The First: MOC Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1)

Ah yes, so arguing for a contest to be reset due to disliking the entry is fine, but arguing that there should be at least a modicum of transparency in the vetting of the votes when the winner has had this issue happen before is not?

How would revealing the voters left over change anything? People PMing those who were deemed “fake” would be harassing no one at all. And if they all end up being real, well then there’s a much bigger issue there.

In this current state people feel skeptical,wouldn’t it be the wise choice to give them what they want to see? (People already know who voted on who judging by the clearky visible pfps and nametags on the poll, it’s strange ttv decides to keep all the votes hidden after the contest and not since the beginning)

I certainly wonder this as well. IMO, it’s always unfortunate when people feel they have to choose something they don’t prefer to simply help it beat something they don’t want to win. It’s not an ideal situation in any case…

But hey, you can at least rest assured that I didn’t change my vote to #2…I stubbornly stuck with Galva’s MOC the whole way…

4 Likes

I can’t blame whichever mod deleted my post there. T’was a terrible joke and I apologise.

2 Likes

“I’m not deciding that, it’s just the truth”

If the creator themselves said they were being ironic, I will take that back. Again, it doesn’t matter to me if Bendryx lost. What matters to me is transparency. If the creator was being ironic, then that’s okay, and I take back what I said. But no one has yet proven that to me, and I’d be glad if someone did.

1 Like

If you’re referring to the Council of the Great Beings that involve the heads of different groups including myself, I will freely admit that we have been discussing this contest ongoing as it went.

Never once did anything said in this particular group influence the outcome of this vote. I can promise if it had, there would likely be a very different winner with our own biases.

15 Likes

Seems more personal than that

1 Like

Just as an FYI, @TakumaNuva and @Ven were not involved in the direct vetting process. That doesn’t mean they’re not entitled to their opinions and views, but that rationale is not shared by everybody, let alone those who actually personally vetted the accounts.

Just my two cents.

20 Likes

I don’t understand why everybody is surprised by the amount of votes removed. Even if 6 had won I would have still expected it to have, by far the most fraudulent acounts connected to it.

5 Likes

By that logic there’s no reason to think the vote was rigged by anyone and nothing should ever be vetted, but of course that’s foolish.

1 Like

Congrats @TheUnderscoredDouble!! :smiley: I loved your entry. :slight_smile:

I’m excited to see Entry 2 win, and I was also a fan of Hoseryx. After all, just like a firehose, Hoseryx can shoot Water from the ends of the hoses. :wink:

3 Likes

#6–409–338 (lost 71)
#2–377–357 (lost 20)
#5–157–141 (lost 16)
#4–92–88 (lost 4)
#3–62–56 (lost 6)
#1–38–38 (lost 0)

11 Likes

Yea, my favorite was this one, so if I was gonna use my “bias” to skyrocket anything it would’ve been that.

F

21 Likes

Does this mean #1 is the true winner?

3 Likes

In the sense of being the most honest.

2 Likes

You know, deleting my post only makes me more suspicious right?

Number 3 is the true winner in my heart. A shame that the whole Hoseryx debacle had to overshadow every entry besides 2 and 6

2 Likes

It really isn’t? Unlike others, I did not complain about the contest the entire time, and I am perfectly okay with her losing. I simply ask for transparency from the vetted voters. How is that an issue?
@Mesonak For clarification, what does TakumaNuva mean by the Delta? If people PMd the vetted accounts, that doesn’t seem like it’d lead to an issue at all. And the voters were clearly visible earlier in the contest.

Aw, shucks :blush:

1 Like

I have no issue believing that, based purely on that one Twitter post.