The Fold: Ninjago Music

I would assume most of us know who they are, but in case you don’t The Fold is the band that produces the music for the Ninjago TV show. They also make songs outside of the Ninjago theme. I personally have only listened to the Ninjago songs, but from what I’ve heard, their other songs are pretty good.
Post your thoughts on the band and their music!
Here is a list of their Ninjago songs:

The Weekend Whip
Born to be a Ninja
Ninja-Go!
AWESOME
The Weekend Whip (Rebooted)
After the Blackout
Full Digital
We are Ninja!
Spinning Out in Color
Eye of the Storm
The Weekend Whip (Anacondrai) (Techno Tournament)
21st Century Ninja
The Ninja Roll
Back To Ninjago
Enter the Tournament

Here’s my thoughts. Since I have only heard the Ninjago songs, I can only speak for those, but I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every one of them they have released so far. My top picks would have to be Ninja-Go!, Spinning Out in Color, and The Weekend Whip, all of which have gotten stuck in my head for months at some point in time. After the Blackout, AWESOME and Eye of the Storm would all be runner-ups for an extended top 5. Regardless of my favorites, I really consider all of them very good, and fun to listen to anytime.
-Oonie

2 Likes

My top five goes something like

1: Full Digital
2: Spinning Out in Color
3: After the Blackout
4: Weekend Whip
5: A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Of their Non-Ninjago songs, I liked a lot of their last Album, and Neverender.

1 Like

Am listening to your faves list.

I gotta say I actually really like these.

Full Digital: Maybe not my favorite, but I gotta appreciate it for how much it ties into the story (makes me wonder what kind of songs we’ll get for the cult theme next year).

Spinning Out in Color: Better than Full Digital, in my opinion. The intro is great.
that disco Zane battle in the official music vid tho

After the Blackout: Favorite one here. I don’t have much to say about it because of that.

Weekend Whip: Probably my least favorite one, tied with A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I just don’t really like the songs. Nothing against them, just not my style.

Overall, I like quite a few of their songs, and I enjoy their style, especially when it is based on something I like.

2 Likes

I really like their music for Ninjago (and their other stuff).

These are probs my fav

The only one I really know is TWW

(I’m a Ninjago G1er)

New song released for Ninja Day!
Weekend Whip Tournament Remix

My two cents, I was a bit skeptical about this one, but after a couple of listens, it grew on me like all of the other songs, figures. XP I like it, the techno-jungle mix was a bit odd at first, but the overall theme fits actually pretty well together. Personal opinion: Better than the Rebooted mix, but the original still reigns supreme.
-Oonie

3 Likes

I like it
Like, it goes with that cult theme
because of that chanting thing at the beginning
certainly not my favourite, but I still like it

2 Likes

This is pretty legit
Perfect trailer music
The dubstep part is out of place though.

1 Like

Gotta just echo this.

Although I did like the dubstep. I enjoy it in small doses.

Not when it provides a diametric opposition to Ominous Latin Chanting…

One of those things that’s hard to do right.

Not electronic stuff per se, but dubstep, against choral.

This is true.

I just liked it on its own, not referring to the beginning or end of the song, but just on its own.

My Favorite Ninjago Songs (Not in Order):

Spinning Out in Color
After The Blackout
AWESOME
Tournament Whip Remix

Favorite Non-Ninjago Songs (Not in Order):

(This Too Shall Pass):
Gravity
The Title Track

(Secrets Keep You Sick):
Medicine
Younger Than Our Years
Your Secrets Keep You Sick
New Skeptic
Catastrophe!
Down In Doubt And Living Without

(Dear Future, Come Get Me):
Dear Future
Red Wine
Neverender

(Moving Past)
All Songs except “Engine No. 22”

I have listened to every single The Fold Song that has been released so far and all of them are good in their own way

1 Like

Well, let’s be fair here. This one’s just album filler anyway.

true true but it is still my least favorite on the album

BTW, this list has been updated now that I like, know the newer songs from the 2015 season.

My top 10 goes something like…

10: A-W-E-S-O-M-E(Guilty pleasure more than anything)
9: 21st Century Ninja
8: The Weekend Whip
7: The Ninja Roll
6: After the Blackout
5: Enter the Tournament
4: Eye of the Storm
3: Spinnin’ Out In Color
2: Full Digital
1: Back to Ninjago

2 Likes

Gosh, there are SO MANY SONGS! So many, that it’s nearly impossible for me to list them all together. So I’ll just list my favorites from each season, as well as my favorite remixes(I’m not gonna include the Season 7 songs, because I am TRYING SO HARD to not listen to them, because listening to them will cause me to think of season 7, which will lead me to loosing my sanity. So for sanity’s sake, until Season 7 begins airing on May 15th, I will not include the Season 7 songs :stuck_out_tongue:). And since the Original Weekend whip counts as a song, I won’t be putting the original Weekend whip on the list of Remixes. :stuck_out_tongue: Also, I am LITERALLY re-listening to the songs as I make these lists. :stuck_out_tongue:
First, the remixes:

5: Rebooted Remix: It was pretty decent for the season it was meant to represent, but, it just felt too mixed up. :stuck_out_tongue:
4: Tournament Whip/Anacondrai Remix: Similar reason to Rebooted, but it does seem a bit better.
3: Ghost Whip: This version REALLY gives that spooky vibe that Possession is meant to have, and the only difference between this and the original in terms of lyrics, is that the last verse is replaced by a longer instrumental segment in the Ghost Whip.
2: Pirate Whip: Like the Ghost Whip, this one REALLY has that pirate feel to it, and is much closer to the original lyrics with the main differences being the first 2 verses are mixed together, and they change the last verse to a more pirate feel.
1: Rift Whip: Honestly, this one gives off a more spooky vibe with it’s echoes and the music. The main difference between this and the original is that the chorus appears before the first verse, and that parts are replayed more than others, which is also, what the Rebooted and Anacondrai remixes did, but the Rift Whip does it in a much better way. :wink:

Now for the songs, and these are being grouped by season/year. :wink:

Pilots/Seasons 1 & 2:
4: Born To Be a Ninja(Just the awesomeness and mentions how the ninja were just average dudes, until Sensei Wu found them. ;))
3: A-W-E-S-O-M-E!(I do like the “We’re young!/Let’s have fun!” bits in it, kind of relates to episode 18: Child’s Play, in a way. :stuck_out_tongue: Also gives the fans a way to describe the awesomeness of something. :P)
2: Ninja, Go!(Was the 2nd song to appear in the show, appearing in episode 14: Darkness Shall Rise, and actually highlights elements of the show at the time, (Lord Garmadon, Spinjiztu, Sensei Wu, Serpentine, Dragons))

1. The Weekend Whip(Dude, this is the THEME SONG for Ninjago. It’s been around since the Pilots. You basically identify Ninjago with this song. :wink: Also, that original Music video, my favorite part was when the kid actually ended up going into Ninjago. :stuck_out_tongue: As I saw one Ninjago meme say, “I wish I had a portal to Ninjago in my house.” :P)

Season 3:
5: After the Blackout(Very fitting for the tone of Rebooted)
4: Full Digital (Very catchy and tells the general story of Rebooted, also, back in late 2014, this song was revealed to have some hints towards season 4. :P)
3: We Are Ninja (like the others, tells the general situation of the season, and with it’s release alongside a sneak peak of episode 33, tells what their facing, and how far the Ninja have come, and has that up beat feeling. :P)
2: Spinning Out In Color(I just LOVE the fan video done for it, and I hope they do another one sometime in the future, cause I’m am still REALLY bummed that I missed out on it :frowning: )
1: Eye of the Storm(It is just so up beat and has that vibe of calling upon the fandom, uniting all the fans to help the Ninja defeat the Overlord! :P)

Season 4:
4: Enter the Tournament(Basically tells the general feel of the Tournament, and the season itself also uses audio from the season in it. :P)
3: The Ninja Roll(This song is mostly centered around the episode of the same name Episode 38: Ninja Roll, and has a pretty catchy beat to it, and would like to point out, that in the music video, they were filming that music video on very shaky attic. :stuck_out_tongue: So, that’s why you may notice the camera shaking a lot, because the floor is shaking. :stuck_out_tongue: also that one part " and you can tell Master Chen/Ninjago City gonna represent" just beautiful. :P)
2: 21st Century Ninja(Got that nice drum beat to it, and whenever I dance to the chorus of it, I’m always doing some of my karate/tae kwon do moves in it like they do in the music video. Also, the ref in that, is actually supposed to be Sensei Garmadon, and as someone pointed out in the Google Hangouts that TheFold had, back in 2015, there was that Red vs Blue feel. :P)
1: Back to Ninjago(Dude, this song, is just SO AWESOME! It tells the general story of the season, yet is so awesome! Just listen to it and you will see. :P)

Season 6:
2: Bring on the Pirates(has that Pirate feel, tells the threat of Nadakahn, how the Ninja team is, one by one, getting held captive in the Sword of Souls, and also the Pirates vs Ninja bits there. Plus, I actually happen to have one of the 2 flags that were used in the Music Video :P)
1: We Are Ninjago(Ok, this is the theme for the Wu Cru, and the Lyrics REALLY tell it. It’s also got that vibe of calling upon the fandom vibe that Eye of the Storm had, uniting the fans to face evil! :D)

Day of the Departed:
2: Close The Circle(Tells the basic story of the special, with Cole’s dilemma, along with a mysterious sounding music behind it on the verses, and the chorus just sounds awesome! :D)
1: Day of the Departed(I just had to put this here, because of just the nice, spooky, yet awesome-sounding music, how the music video reflects it, and tells the other side of the story of the special. Also, the fact that there is actually a TTV parody now, that I believe was started by WOLKsite. :stuck_out_tongue: And MAN is the parody fitting. :P)

That’s all for now, when Season 7 airs in the US on May 15th, I’ll add those to the lists. :stuck_out_tongue: