The Legends Project

Hey everyone. I thought some of you might enjoy a sneak peak of a project I’ve been working on for a couple years now. The project is a Minecraft Map of the city of Metru Nui, almost to scale.

Years ago, I started this just by making a small scale model of the Island, it was a fun little project, and then I thought how cool it would be if I went all out, and built the entire island as an explorable map. Below is the save file I used to practice putting together buildings, rooms, landmarks, that kind of thing.

Once I had gotten a solid start, I kinda realized that I needed an actual landmass to put stuff on, so after many failed attempts at this, I was introduced to WorldPainter.
After a few months of trying to get the island as close to the original shape as I could, I leveled it with MCEdit so I could start construction. Now, I had already built a Coliseum, so placing it was actually one of the easiest parts of the process, you can see it here:

As you can see, the area around it is pretty barren, and will probably remain that way until I can get chute stations and other structures set up. Now inside the Coliseum, there are three levels: The main building above ground, which houses Makuta’s chamber and the arena

The first sub level, which houses the Matoran pods,

And the second sub level, which houses the city’s power generator,

With that done (more or less), I started working on Ta-Metru, starting, of course, with The Great Furnace. Now, unfortunately it is still a work in progress, but here are some shots

So that is what I have so far, and I’ll be posting updates on here as I keep working!
It might be a bit, I decided to take a small break from construction to do research both through the Adventures series, as well as modern architecture and city-building.
Thank you for your time!

41 Likes

Amazing! I don’t know what to say, this is so cool!

Thanks man! I really appreciate it

1 Like

I love this, it looks like it would be a lot of fun to explore.

I appreciate it mate.

1 Like

Awesome! When can I delve?

1 Like

Well, If you want I can upload the current file, but it won’t have much to explore besides what you see in the screenshots. I’m thinking about releasing updated world files maybe every 6 months so people have more to explore, especially since it takes forever to build everything.

It’s kinda just a Flat island with a couple buildings right now.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

HAHAH! Now this is impressive! Can’t wait to see more!

Thanks man! I really appreciate it

If there are any key events people want to see recreated throughout the city, let me know before too long, and I’ll work it into my plans.

Editing for Double Posting- Faceplateless Grimlock

Yo! So as some of you may have noticed, I havent done many updates with The Legends Product. The reason for this is because I want to get the rest of my research and planning done before I continue building the rest of the city, so I dont have as many mistakes to fix later on.

Right now, I am a) Reading through the books with Metru Nui, getting help from Mr. Farshtey for some of the details, and planning out every aspect of the Metrus. I noticed while I was studying Metru Nui architecture, that a lot of it seems really based off of organic tissues and cells, (some buildings are really similar to various cell organelles, and the chute system seems a lot like a circulatory system) and so I’m working on integrating biology into the urban planning of the city, (also studying various aspects of urban planning so I have a better idea of what I’m doing when building the city). So that is what’s up, if you have any questions or want to see some of my planning sketches, let me know.

2 Likes

This is great.

1 Like

I agree.

Most up-to-date world file for Metru Nui, hope yall get a chance to look around!