The Hunter in the Shadows

I felt like drawing Umarak. Not really much to say.

So, lemme know what you think! Do you like it? Do you dislike it? Or do you hate it because you’re still salty about the end of Bionicle? Lemme know!

43 Likes

Very, very nice. I love the colors and the style.

10/10.

1 Like

It looks seriously amazing

1 Like

I love it.
It’s great.

This makes me want to make some sort of picture with Umarak.

1 Like

This is great Pek. I really like-

Now to be serious. The attention to the details of the set are pretty good, Pek. The horns look wooden, which is a plus in my book. Kinda wish more of the figure looks wooden, but you still did good. The glowing eyes are also excellent.

If there’s something I need to critique on, it’s that the gunmetal bits could use a little more shine to look metallic. I also wish you colored the lines on the trans-green bits. You did that before and it gave a glowing effect. Kinda wish you did that here.

3 Likes

Well, there isn’t much light to reflect, so that wouldn’t make sense.

That would probably look good, but I wanted to make him look all shadowy, so having him glow wouldn’t make sense.

I’m scared of him now. Great job!

1 Like

This is good, although you might want to make the lines a bit less thick.

1 Like

Great job here! The level of detail and background really make this stand out.

1 Like

This is fantastic.
Could I use it for my avatar?

no :P

I plan on using it myself.

2 Likes

Makes me reminisce about how in my head, Umarak was tortured and toyed with right to the end by Makuta. This picture makes me think perhaps in the end he found peace back in the shadows of the afterlife, his home. Good job!

1 Like

I really like this. It’s true to the set but has a fun style to it. Nice work!

1 Like

Spoopy,
Looks awesome!

1 Like

It looks alright, but the image is dark so the smoky effect isn’t that clear along with most your details.

2 Likes

Awesome.
I can never draw him.
I love how you captured his dark style and look.

1 Like

Yum yum…

1 Like

Good stuff.

1 Like

Oh yes. This is pretty darn close to what I imagine him like; a bony spirit almost completely hidden by darkness. It’s a bit too cartoon-like for me, but the idea is phenomenal.

1 Like