The First: MOC Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1)

God tier ngl, Would love propaganda Mocs. The creative power is limitless lol

3 Likes

Agreed, which is why we should be discussing what IS happening instead of what COULD have happened.

True, but as it stands, what exactly would be wrong with releasing a list of the voters left over/the voters who were removed?
Please tell me. Harassment can’t be one of them, how could you harass people who, apparently, do not exist?

A clone army of Gregs will soon overtake us all.

11 Likes

Fair enough, but if there’s no foul play then what’s the harm in transparency? Literally what do they have to lose other than appeasing people’s skepticism and proving the process was legit?

1 Like

Because at the end of the day they’re also BIONICLE fans and they do have opinions.

Although, perhaps in the future for transparency, TTV Cast and Staff should refrain from voting if this really is that big of an issue.

4 Likes

Many thanks. Not surprised #6 had so many more than the rest considering what’s been going on, but honestly surprised that all but #1 have any at all.

That is fine. I accept that.

But again, what exactly would be wrong with revealing a list of those who had their votes removed, or a list of those who did not?

1 Like

I didn’t say I was against it, I was just saying that I’m not sure if the words of would have stuck the same had it been the other way around. But that’s me dropping my piece. Bless the contest anyways, regardless of the outcome, it still allows a lot of people to be more interactive in here, including me, who originally was only here for the G2 Makuta t-■■■■■ lol.

3 Likes

I didn’t have anything to do with the vetting process, so I can’t speak to it. I know just as much as any other non-cast members here.

I’ll let the cast answer that one.

1 Like

Just throwing this out there:
In order to placate people concerned about the fairness of this contest, while still not revealing publicly the method TTV uses to vet accounts, is there anyone who:

1. Voted for #6
  2. TTV trusts enough to reveal their vetting process to while still keeping it secret
  3. A significant number of people who voted for #6 would trust when they say, “While I can’t reveal the vetting process, I can confirm that, as far as I can tell, it seems fair enough.”

Kind of a long shot, and we all have better things to do with our time, but this is the closest thing to a compromise that I can think of right now.

If anything, that’s kind of less transparency; we’d lack the ability to even tell which entries the cast might supposedly have bias towards, and everyone would just assume it’s the entry that won.

5 Likes

That’s not a bad idea, but it still wouldn’t remove the need for transparency in any event where votes are removed or altered by them. Bias can still exist even if you don’t cast an actual vote in the poll.

1 Like

@Eljay get some sleep

9 Likes

That’s fair. I too am glad at the new interactions, even if not all were positive.
@BrickfilmNut They don’t have to release the vetting process. There is no need to. All they have to do is have a list of those who voted and were removed.
Then, literally anyone who wonders about the results could PM them themselves and find out for themselves. It’s an easy solution.

I’d like to propose a suggestion to deal with the whole “rigging” debacle:

When something like this happens in elections, they often hold a run-off vote. My proposal would be to have another poll, with just #2 and #6, to determine the final outcome. This can also help prevent an entry from winning with a simple majority-- the final winner would have more than 50% of the vote.

This is just a suggestion, I can understand why they might not want to do this, but they’ve shown they are open to suggestions for improvement.

8 Likes

Already suggested this earlier so I second it.

They should have done this, I think

2 Likes

I’m surprised this wasn’t the original plan tbh.

4 Likes

I mean, the RSG people especially in the “council” were very strongly pushing for a way to make sure one specific moc DIDN’T win. To the point that they were worried folks would stop buying from them if the general community knew they were trying to influence the direction of the contest. No one is saying specifically that there was a conspiracy to make sure a specific moc WON, but to deny there was a concerted effort to try and make sure one moc DIDN’T win is absurd.

14 Likes

I had a suggestion in the last poll, mine was simply sending the 6 of them or the top 3 to Greg and have him pick on his own to decide what he would have preferred. That way it remains with a complete outsider, though looking back at how the final evaluations would happen, I’m not sure if that’s plausible.

1 Like