The Loop: Reawakening discussion and ooc ((signups closed))

That’s what i was thinking, but i don’t really want to throw in a character that hates most of the others for smoking while also having problems trusting them, especially since the gm wants to keep the group together

3 Likes

@N01InParticular can I add a revolver my character

1 Like

@NOTaHFfan post the doggone before I leak it again :goo:

bruh

5 Likes

This is a huge mistake

Name: Aristomache “Ari” Grimm
Equipment: Ari is in possession of a bulky mechanical arm prosthetic meant to replace her missing lower right arm. It can be loaded with special gunpowder charges (of which she has only six) that greatly increase the power of her punch upon activation. Due to the highly illegal nature of the item and the dubious means through which she acquired it, she has to carry it around in a big heavy duty case with multiple locks most of the time, pulling it out and putting it on only when it’s necessary or when her current “job” requires it. She carries a big flask filled with whiskey of questionable quality in one of her pockets… and a second, smaller flask with the same liquid in a deeper, more hidden pocket… just in case, you never know when you run out. She has an old but reliable brass wrist watch with a cracked dial and a compact air filtering mask for traversing the extremely polluted environment of the industrial district, the place that she calls home.

Personality: Ari has a straightforward way of speaking, often coming off as rude and abrasive. If she has something on her mind, she will say it without hesitation or regard for the effect her words might have on the other person. Despite this blunt and seemingly aggressive nature, she genuinely cares for the people she considers friends and will go to great lengths for their sake. She used to be a fairly outgoing, open person, but after the accident that changed her entire life, she became more cynical and closed off, not wanting to lash out on others because she understands that this problem is her own and no one else should have any part in it. On the other hand, Ari seems to have lost all regard for her own life, often pushing herself way beyond her limits and endangering herself for seemingly no reason.

Appearance: Ari is over 6 ft tall and has a muscular build. She has a face with sharp features and dark eyes, framed by long black hair. She wears a sleeveless shirt that used to be white a long time ago, baggy reddish-brown overalls with the straps hanging on the sides, a pair of heavy duty boots with brass plating and a checkered sand red bandana covering her forehead.

(Drawing by yours truly)

Occupation/Job: Ari was a talented mechanic and engineer with good knowledge of more complex machinery and a burning passion for her craft. She has been doing repair jobs all around Sikkerhed’s industrial district since her teens. Most of the time these endeavours were very well paid, but when she was low on money, she wasn’t afraid to get it from less legal means, so she occasionally dabbled in building and repairing equipment and weaponry for various criminal organisations to make ends meet. But one day, three years ago, during one of her standard repair jobs, it all came to an abrupt end when a horrific accident that took the lives of a dozen people also took her right arm below the elbow and fractured the left one, resulting in nerve damage that gave her the slightest tremble; unnoticeable to the untrained eye, but rendering delicate mechanical jobs impossible. Unable to fulfill the position she was so passionate about, the thing that her entire existence revolved around, and having no way to put bread on the table, Ari’s mental state started deteriorating. She began spiralling down, burning through all her savings and developing a drinking problem. In her search for something to help her cope with her situation, her connections with the criminal underworld eventually led her to the illegal underground fighting rings of the industrial district, a place for the worst members of society to bet all their money away on down on their luck fighters with nowhere else to go. In this violent “sport” the only rule is “no guns”, there is nothing stating that prosthetic arms are prohibited, and the organisers are looking for the most violent spectacle possible with no regards for safety, so Ari took an experimental mechanical arm that she failed to sell and stepped in the ring. She fit right in and eventually gained infamy in these circles due to her unrelenting determination to keep pushing forward and standing back up no matter how severely injured she is or how unbeatable her opponent seems to be. She found an easy escape in these extremely violent and dangerous fights. After all punching things is only thing she is capable of in her current condition… at least that’s what she tells herself to justify this path of deliberate self-destruction.

Trivia:
Due to her past as an engineer, Ari has great knowledge of the inner workings of many kinds of machinery, but she cannot apply it herself anymore due to her injuries.
Ari loves sweets and will try to eat as much as possible when given an opportunity. Unfortunately those opportunities are extremely rare. She has a soft spot for animals, especially dogs. These feelings are mutual because animals generally seem to like her as well.
She does, in fact, have a family, but she completely distanced herself from them after the accident.

Here is a schematic of how Ari’s prosthetic arm is supposed to work (I have no idea where else to put this info, so it’s going in trivia):

The arm is essentially a big revolver that punches instead of shooting. Each cylinder houses three special custom made charges, the explosive power of which pushes forward the entire lower half of the forearm instead of a bullet, which is followed by the spring returning the lower half of the forearm to its resting position, ready to punch again.
The mechanism is prone to overheating due to the amount of energy being released with each charge, so she can’t use it several times in a row unless she wants to receive severe burns. The other limiting factor is that she is risking to break all bones in what’s left of her right arm due to powerful recoil if she uses it too often, so the cooldown on this thing would be very long in normal circumstances.

The amount of uses that this strengthened punch has is limited to six per time loop, as she only has two cylinders, each containing three charges. (Of course I can change this amount for game balancing reasons, as the attack is supposed to be powerful and I don’t want it to be abused)

The hand has a mechanism that allows the fist to be opened and closed depending on the position of the elbow. Good enough for grabbing basic items, but completely useless for anything more complex

did I go completely overboard with this? Yes. Was it worth it? Absolutely

10 Likes

I am here to corroborate Aristomache’s incident as being the same one Ottar caused, and his profile has been updated to reflect the time since :goo:

Only three spots left :goo: :goo: :goo:

4 Likes

Approved, I also really appreciate you limiting your arm charges to a per loop situation.

I’m gonna say approved as long you can post somewhat on a frequent basis ((definitely don’t want a repeat of the last version of this rp.))

Edit:

And while we’re here why don’t I reintroduce to your guide for the rp ((at least for a bit))

Name: Alexander
Equipment:
Personality: Alexander is a very much ends justify the means kind of guy, he will remove any obstacles in his way no matter the cost. Naturally tight lipped, secrets are his specialty, this combination pared with his lack of any tact socially is something that leads to him being a perfect individual to lead the effort to break the loop.
Appearance: Alexander is a cool 5’9, he has messy neck length light-brown hair, green eyes, and two scar like lines adorn his cheek. Alexander wears a pale blue jumpsuit along with a belt carrying several of his tools.
Occupation/Job: The best approximation for Alexander’s occupation is that of an inventor. Alexander seems to know more about the cities ancient technology than anyone else, he often takes this knowledge to his advantage to gain the upper hand against anyone he’s deemed to “be in his way of getting out.”

Say hello again to your totally mentally stable and trustworthy guide

9 Likes

Time for some sus activities around the city, then.

2 Likes

@wild_toa cmon man we only got two slots left :eye: :eye:

5 Likes

I don’t want her steamrolling through all enemies and punching through every locked door and wall like it’s nothing.
Plus, unlocking the case and putting on the arm is an entire process in and of itself, which will likely limit the usage of the arm even more, since she doesn’t have the time to equip it if things are escalating too quickly and unexpectedly

Good question. Where is that jumpsuit, Alexander? Where is it?

At Mild_oat where you at
We need you here

7 Likes

This is what I get for not using my spellchecker

5 Likes

IMG_0282

4 Likes

Not mistake, just not American :smirk: :us: :eagle:

much worse :pensive: :fr: :fire:

5 Likes

IMG_7983
you win…. this time :smirk:

3 Likes

Sooo….

May I? (Sorry for buggin you)

1 Like

Looking at signing up, question for you while I work on a char:

Is there any sort of naval (I guess aerial) trade? Like a Merchant Marine corp or something?

2 Likes

Have you tried joining the steam scuffers? :goo:

2 Likes

Knowing you it’s probably bait but the what now?

3 Likes

He saw right through it :pensive:

Take a look over the approved profiles to get a good idea of what kind of a world’s being built here; we’ve got alcoholic amputees, nine-year-old mass murderers (in minecraft), child soldiers, and a grandma :goo:

2 Likes

Gotcha. My current character pitch is an old ex-pirate/Merchant marine who’s trying to lay low from his old life. He currently does odd jobs but he has enough squirreled away to be comfortable, but he hates being idle.

Lost his leg in a rope accident, but keeps the bone around for intimidation factor.

4 Likes

A big thing to keep in mind is the setting is steampunk with some slight futuristic elements, like the occasional complicated prosthetic limb. @N01InParticular’s done a good job of locking the setting to your typical steampunk-y period.

The Lucanites frequently exit the sanctuary dome, although where they go is unclear. They could embark on floating vessels or they could just stand outside; we’ll have to wait and see what he says :goo:

As for trade, the city is a nest for crime and other illegal activities, like the fights Aristomache participated in and the child soldier program Rose was involved with. Most of the good business appears to be centered entirely in the industrial labor presumably necessary for keeping the city afloat/comfortable to exist in. Who knows, he may have been a witness to a certain horrific event three years ago :smirk:

But of course, details like a child soldier program and secret gory fight clubs didn’t exist until the people signing up proposed them, so perhaps you’ll be able to suggest a wild new addition to the world of The Loop II: Legends of Metru Loopi :goo: :goo: :goo:

6 Likes