The iron Zyglak

From Makuta’s diary: "This is only the third time I have used the Spear of Fusion, yet it seems that each time something stranger happens. This time, I used it on a Toa of Iron as he was using his elemental power, and wound up splitting element from Toa. I wound up with a powerless Toa, and a creature made out of Iron.

"The Toa died soon after, when he foolishly tried to attack me. The creature, however, I restrained and kept for study. I have named It the Feglak, due to its similarity to the Zyglak. It seems to be made almost entirely out of Iron, with the exception of the Iron Toa’s hand, which is permanently fused into its chest. As far as I can tell, damaging this hand is the only way to hurt the creature, and I suspect destroying the handwould be the only way to kill the Feglak. Any damage to the iron body can be repaired, and it has the ability to regrow metal to replace any destroyed.

“The Feglak has the ability to manipulate its body to some extent, though it still retains the same basic form. It’s body seems to constantly be in flux, gears and joints forming, connecting, and reforming into something else. It also has the ability to manipulate other metals through direct contact. It does not need to sleep, though it does absorb a tiny amount of energy from nearby living beings, similar to the Mask of Vulture. It has the same rough intelligence level as a Kikanalo, though it doesn’t make any form of vocalizations.”

The goal for this moc was to make a creature using only grey and silver, with the exception of the hand and eyes.

Update: moved hand off-center, at TheJerminator’s suggestion.

As always, any comments, critiques, complaints, and cobras are welcome!

22 Likes

I really like this concept. The entire backstory fits right in with the kind of stuff that happens in the Matoran Universe.

My favourite part of the model is the head. It really does like a Zyglak head despite using none of the same pieces (not in the same spots, at least). The creative use of the blades in the arm construction is awesome as well; I love seeing unique parts usage like that.

One thing I might change is the placement of the Toa’s hand. Putting it off-centre or at an angle (or just asymmetrically in general) would reinforce the chaotic nature of the Feglak’s creation.

3 Likes

The way you flesh out the arms with a combination of blades and classic arms is really cool

Also I love the Teridax Chronicles entry as well

2 Likes

Decided to try it, and I like it way better this way. (Further pics added to OP)

3 Likes

Looks like something from the good ol’ DH and Rahi books. Nice moc!

really cool build with a very interesting back story