The First: MOC Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1)

2 was the only close one pretty much because people saw it as their only saving grace from a bendryx steamroll, therefore the desperate people willing to spam would target 2.

3 Likes

It does rely on their word, but it does not seem enough at this moment. Transparency would help immensely.

Also, what you posted seems very interesting. I heard someone here mention that in a previous contest, Double only won after the votes were vetted. Is this true?

1 Like

This poll was literally posted all over 4chan and god knows where else on the internet. I saw a topic encouraging fraud votes on at least 4 different boards, with at least 3 topics after the last died on /b/ alone. Others being /s4s/, /r9k/ and /toy/. And thats just the ones i saw with my own eyes. I didnt think Bionicle would be such a hot button topic. I was surprised to see hundreds of replies to these topic threads. Mainly people talking about how they did their part in meming no6 in. 70 is a very likely number of fake entries.

13 Likes

I think Godzilla has a right to voice concerns while the vetting process is still largely kept secret.

1 Like

ā€¦
Really?

1 Like

I agree. Just be transparent with us. It can only shut down the discussion of voter fraud if they just showed us whose votes were removed. Unless they are guilty or it can be revealed that some more sketchy decisions were made during the tallying process.

1 Like

Yes, as a matter of fact I do.

3 Likes

It was during the last poll too noone complained.

2 Likes

I wonā€™t rejoice. Unlike you, or others here, I did not spend the entire contest asking for rules to be changed, entries to be disqualified. And frankly, I am fully in support of Doubleā€™s win if it was legitimate,

Excuse me for wanting some transparency in a vote that moderators had a stake in, excuse me for simply asking for a list of the voters left over, so that this mess can be resolved amicably and people interested can confirm the voteā€™s legitimacy themselves.

8 Likes

Well, the winner does not have CCBS nor looks completely alien next to actual sets so I can live with that

2 Likes

Maybe they should have.

I must admit that I share yours and everyoneā€™s surprise @Payinkuā€“I honestly did not expect this either. But I do, unfortunately, believe that it is plausible for that many fraudulent accounts to be made, and not simply on this issue alone. It seems a common thing across the Internet, sadly. I am very surprised it went that far, thoughā€¦

Regardless, I wanted to reach out to you specifically and say that I enjoyed our debates over this contest. You made a fine case for your defense of Hoseryx, and you remained respectful throughout our discussions, as I also tried to. Now we can both share in our surprise at the outcomeā€¦

Finally, as a general note, congratulations to @TheUnderscoredDouble for winning the contest! I look forward to interpreting your entry in art form, as well as to the other artwork that will invariably come from it!

Also, to @Giratina, even though I did not vote for your entry, thank you for providing a MOC that was both entertaining and controversial, and which inspired many fans to create great artwork. Your entry put up a good fight, and we will all certainly remember it!

6 Likes

They have explained why they cannot disclose everything.

Because out of all the votes, only 6 were removed from Entry 6, 1 removed from the runner up. This is much, much more severe of a vote loss.

So when will the ā€œCouncil of Great Beingsā€ announce their picks for the remaining contests?

Iā€™d rather know if I was selected now or not, before I decide to participate.

4 Likes

We cannot do this because the delta could potentially be used to target and harass the fraud voters. Much as I dislike what theyā€™ve done, thatā€™s not something we can abet, intentionally or otherwise.

22 Likes

They would have complained if there was any suspicion of tampering with the votes, there werenā€™t any then and there arenā€™t any now.
Also alot of people who asked for rules changes specifically stated thst they would be applied to future contests. I rest my case

Dohā€¦ yeah, thatā€™ll do it.

2 Likes

While Iā€™m sad that I wonā€™t get to witness the utter chaos that would ensue should Bendy have won, now joke entries wonā€™t cause any problems going forward and everyone who was worried that Bendy would have thrown anything off can stop worrying, since they apparently canā€™t even win regardless.

3 Likes

People like you should manage the contest.