The Kraata Pitch [Pitch]

There was a Rahkshi pitch I recall reading that was from before it was decided to turn the Rahaga into this generation’s version of them. Basically, Kraata was the rank of Brotherhood acolytes who underwent the rites to become Rahkshi, which was the highest rank.

Was it canonized?

Like I said, this was from a while back, and I haven’t found any references to Kraata in the current bible so I don’t think so.

The pitch also involved Kapura studying the Rahkshi by infiltrating the Brotherhood and posing as a cultist, well before it was established that Iruni would likely be the eyes and ears for the going ons in the organization, and Kapura was written to be one of the five Mangaian rulers.

I think that would make a lot of sense. I’d be cool with this

I don’t believe the Rahkshi are fused with rahi in the current canon.The mutation is due to the Mask of Time backfiring and freezing the island. Since they weren’t Toa level or higher, they couldn’t handle the backlash and mutated.

The powers so far were just saying their natural element became corrupt as they went further to the dark side in the cult. But having the Kraata play a role could work too.

1 Like

“members of the Brotherhood of Makuta - who are all Matoran as far as I know - fused with Rahi.”
That’s what sanoki said, but everywhere else I’ve mentioned it people haven’t said it was non-canon. Either a lot of people think they are fused with rahi, or the cast mentioned it in the only podcast I watched.

I think the Kraata should not be tied to the Rahkshi’s mutation, but still be used by the Brotherhood.

They could be mixed in with the Krana (both have a similar sounding name) and thus become a form of parasite creature that the Brotherhood found washed up on the island’s shores.

The Kraatas are then used as G3’s Corrupted mask, allowing the Brotherhood to control the wild life on the island. Think of it like the Brains from HF’s Brain Attack, but without the mutation that the brains caused to the animals:

1 Like

Perhaps going on the line of adding Krana characteristics, maybe they could be used like the Kratana in G1? Showing Brotherhood recruits certain visions or offering suggestions.

Maybe the Kraata were a newer invention, created by the Rahkshi themselves using some sort of alchemy that involved infusing a small part of themselves into the new creature, which allows them to use powers of suggestion to entice? Well that, and maybe the odd cultist proselytizing on the streets.

This builds off a headcanon I had about how Makuta could control the Rahi with infected masks: Kraata were created of the Makuta’s antidermis. Then when they were used them to taint Kanohi, they infused the mask with trace amounts of antidermis, just enough for Makuta to control the wearer like a marionette while the mask was the crossbar.

1 Like

Ok, took time.
The answer as to why they devolve into Rakshi is explored as a tangent while answering this question. Go to 59:47 the idea starts to develop around 1:07:00.

Basically, the part where it is confirmed again, it is basically said “We do know that the great beings chose certain rahi to make the Matoran.”

Building off of Odnanref10993, here was the earlier Rahkshi pitch I had referenced earlier

Another interesting note is that Rahkshi themselves in this pitch are actually fusions of a physical avatar and a “Rahkshi spirit” e.g. Tuhrahk is a cultist acting as an avatar for a Tuhra spirit. Cultists also carry staves belonging to the Rahkshi they wish to transform themselves into.

I do like the idea of perhaps some of the Rahkshi’s weapons being tainted by the blowback from the Mask of Time. In Oomatu’s concept art, Tuhrahk is depicted as carrying a spear of which I assume could’ve belonged to him when he was a Mangaian admiral. Kurahk is also depicted as carrying what looks like either a large ice pick, or perhaps an axe. Assuming Lerahk doesn’t have hooked claws in place of his hands, perhaps those green blades were daggers he used when he was Iruni the theif. Panrahk and Vorahk are a little harder to pin down, but I’m going to guess Panrahk’s back pincers were concealed weapons that fused to his body and Vorahk’s might’ve been mining tools or something similar. Gurahk bears no visible weapons unless his/her tentacles count

http://i.imgur.com/5i26mia.png

2 Likes

eh-hem :point_down:

2 Likes

That’s an “L” at the end of my name. The fused thing comes from this thread: Brickonicle G3: Official TTV Canon List [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters][Pitch]

That thread has been replaced by the Story Bible Thread. As well as more recent commentary on how the Rakshi obtained their appearance.

Actually, I just remembered the question was answered in the General Questions topic. I am still looking for the podcast source, should have organized it better. I am sure it is on either episode 14 or 15, but I cannot find it.

1 Like

Nice idea. The kraata remind me of the brains from Hero factory Brain attack.

*it was kinda the other way around

@odnanref101993 Are rahkshi still rahi matorab hybrids?

Also, I don’t think krana should be connected to Kraata. In story, they are completely different beings.

there have been no kranas or kraatas in Brickonicle so far, so they can make changes to them and mix them up into a cross of the two.

My inner rahkshi nerdosity is screaming with rage

Sorry, sorry, I’ll calm down.

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH

I believe the Rahkshi mutate due to Makuta’s influence and their powers corrupting them I think, also:[quote=“TridahkMaster, post:1, topic:42919”]
In brickonicle
[/quote]

This is actually called G3 not brickonicle, I know, but yeah :smiley:

As far as I remember from the last podcast they are devolved version of themselves.

Matoran where made using existing Rahi, by evolving them. When the Mask of Time backfired it reversed part of the process making them half matoran, half rahi. They are not a fusion in the traditional sense of two things coming together to form one things. It is more like the what happened to Koopa in the terrible movie: Super Mario Bros

@Kardax Yeah there was something about the corrupting powers there too. I honestly cannot find the original podcast where they talk about it. However they devolve because of the effects of the mask of time.

1 Like

Ahh thanks for clearing that up!