The "Look What I Just Got!" Topic

These are from a little while ago now, but I got something else I’ll share later and I remembered that I haven’t talked about these. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just about all of my friends used to like BIONICLE, and none of them really want their sets anymore.

That’s good news for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

The first guy originally wanted 70 dollars for all of these, but after I declined and he realized he didn’t have any use for them, he sold them to me for 5 bucks. A great deal, though lots of pieces are missing.

(Sorry about the pictures, some are blurry and I don’t even know what happened with the lighting.)

First up is a Lewa Phantoka. He was missing a lower leg piece, so I sacrificed Pohatu’s legs because he was beyond saving. Also missing the Matoro claws on his shoulders.

Photok and Radiak are both complete, but one of Radiak’s legs is cracked.

Most of the pieces for the vehicle that comes with him were gone, but Vultraz here is complete, though he has a cracked foot.

Here are Mutran and Vican. I’m pretty sure Vican is complete, but Mutran is definitely missing some parts. Fun fact: My friend got this for his birthday in 2008, and I was there. I remember being so jealous, but now that set’s mine. Not just the same set either, the exact copy of it I was jealous about.

Tahu Mistika’s spike things near his head are supposed to be red, but I used the silver ones from the Vultraz vehicle because one was missing. His weapon isn’t quite right either.

Gali Mistika isn’t a great set, and mine has a few pieces in the wrong colours and is missing shoulder armour on one side. It’s somethin’.

Finally, we have a Vorox who, as far as I can tell, is complete.

There was also a Pohatu Phantoka who was missing a ton of pieces, and a Krika who was also missing quite a few parts, but I already have Krika, so he’s being used for parts for other incomplete sets I might come across. Someone I barely know came up to me and said “Oh, you like bionicles? (That hurt to hear) I have one somewhere. He’s like a blue scuba guy.” so I figured it was Hahli Mahri, hopefully with good lime joints. I asked him if he was willing to sell it, but he just gave it to me instead. It was actually Matoro, just missing his weapons.

A different friend gave me his brother’s old Guurahk, just with a couple pieces in the wrong colours and Turahk’s spine, along with this stack of books. He wouldn’t even let me pay for them.

Last but certainly not least, that friend’s friend was going through his massive collection and gave me a set. He had every Toa Inika and Axonn among other things, but what set did he let me keep?

And I couldn’t be happier.

21 Likes

Where?

2 Likes

Those aren’t solek’s original arms…

Also I got runts

And my bricklink order should be delivered by the time I get home.

Which is in about 4 hours.

3 Likes

I HAVE ALL OF THEM!

LUCKY!!! It’s $35 dollars for all of the sets I still need.

I got the 4 Mata I was missing, a few masks, and the rest of G2 several months ago but never posted. Second giant haul coming soon, so be ready.

4 Likes

could’ve sworn someone made them in the “lets build JtO Makuta” topic

If You Mean The “Wrecker Of Doors” One, Than I can tell you that those are not instructions they’re vague pictures, they’re not good enough.

1 Like

once again, could’ve sworn @Altair made some.

That’s actually the designers. Biosector01’s one and only Dorek got them from the model designers: Vezok’s Friend/Ferain on DevArt, BrickThing, and some mindstorms designer. Oh, the perks of LUG ambassadors…

1 Like

mate.

Whoops, his arms and legs were swapped. Thanks for letting me know, I probably never would have noticed that.

1 Like

Probes true, too. Cool to know, though.

1 Like

it’s not even that.

you have Takanuva Star’s arms on, instead of Solek’s arms-

7 Likes

Oh. Well then I guess the real arms are still with my friend’s friend.

2 Likes

yeah.

Shame he probably lost at least one of them (and I don’t really want to talk to him :stuck_out_tongue: ) but back on topic…

1 Like

ya also made it to where Lewa phantoka can’t bend his knees forwards. only sideways.

1 Like

Well I could just remove and rotate those pieces if I needed to bend his knees, I think he looks a bit better displayed the way I have him.

you mean disconnect the legs and re-attach them in the correct orientation?

because this:

does NOT look good OR correct.

5 Likes

I could just put a matoran or something in front of him so you can’t tell… :stuck_out_tongue: I thought his legs looked a little too bulky with the Vahki leg pieces facing forwards, but maybe I’m just being a goof, I dunno.

then swap them out for metru or rahkshi legs.