The Five Visitors [Bio-Cup 2022 Round 2 Entry]

Well…we tried our best and it wasn’t enough…as soon as the foremost member of my bracket posted, I knew I was a dead man walking, he was the same man who eliminated my brother, I failed you @Eilrach :sob:

But here we are, shackles broken, with Mocs built, experience gained and maybe some friends along the way. That’s the true meaning of a contest as such.

And I certainly learnt a lesson, don’t run away from your fears. My fear is building characters and that is rather essential to Bio-Cup from what I’ve seen, so I think I know what I need to practice until next time…

The Five Visitors | "And that is why we always double-check … | Flickr

“And that is why we always double-check galactic coordinates before pressing send.”

-[REDACTED], head of the 5th Boraelic Pentortal Project.

C&C Welcome

(Post credits scene) “My goal is to make it one round further each time and so far I’m tracking along…#Axelsweep2024

31 Likes

Ah this is very cool looking. I like the colors and the parts use.

4 Likes

oo that looks great!
tho it is a little tricky to see the aliens

4 Likes

Exactly my thoughts myself. Wish I had upped the brightness and posed the middle one better. It was factors like this made me know I wouldn’t win. but that’s the cost of last minute photography, no second goes!

6 Likes

The use of brick separators as the rims of the portal is really cool. Although perhaps the aliens could’ve been a more contrasting colour.

1 Like

Yeah, the body of the one alien is rough. But the rest of build turned out alright. I don’t know how I feel about the neon orange against the yellow when teal is such a heavy color; it doesn’t look as nice as the areas where it’s against darker colors.

Good photo setup, by the way. This picture came out nice.

1 Like

Yeah I made him in like the hour before the deadline, was just so out of ideas…I should have just made it an amogus type alien, just two tiny legs or something.

You should love it obviously! I added it last minute and I think it did bridge the transition between portal and frame.

Yeah I took it on a bed, tapped a red Supreme T-Shirt against black paper which in turn was taped up against a washing bucket. All facing a window which had the last of the light.

4 Likes

Uhhhh… Noice moc.

Would you like to elaborate on your statement? I welcome C&C after all.

3 Likes

I find the aliens a bit hard to read. The heads were a nice concept but kinda just look like… things.

Otherwise, this is a great moc!

1 Like

See, I get that and agree. And as soon as it was over I started replaying the last day leading up to it and how I could have chosen a different design :pensive:

Part of me thinks I got lucky with an easy RR1 Bracket and a low-key eureka moment in prelims and I cannot help but wonder that this was a one off opportunity and that next year may be hard :stuck_out_tongue: But that’s why I think I need to really start practicing building and photo editing.

2 Likes

and coming up with puns

3 Likes

The hydraulic lift with Bohrok necks is really neat.

3 Likes

Nice moc what was the theme?

1 Like

the theme was five

You did a good job on these Axelford, I like the use of the Skrall blades as heads.

3 Likes

Kinda drew a blank but the lesson I learnt is that you can really stretch the theme.

Thanks! I picked them up and got fixated on using them…which was sort of to my detriment as they blended in with the black frame etc. Still, it was worth it and I am so hyped for 2023 and for trying to improve my character builds until then.

5 Likes