The FROST BEAST

A revamp of the set 44011 from Hero Factory. Built for the Masterpiece Monthly Contest, with the theme of “Monsters”.

This is my second Titan Build using the Bignicle frame. I think I like this one even better than my first Titan.

57 Likes

This is a great Moc, don’t get me wrong, but I think by using a premade frame it’s lost most of Frost Beast’s personality. The short, stocky limbs, the single giant arm, the unnecessarily broad shoulders, the random red spikes, his head so low down it looks like part of his torso. This one’s actually… proportional. It’s just some muscular dude with Frost Beast’s head.

Maybe Frost Beast after he hit the gym.

Again, very nice Moc, but not really Frost Beast in my opinion.

7 Likes

I mean, I intended this as more of a re-imagining of the set’s general concept rather than a faithful remake.

5 Likes

I agree with this, but that doesn’t change the fact that this is still an amazing build.

My favourite part is the Frost Beast face/Gelu helmet combo. That works really well.

The blue knees also flow into the rest of the build really well.

5 Likes

Actually, the knees are my one big complaint with the moc. Might just be that the black blends in with the background, but the knees look like they’re not connected at all.

They are fully connected. The black blending with the background is the problem.

Excellent use of the Strakk masks as kneepads, and the Gelu helmet and Frost Beast face combination is fantastic. It looks really solidly built overall, well done!

3 Likes

Did you use a pre existing frame someone else made? Because if so I would very much like to find said frame to help me with my titan builds. Overall very good job on this. It definitely doesn’t feel like the original frost beast but it definitely screams ice monster to me.

1 Like

Yes, I used the Bignicle frame, here is the Instagram page for it, where you can also find its instructions:

2 Likes

Awesome! One quick question, how would one put armor over the midsection of the torso since there are just pistons there and nothing else?

Wow, that’s really solid. Good job using a brain attack face without a brain.

(Also, the ice shoulders/kneecaps are really awesome. There’s good part usage all over this guy).

I will also agree, however, with the sentiment that it loses the short/stocky character of the original build. That’s fine for a reinterpretation, but it definitely feels like a “different” Frost Beast, for better or worse.

Big fan, though. It’s very cool.

2 Likes

This is phenomenal. The leg design in particular, wow!

Do you have more pics of it? I’d love to see more angles.

2 Likes

When he lifts his knee, the cold, dead eyes of Strakk stare into your eyes, ripping apart your very consciousness…

2 Likes

Sure, here are a couple more pictures:

3 Likes

Fantastic. Yeah those legs are really something else. From all sides they look great.

1 Like

Man that head is genius.

1 Like

A guy on Instagram known as equs_lego_heroes added this very nice background to my MOC:

5 Likes