votes if you’re going to fix the results regardless haha. If you want to just select the winner at least hide the real results from us! Fun contest nonetheless tho and I understand why you would want to silence the Hoseryx

9 Likes

Just for the sake of fairness, I have to ask: was there any evidence found that #2’s votes were rigged or tampered?

EDIT: oh wait it did. Ah well, guess cheating is inherent in online contests or something.

3 Likes

That’s because there’s a clear difference between an entry getting docked 71 votes in leu of the entry that the moderators themselves voted for.

1 Like

Would Mata Nui approve of this?

1 Like

#2 wasn’t a meme with a massive following. #6 was.

8 Likes

Sleep peacefully knowing that there is a possibility of votes having been discarded entirely because of bias? Simply because you yourself disliked the entry, you’d be willing to ignore what could be bias in an election?

Why not disclose the vetting process? Better yet, just a list of the accounts that were removed?
The voting process is going to be changed completely in the next portion in order to avoid bots and swamping votes anyways.

@ProfSrlojohn That makes sense to a degree, but many people might have simply made a new email just to vote, then deleted it. That does not prove that the account is fraudulant in that it is a duplicate account, that simply proves that the person used an email that could be thrown away.
I myself made this account under an email that I use as a simple backup, and I am certain many people simply came here to vote, then leave. If they used a disposable email, that does not indicate that they were false accounts.

5 Likes

The creator of #6 explicitly stated that it wasn’t a joke entry.

3 Likes

It’s right there.

17 Likes

Read the topic Mickey.

8 Likes

Oh okay.

2 Likes

I’m surprised anyone is surprised. Bendy Helryx could never be allowed to win, unless it had had some hundreds of votes worth of lead. This is entirely expected, and perhaps for the best. Entry 2 was my favourite of the serious entries, and will make a good contribution to the canon in the style of Krakua. Still, it’s a shame that things had to be dealt with in this manner - in many ways, simply copping the Bendy Helryx victory and accepting that the ‘Bionicle Community’ (inasmuch as there really is such a cohesive-sounding thing) likes a joke, might have been the way forward. Ah well - let us see how things go from here.

15 Likes

I didn’t say it was a joke. I said that it was a meme. You can’t deny that it gathered a huge following because of its meme status.

4 Likes

What an experience this has been (and continues to be). A huge congrats to @TheUnderscoredDouble !

5 Likes

But it was taken as one.

1 Like

Well done, everyone, and a heartfelt thank-you to those of you who responded to my request to vote alongside me!

13 Likes

Curious how Poll Once took a longer time to vet than Poll Doce, there is a bit of questionable practise by the extending of the time, as well as changes with the goals of being able to vote. Not to mention many of potential voters from peoples irl spheres not being aware that they would have to answer PM’s after voting.

5 Likes

I make all online forum accounts using disposable e-mail addresses for security and privacy purposes. Was my vote discarded just for valuing my privacy? What the hell?

9 Likes

What an absolute travesty, invaliding the votes of 71 BendyChads is inexcusable to the Bionicle community. Greg will see this mockery of the Bionicle canon and curse us all. Never again will we see such creativity and inspiration, all due to people unable to comprehend the glory of hoseryx. We as a community are simply not high IQ enough for Greg or bendyrx…

7 Likes