The Mandalorian: Star Wars' First Live-Action TV Show

I’m already in love.
So yeah, this is a show coming out, and by the looks and sound of it, it may be a western.

28 Likes

This looks really cool, but is anyone else slightly tired of all the Mandalorians? We had several episode of Clone Wars and Rebels dedicate to them, am doing there are so many more species that could be done.

But hey, maybe we’ll get a live action Cad Bane in it or something, I’d be onboard.

2 Likes

Tired? Of Mandalorians? Blasphemy! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyway, I’m so in for this. Three things are musts for me, though:

1. Some acknowledgement of Boba Fett’s fate
  2. A Bo-Katan cameo (with Katee Sackoff, AND the Darksaber)
  3. A Sabine Wren cameo.
11 Likes

Kinda wish it were Boba, between Episode 3 and 4, but it could be good. Maybe this guy is Boba, just in disguise.

2 Likes

I’m curious as to how this show will impact the (now put on hold) Boba Fett solo movie. Because, if we end up getting the movie as well, I can see their premises and plots unfolding in a very similar way. I’m also not sure why this show isn’t about Boba himself, because he has a much greater appeal, but that is probably because the show was planned when the movie was still going to happen.

Regardless, the thing that interests me most about this series is the connection between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, and maybe the beginning of the First Order.

3 Likes

Was Jango truly a Mandalorian, though? If he was, that’d probably make Boba one.

1 Like

Funny thing about that - in the Legends continuity Boba ended up becoming Mandalore. So he was considered Mandalorian back then; no clue if he still is in the new stuff.

As for the series as a whole, I’m hyped. I’ve always loved Mandalorians, and, like Rocka said, we need some stuff showing what’s going on between RotJ and TFA.

5 Likes

Battlefront II (‘17) covered a lot of that. I just wish it hadn’t been EA otherwise it might’ve been really good. We needed a brutal, merciless stormtrooper squad, not a weak-willed group black-armored idiots. It was pretty fun to play, though

Edited title for spelling and clarification- Prentice1215

1 Like

See you later, Space Cowboy
If it’s a space western, I’ll certainly watch it. I’m rather fond of Mandos.

4 Likes

I’m already hyped for this.

1 Like

The potential problem: Disney owns Star Wars. Looking at their Marvel shows, we can see they keep them as far away fro the movies as possible. I really don’t want that to be this shows fate.

1 Like

I doubt it’ll be the same. Rogue One included several references to the events of Rebels, and we got the greatest cameo ever in Solo from everyone’s favorite former Sith Lord, not to mention name drops to Aurra Sing and the like. The MCU is often lauded for how well everything connects, but in terms of overt connections, the MCU has nothing on Star Wars.

4 Likes

Star Wars is such a vast universe, I’d actually like it more if it mostly kept it’s distance from the movies. Not everyone has to know a Skywalker, if you catch my drift. It’d be nice to have a small scale, gritty, western-esque story.

6 Likes

Huh. I think I’d heard about this, but this actually looks really cool.

Maybe the films are a cesspit of controversy right now, but something like this could be perfect for just being its own thing and not worrying about all that stuff, which always works for me.

The world of Star Wars is an enormous canvas backed by decades of lore (albeit mostly retconned, but that’s a discussion for another topic), and I’m curious to see how this turns out. The Clone Wars revival already interests me, so perhaps…

Only time will tell, but I will remain cautiously optimistic.

2 Likes

I made this the other night when the set photo was released. If they do something new and interesting it could be really good. But, if they play it safe it’ll probably be just as bad as Solo. Luckily it’s a new character, so that’s a good sign.

15 Likes

That meme… is perfect. I’ve got no problem with Rey, but let’s be honest, who isn’t a sucker for sick Mandalorian armor?

5 Likes

How did I not know this was going to be be a thing!

2 Likes

I’m always down for more Mandalorians.

3 Likes

I am pretty hype for this! If it ends up being good, I might consider getting this Disney streaming service. Plus, I kinda want to see the continuation of Clone Wars.
As for my current thoughts on Disney Star Wars, the only things I haven’t liked are The Last Jedi and the upcoming “Resistance” show doen’t look that good. But, I sure do have hopes for this show!