The LGBTQ+ Community Topic

8 Likes

oh yeah so iā€™m trans

close to 8 months on hrt

woo

12 Likes

Congrats! Iā€™m on about 10 months myself. Itā€™ll be a full year in November.

Oh! Also some super exciting news. I got my legal name changed recently!!! I am now and forever will be, in the eyes of the law, be known as Maxine!!!

9 Likes

Oh [HECK] yeah! I know that takes a lot of time and effort, you have my absolute congratulations!

9 Likes

Thank you!!!
Iā€™ve already gotten my ID and social security updated. Today Iā€™m gonna head to work and get it updated there. And then later in the week Iā€™ll be getting it changed with my bank.

9 Likes

I too am Trans

The waiting list for HRT in the UK is horrendously long but what can ye do

9 Likes

Iā€™ve often considered trying to get hrt, but itā€™s very conflicting for me as itā€™ll only help with some things, and some of the changes I honestly just donā€™t want. Besides, itā€™s not like I need it, so itā€™d probably be hard for me to get it anyway.

In reality I know that hrt probably isnā€™t right for me, but I still think about some of the benefits and canā€™t help but wonder if itā€™s worth it. Sorry if this was a weird rant, but it just feels good to be able to talk about stuff like this with people who will understand.

8 Likes

Donā€™t worry about it! Its always good to just voice your thoughts and worries sometimes.

Hrt definitely isnā€™t for everyone, and no one absolutely needs hrt to qualify as trans. So if you feel like youā€™d be better off without it then thereā€™s nothing wrong with that.

8 Likes

Thanks Maxine, Itā€™s nice to hear that from someone who understands.

6 Likes

Of course! Iā€™m happy I can be of service.

It really is important to understand that thereā€™s no singular definition to being trans. No list of qualifications you need to meet that make you any more or less trans than anyone else.

Take me for example. I never experienced dysphoria growing up. I was never unhappy with my body before I realized that it could be better. There are some people out there who would try to disqualify me because of that. Because my experiences donā€™t line up with their narrowly defined ideas of what it means to be trans. And Iā€™d say thatā€™s a load of garbage!

Everyoneā€™s experiences will be unique and different. No two trans people will have the same story to tell. And thatā€™s what makes it amazing! You donā€™t need to take hrt, you donā€™t need to get srs, you donā€™t need to experience dysphoria. The only thing you need is whatever it takes to make you happy and comfortable with who you are!

9 Likes

There is no right or wrong way to be trans, you be you and what ever makes you happy.

I personally started HRT 1 week ago today but just like Bean I live in the UK with the horrible wait lists and the way this country treats trans people.
I have so far spent almost Ā£600 to get to this point but it cut the wait time down from 5 years to 2 months.

6 Likes

Pay to win :pensive:

6 Likes

I paid on a credit cardā€¦omg I paid to win using loot crates. :sob:

8 Likes

Attention everyone! I have an incredibly exciting announcement!

Today marks my first full year on hrt!

9 Likes

Congratulations! Thatā€™s so cool!

2 Likes

Estrogen is pretty cool yeah, been a solid two years

7 Likes

based and hormonepilled

6 Likes

Hormonepatched

The one thing that sucks is the good supplier has production issues so I have to use these enormous patches from Germany? I can barely fit all of them on me

6 Likes

Happy Trans Day of Visibility everyone!!!

9 Likes

Oh good, i can finally see all my friends. So weird talkimg to invisible people all the time.

11 Likes