The Guardians (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

These are my Toa Hagah contest entries. I chose the 3-3 Split to make two teams each for one side of Teridaxs throne room.

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes

Kualus:

Entry Photo

Front side and back

Breakdown

Pouks:

Entry Photo:

F,S&B

Breakdown

Bomonga:

Entry Photo

F,S&B

Breakdown

Gaaki:

Entry Photo

F,S&B

Breakdown

Size and Teamshot

I hope that a comparisson with Whenua isnt needed since all are about Iruinis size.

Thank you for looking at these.

Edit: They All can use their gear functions.
Edit2: Gaakis torso is (still) using @THE_DOOR_OPENER’s backwards torso

17 Likes

Nice job, the only thing I really don’t like is the Keetorange on Bomonga. It looks out of place.

1 Like

Ok thanks

Ok yeah it is kinda weird.

Ok nice

1 Like

Metru blue and medium blue on Gaaki works really well I think
Kualus is really good too, really like the use of the Tahu 2008 blade piece.

1 Like

Other than the aforementioned keetorange weirdness, the trans-blue accent pieces on Kualus’ spear and Bomonga’s mask seem out of place to me. As well, the waist fan cape on Pouks is maybe a little too unique to have him fit in with the rest of the team. These images may be made stronger if you can put them into a group shot together- just as a suggestion. Beyond this, I think you did a very nice job finding a set of different armaments to make each one unique but recognizable. Good luck.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I have to agree with the flame-yellowish orange being odd, but otherwise these look good. I’m not entirely sold on Kualus’s spike armor or Pouks’s sword pants (the proper name escapes me…), but I quite like Gaaki’s colors and especially her Barraki-tooth spear.

2 Likes

Very nice! I especially like Pouks’ kama, and Bomonga’s chest armor.

2 Likes

Does this count? I could try to do another one if you want.

Yeah that’s only because I don’t really have any good metru leg connector pieces that would work. (Red, dark red, lime, dark green, grey, blue)

That’s to make him less boring. With the original design he was really uninteresting.

Ok same as with Kualus he would be too bland due to me having no motivation to paint my pieces I have got a really low amount of possible parts to use for him.

Thank you

Glad you like it

Thanks. I chose the Barraki piece since the characters it came from are connected with water and Teridax.

Thank you

3 Likes

That group shot looks much better. Teridax looks weirder than I thought without the mask of shadows. Great job!

2 Likes

Ok.
that’s a pretty good picture

1 Like

Thank you

Kualus:
Ooh, the little dark blue on the spere is a nice touch! I also like the snowflake chest plate. The upper leg armor is nice, too.

Pouks
I am personally not a fan of the cape/waist coat. Other than that, it’s decent.

Bomonga:
Okay, personal bias speaking: I’ve never cared for Keetorange as a color, as I don’t think it goes well with much else. Black and keetorange is fine, but when you add in gold (and I think it would apply with any mettalic), it doesn’t work as well. I do like the Iruini chest plate and the lowe leg add-on, though.

Gaaki
Not bad, I like the use of light blue as an accent color. Kinda wish the hands were light blue to match, but that’s a minor nitpick. Also, the spear tip feels a bit too big.

1 Like

The hands were originally light blue. But I wasnt to sure what the rules say about that

Thanks

Yeah i dont have four black “metru” dual sockets and i didnt think my other colors would work.

Thanks. People seem split on the coat some really like it and some dont.

Length wise its the same as iruinis but yeah it is kinda wide.

Neateo, good luck

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

So, Meso and I discussed an aspect of these entries that were brought to our attention - the mismatched gold on the spear tips.

As of now, we’re allowing them to move forward as long as you continue to give permission for them to change. That goes for anyone. If they aren’t allowed to be changed, they aren’t allowed to be mismatched.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Great thank you. That helps a lot.

1 Like

Kualus and Pouks look awesome!

1 Like

Thanks