The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

What are you waiting for just do it

1 Like

@Mayple should start it as he started this topic.

2 Likes

That last thing he said about official instructions coming out…

…maybe that’s what it meant.

5 Likes

Cool thanks for the link, but I think it would be fine if we started another topic to go alongside those and instructions might be coming out from the looks of this video. So PLEASE @Mayple start a topic for overlord Makuta!

EDIT:

I asked the guy who made the video about the phone call he made to Lego customer service about instructions and this is what he had to say about it.

6 Likes

Hey guys, just a random thing:

Since there are a lot of parts left from the Makuta combiner model, I challenge you all to make a MOC out of them!

I decided to try to make one in 30 minutes, just like Play Stippling does on his channel!

8 Likes

Seriously can we please start an Overlord Makuta topic?

3 Likes

It’s just too difficult to make, because it is not a combiner model.

3 Likes

It’s worth a shot. I mean just imagine how epic it would be to have an Overlord Makuta. I might end up just making the topic myself, but I’m not sure if @Mayple is cool with that.

EDIT:

So after looking at several photos the model shouldn’t be too hard to rebuild. It’s actually not as complex as you would think. However, it requires a LOT of pieces people probably don’t have and will have to brick link. I’ve got photos and I’m ready to make a topic. I just want to wait for @Mayple to say it’s “ok” and then I’ll make it.

4 Likes

I believe mayple is sleeping, and I have no pacience

1 Like

How do you know he’s sleeping?

1 Like

Maybe he is simply out, we was last seem online 2-3 hours ago, so yeah it’s just guessing

1 Like

Well, should I just make the topic? I’m hopeing to get multiple people’s input on this decision.

2 Likes

Yeah, go ahead and set it up.

1 Like

Hey guys, Niek here.I just wanted to say, I am very happy to see how the deconstructed pictures were received, you all did an awesome job figuring it out and putting together your models. Well done! : D

I just wanted to address the statement made that there would be instructions.LEGO currently has no plans to create full building instructions. Just wanted to make sure there would be no misinformation and people waiting for instructions.

6 Likes

Maybe one of us should call up lego customer service and ask them ourselves? A video of the conversation would be nice.

2 Likes

The thing is, this model should not be in any of our systems. It was our (the designer’s) initiative to post the deconstructed pictures.

6 Likes

Wait are you a Lego designer? If so, pleasure to meet you! And great work!

P.S. The Overlord Makuta topic is up if anyone was wondering, I won’t link it as that could be advertising.

3 Likes

Thanks man! Yeah, together with 2 friends/colleagues we created the model used for JTO. All 3 of us are massive fans from back in the G1 days and it has been humbling to work on it.

I just wanted to prevent disappointment from people waiting for building instructions. However, if there is any area in specific people have trouble with, I can try and get some more pictures approved.

21 Likes

Can you please take photos of the “Overlord” Makuta’s construction? Or at least his back? That would mean so much to us, I hope it’s not asking for too much. But either way you guys did a fantastic job with the JtO model, I was so impressed with the size. It’s definitely one of the best combination models ever. But maybe Overlord Makuta photos? Pretty please?

5 Likes