The Kaoho Dragon

The Kaoho Dragon

A massive Rahi that swims in the deep ocean, coming up to shallower waters for food and to catch prey. The Rahi will accumulate smaller Rahi on it’s back as they grow, often resulting in a small colony of deep sea crabs and other creatures that can survive the pressure changes thriving and living symbiotically with the Kaoho Dragon.

While these creatures can be domesticated, they require large space to roam and large volumes of food, as well as others of their kind. They have been known to die in captivity.

They are capable of reaching incredible sizes and never stop growing over their seemingly endless lifespans. Their speed, intelligence and hard shells make them extremely difficult to hunt, no poacher has ever taken a Kaoho Dragon as their prize.

This moc was created as part of the Ferina’s Bestiary collab on instagram.

23 Likes

I am really sad there is no articulated poses in the renders. The thought of a build with a head that looks as good as this being completely immobile is a sad one.

I’m also a little confused as to how no poacher has ever been able to kill one but they have been brought into captivity? Otherwise though, this is a really great model and very impressive, nice work.

3 Likes

That would look really cool irl.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of technic tomfoolery in the head that prevents articulation of the neck in certain directions, so I had to settle on three single axis joints as part of the neck. Doing plating like that with the volume and definition it has and having it accommodate for motion digitally is a pain.

The fins and fingers all can move, it’s just something I ran out of time for for my deadline in doing different poses.

Poachers don’t catch them but they die in captivity was me alluding to conservation attempts. They have willingly gone with a Toa of Water for instance for healing but cannot be raised by them, they have to mature in the wild.

1 Like