The First: MOC Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1)

That quote takes the context out of the statement. TTV has no incentive to rig this competition as the admins because they get nothing in return.

Fans of Hoseryx or TTV haters have/had something to gain by rigging the competition, the satisfaction of “getting one over” the other guy or “the man”. Or just to do it for a laugh. And that’s different than TTV’s position since they’re not the ones in charge, they’re a meme army or disgruntled BIONICLE fans.

9 Likes

I’d say we should offer entry 1 the winning vote, it was the only honest one.

2 Likes

So the satisfaction of your choice winning is good enough reason for people to rig a vote but NOT good enough reason for admins (who are also people) to rig a vote? It’s just not consistent logic. I’m not even saying the votes shouldn’t have been vetted, I’m just saying it’s silly to say on the one hand that a forum poll gives no one a reason to rig anything while accusing people of rigging it from the other hand.

3 Likes

So I’ve come here to find that the poll has been vetoed by 71 votes. While I believe some votes were vetted due to dupes, I would like to see a list of the dupes because of the fact that if they’re dupes, no one would harass the accounts anyway, and if they did, they would be dead, banned accounts. Another question I have to ask if someone made a dupe, did both of their accounts votes get deleted?

2 Likes

Ah, I see you are a man of culture.

4 Likes

Joking aside, I am rather satisfied with the victor being entry #2. The contest managed to still bring lots of people together for fun times, and in spite of negativity being a factor, there has also been lots of positivity which has been buried underneath all the messaging on these messageboards.

On another note though, I do not understand why it is delete worthy in the opinion of the mods when joking about “the council”, as it is a rather silly thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

I know a we have people defending 6, but tbh, I feel like if 6 had won and others asked about the fraudulent votes by fake accounts, they would probably just tell them to accept it’s victory.

6 Likes

I would still ask for transparency.

but let’s be honest, there’s no way they would have rigged the vote in favor of #6.

1 Like

I am satisfied with 2 as well, because MOCs like number 3 and number 5 had tons of flaws.

2 Likes

They’d make 6 lose, for one, and they themselves voted for 2 (the winner). If they’d get nothing out of it, why even vote?

And at this point I don’t care as much about Bendryx specifically losing. I’m fine with losing a contest normally. But I care about moderator transparancy. Pray tell, what would be the issue in releasing the list of the voters who had their votes removed, or just the ones that did not?
You can’t harass something that doesn’t exist. You can’t harass a fake email. And you can’t harass a throwaway account. What would be wrong with PMing those accounts to check if they were fake?

@C0pperSc0rpi0n If the situation right now was reversed I’d be saying the exact same things I am saying now. Regardless of contest bia I am one for fairness and sportsmanship, and you can see my post history to check that. I do not support duplicate accounts, I do not support things just because “my favorite entry won”, because I hold my integrity for fair competition above a toy losing or winning. That is why I ask for a list of the voters who were veto’d out of the vote total.

1 Like

Transparency of process and outcome is always important.

1 Like

No i would still ask for proof.

The Gregorys are liking their own posts.

11 Likes

Ay, looks like you got a secret admirer.

Nice job gaining a little clout there, man. Proud of ya.

23 Likes

Dunno, we haven’t lived through that process, so we can’t be 100% sure that you would still follow those words. Just one of the hypotheticals. We can say we wouldn’t, but we wouldn’t know unless we lived in that reality.

1 Like

dang, that’s impressive

3 Likes

I was going to point out the sudden proliferation of Gregs, but I was half-seriously wondering if I was hallucinating…

7 Likes

Well they won’t release a list of names so you never know what’s the truth

2 Likes

Already saw it on /biog/. I’m quite proud of myself too!

1 Like

The logic is consistent because the two sides are not equal.

In this instance, TTV are more than just BIONICLE fans voting in a contest. They’re the admins. They actually have more to lose than random people voting because rigging the competition in their favor risks invalidating the contest and ruining their reputation. This makes the incentive to not rig the contest greater than to rig it just so their favorite pick will win.

The randoms creating dupes to vote for their favorite don’t have that kind of responsibility or consequences dangling over them. They can rig the competition and won’t face any consequences despite getting their accounts on the site banned. Low stakes compared to well-known members of the community potentially losing their reputation and respect they’ve garnered over years.

6 Likes