The LGBTQ+ Community Topic

Oh [HECK] yeah! I know that takes a lot of time and effort, you have my absolute congratulations!

9 Likes

Thank you!!!
I’ve already gotten my ID and social security updated. Today I’m gonna head to work and get it updated there. And then later in the week I’ll be getting it changed with my bank.

9 Likes

I too am Trans

The waiting list for HRT in the UK is horrendously long but what can ye do

9 Likes

I’ve often considered trying to get hrt, but it’s very conflicting for me as it’ll only help with some things, and some of the changes I honestly just don’t want. Besides, it’s not like I need it, so it’d probably be hard for me to get it anyway.

In reality I know that hrt probably isn’t right for me, but I still think about some of the benefits and can’t help but wonder if it’s worth it. Sorry if this was a weird rant, but it just feels good to be able to talk about stuff like this with people who will understand.

8 Likes

Don’t worry about it! Its always good to just voice your thoughts and worries sometimes.

Hrt definitely isn’t for everyone, and no one absolutely needs hrt to qualify as trans. So if you feel like you’d be better off without it then there’s nothing wrong with that.

8 Likes

Thanks Maxine, It’s nice to hear that from someone who understands.

6 Likes

Of course! I’m happy I can be of service.

It really is important to understand that there’s no singular definition to being trans. No list of qualifications you need to meet that make you any more or less trans than anyone else.

Take me for example. I never experienced dysphoria growing up. I was never unhappy with my body before I realized that it could be better. There are some people out there who would try to disqualify me because of that. Because my experiences don’t line up with their narrowly defined ideas of what it means to be trans. And I’d say that’s a load of garbage!

Everyone’s experiences will be unique and different. No two trans people will have the same story to tell. And that’s what makes it amazing! You don’t need to take hrt, you don’t need to get srs, you don’t need to experience dysphoria. The only thing you need is whatever it takes to make you happy and comfortable with who you are!

9 Likes

There is no right or wrong way to be trans, you be you and what ever makes you happy.

I personally started HRT 1 week ago today but just like Bean I live in the UK with the horrible wait lists and the way this country treats trans people.
I have so far spent almost £600 to get to this point but it cut the wait time down from 5 years to 2 months.

6 Likes

Pay to win :pensive:

6 Likes

I paid on a credit card…omg I paid to win using loot crates. :sob:

8 Likes

Attention everyone! I have an incredibly exciting announcement!

Today marks my first full year on hrt!

9 Likes

Congratulations! That’s so cool!

2 Likes

Estrogen is pretty cool yeah, been a solid two years

7 Likes

based and hormonepilled

6 Likes

Hormonepatched

The one thing that sucks is the good supplier has production issues so I have to use these enormous patches from Germany? I can barely fit all of them on me

6 Likes

Happy Trans Day of Visibility everyone!!!

9 Likes

Oh good, i can finally see all my friends. So weird talkimg to invisible people all the time.

11 Likes

It feels good to be percieved! I have to enjoy it while it lasts before I become an incorporeal being once more.

7 Likes

Indeed, happy trans visibility day! I think it’s kinda hilarious that it’s happing on Easter Sunday, it feels fitting somehow, yet also ironic.

6 Likes

yup, a day commonly associated with eggs happens to be Trans visibility day too

get it? eggs? eggs? as in the trans thing?

8 Likes