The Kumquat Quartet Ep.1 - Uncovered beginnings

So hey hey! Finally got a video done! (I apologize greatly for the time taken… I am lazy…)
:frowning:

So yeah, here you go, a brand new episode! Albeit, not one from my upcoming ‘main’ series ‘Shadowed Scales’.

Now, onto some explanations.

The Kumquat Quartet (and yes that name’s mainly a joke/play on words about how it sounds like a q on Kumquat) is set in an alternate universe of mine called the ‘Chromatic-realm’.

It’s fairly far off from the Bio-universe, both storyline and ‘power’ wise.

While elemental abilities are still a thing, they’re both a touch more common, and highly color/light spectrum-based.

‘Chromations’ elemental abilities are sorted by their color, green/purple and black means earth, shades of brown and gray mean stone, certain tones of green can either mean wind or plantlife, etc, etc, whereas in the ‘normal’ universe matoran can change their entire color scheme and still retain their element.

Also, their armour cannot change color. Upon donning/replacing a piece it will start to convert to their color scheme.

Another difference is elemental ability, while most Chromations can’t access elemental abilities there are ones that can, albeit being rarer individuals.
The way to identify an element user is their color scheme, if they’re compose of two separate colors they have access to their elemental ability, the more noticeable the differences the stronger their powers… usually.

But, due to this their mask powers are also… odd.
For the most part, besides a few of the more basic mask-powers, there are no other common powered masks, the only known ‘unusually’ powered masks being ‘legendary’ ones that are either ‘lost’/hidden, or owned by powerful beings.

For the most part it’s also quite rare to see beings larger (besides rahi) than the standard Chromation height, which stands around that of a Matoran’s.
Toa themselves are rare, usually beings who appear at the most desperate of times and with a set purpose.

Luckily, for the most part Chromations can defend themselves, either by elemental ability, or due to the relative even playing field between most sentient beings they may battle.

Now then, as you’ll notice, there’s no stop-motion in this video.
I’m essentially planning to have very little in this series at that.

I’m doing this series in this style so-as to help get more used to video-recording, learn some more ‘tricks’ and such for Bio-videos, and due to a mix of inspiration from recently learning of, and watching an absolute crap-ton of amazing Biotubers who do videos in this style (such as Kasai or Rangus, who you should
check out. (Along with their friends/group)) and realizing I both didn’t fully know how to attempt such, and realizing how hard it could be!

Also, sorry about the bad camera quality, testing out a new one (which isn’t the best), and I wasn’t it the best lighting at the time.

(Also, I’m using Text-to-voice voice’s cause it 1, fits, and 2, I already have enough voices I’ll have to do already.)

Character bios/greater world development will be uploaded at a later date.

3 Likes