The First: MOC Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1)

They said they cannot disclose their methods, as others would attempt to circumvent them. Firstly, the voting methods will already be revised. Many people have already made statements about changing the vote to blind, ranked voting (Even I did), and as such, the methods used now would nearly certainly be next to useless.

Even if we ignore that, this would not reveal their methods. A simple reveal of the voters left over would let people investigate the supposed fraudulant accounts themselves, PM them themselves and ask them. In no way would that reveal their methods, it’d only serve to help others find out who exactly were removed and put an end to this whole mess.

1 Like

Congrats to the winner!
Not my top choice but it clearly united the community, and its simplicity allows for a lot of interpretations in the art portion. I’m looking forward to it.

Pretty shocking the number of fake votes this got, but at least we can be reassured that TTV’s detection method is smarter than the cheaters.

3 Likes

Again, please stop being disingenuous. It was a funny joke, but it got out of hand, and had a serious butterfly effect on the whole contest. The creator saying it’s not a joke is clearly irony.

6 Likes

Just wanted to pop in to say congrats to the winner and thanks to everyone for entering and/or voting

10 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure another joke couldn’t win.

7 Likes

I think we need to clarify what the Mods (the TTV cast, not us regular mods) would get if they rigged a vote in their favor:

Nothing, except for their personal choice winning. Not a great incentive to rig a competition. If they got some form of compensation, or they secretly designed the MOC, then different story. But they don’t get anything out of one entry winning over the other.

So let’s stop using phrases like “stake in” because it makes it seem like TTV are the ones that created the MOC in question or something.

13 Likes

Pretty sure the community is more divided than ever for a contest we didn’t really need.

1 Like

But if they’re bots then no one would actually be getting harassed. Anyone who tried would be talking to a brick wall.

You realize that this would create a bigger mess and complicate things much more than needed. You create more variables and stir the pot even further, and it will become more of a manhunt than anything.

13 Likes

but if they’re fake accounts, no one would be receiving harassment lol what? how does that make sense? Unless if there were actual real accounts were removed then the harassment statement is a non-issue.

2 Likes

So you’ve decided they’re fraud votes made under fake identities yet you feel it necessary to keep them anonymous. This does not make sense to me…

2 Likes

I’m confused by what you’re suggesting. If you release the account names of the fake accounts that made fake votes you’re worried people will harass them? If they’re fake accounts then surely there are no real people behind them attending the account to receive the harassment in the first place.

2 Likes

Even fraudulent votes aside right, I wonder how many people changed their votes to 2 out of spite or were convinced to change their vote from certain brigadiers for #2, those would be legitimate voters gained through illegitimate means.

what, the people you think are fake emails and bots?

we know about the council you know.

1 Like

Congratulations Double!

2 Likes

Who are you to decide that?
@prentice1215 They’d have their own choice winning. If they dislike the winner, that incentive might be enough.
@Ven How so? At worst, 71 different accounts confirm that yes, they are real. At best, nothing happens, no one responds, and we all rest easy knowing that the accounts were indeed fake.

How in any way would that stir the pot? The accounts, according to the poll, are apparently fake. What is the trouble in messaging them if they are not real? If it’s an issue of overloading the website, simply limit PMs at a time or tell people to stop, that has happened before according to what I read in the Guidelines.

Tfw the poll revived Ven from the dead.

10 Likes

In order to win, such a joke MOC would need to be not only funnier than Bendy, but also original and not just a rehash of the existing joke, either from the “so bad it’s good” angle or the reference to the character’s description–and it’s kinda hard to go up from the original.

7 Likes

you can only lurk for so long until things get stupid

15 Likes

What council? Is there a council? If there is, can you achieve the rank of master?

/s

8 Likes

I’m not deciding that. It’s just the truth and people are being dishonest here for the sake of a joke.